Crafting Capacity... yeah.. let's get rid of that!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Thanks for the feedback.

Just to be sure that there is no misunderstanding you are saying that when the building's crafting capacity (the green bar at the top, and NOT the food bar) is at 0, you cannot craft despite the building having enough food?

The intended design is that you can still craft, but that the building would require extra food when out of capacity. The reason for this design is to encourage players - especially in player cities - to spread out their crafting across different buildings.

If you cannot craft at all when out of capacity, this is a glitch that should not be in the game like that, and we would address this asap.

The actual regeneration rates for crafting capacity will need to be fine tuned and adjusted during this test.

In case you did mean the food bar (the 3rd bar from the top), we expect the prices for food in the market place to drop rapidly over the coming days. When the game release on July 17th, we will also take additional steps to make sure that there is no "food crisis" during the first few days post launch. (most likely by having heretic mob drop carrots during for a couple of days).
  • Danitsia wrote:

Hi there, what exactly does the crafting capacity mean and how do we raise it up?
    Crafting capacity is I believe the blue bar you see in buildings. Unless it changed colors it used to be the farthest bar down. Crafting Capacity goes down as you craft, similar to how the food bar goes down when you use a building. The difference however is that the capacity regenerates over time at a set rate while nutrition can be filled up faster or slower depending on the food dropped in.

You can think of the nutrition bar as being the general limiter on the building which is overcome by guilds that either have a lot of money or a lot of farmers while the capacity is a harder limit that cannot be overcome except by having more of the same building.

What it does exactly is causes your building to use up nutrition faster when the capacity is down.
  • DoomRawrus wrote:

Danitsia wrote:

Hi there, what exactly does the crafting capacity mean and how do we raise it up?
    Crafting capacity is I believe the blue bar you see in buildings. Unless it changed colors it used to be the farthest bar down. Crafting Capacity goes down as you craft, similar to how the food bar goes down when you use a building. The difference however is that the capacity regenerates over time at a set rate while nutrition can be filled up faster or slower depending on the food dropped in.
    You can think of the nutrition bar as being the general limiter on the building which is overcome by guilds that either have a lot of money or a lot of farmers while the capacity is a harder limit that cannot be overcome except by having more of the same building.

What it does exactly is causes your building to use up nutrition faster when the capacity is down.
    Thats not what Korn said above...

Korn wrote:

The intended design is that you can still craft, but that the building would require extra food when out of capacity. The reason for this design is to encourage players - especially in player cities - to spread out their crafting across different buildings.

If you cannot craft at all when out of capacity, this is a glitch that should not be in the game like that, and we would address this asap.

The capacity is a limiter that can be overcome by providing more food. (if not it is a bug and you guys should report it asap)
  • Korn wrote:

How does that even work?
    It's shop owner who feeds the station, not the crafter.
    How are you suppose to encourage crafter to do something by taking money from shop owner?

Is forcing shop owner to rise craft fee the intended effect?

This whole system seems really unfriendly for all players.
    Like devs gave us a finger saying 'because I said so, fuck you'
    'Cacatio Matutina Est Tamquam Medicina'
    X/
  • anyone can feed the building, and the shop owner can set a reward per unit for feeding...

just in general there is no incentive to feed because you end up feeding for others to use, but if the shop owner is smart they put a silver per food cost in there they dont need to manage the building at all and its somewhat profitable for gumbies to feed the building and recover some of their crafting money, its just up to the shop owner to work out at what rate he actually gains money from the crafting and doesnt drain all the money from the feeding, but these options have been there since ooooh alpha 2 I think
  • Snorri wrote:

anyone can feed the building, and the shop owner can set a reward per unit for feeding...
    By feeding I meant paying for the food used by the shop. It doesn't matter who is dropping food on the shop.
    And this is cost paid by the shop owner. (except situation when desperate crafter feeds someones shop for free because there's nothing else available)

So this system that is supposed to 'encourage' crafter to use different stations doesn't dirrectly affect crafters.
    It creates another level of complications and increases shop owners cost forcing him to rise crafting fee.
    And I don't like this design :/

Snorri wrote:

but these options have been there since ooooh alpha 2 I think
    It was bugged, this beta is first time food reward can be used properly.

Snorri wrote:

its just up to the shop owner to work out at what rate he actually gains money from the crafting and doesnt drain all the money from the feeding,
    there's not much to 'work out' too bad hardly anyone understands the mechanic :/ Plus the data is obfuscated by lousy UI design.

Too bad cuz now too much shops is out of use because there's no food.
    Qick manual on how to get the numbers:

1) open shop feeding menu
    2) check current nutrition points in shop by dropping 1 food item on the shop (NOTICE nutrition value shown includes nutrition value of food you are using to open menu), write down nutrition value n1
    3) craft an item
    4) repeat point 2 to check nutrition after item was crafted, write down nutrition value n2
    5) Substract n1-n2= nutrition value of crafting an item.
    Nutrition cost of any item of the same tier and enchant is proportional to number of resources used to craft this item.
    (so crafting t6.2 claymore (32 resources) uses the same amount of nutrition as crafting 4 helmets t6.2 (4x8 resources)
    Now you need to check market value of nutrition ( divide food nutrition value per food market value) and you know how much you are paying per every crafted item.
    X/
  • Targun wrote:

By feeding I meant paying for the food used by the shop. It doesn't matter who is dropping food on the shop.
    And this is cost paid by the shop owner. (except situation when desperate crafter feeds someones shop for free because there's nothing else available)
    You are thinking of only cities. In guild towns the guild members feed the stations. For instance I feed the lumber refiner in my guild base all the time. Not everyone uses the city stations, nor should they if they are in a guild. There are considerable benefits to using guild stations vs city stations (lower cost to no cost, more fame from studying, etc.).
  • FireRunner wrote:

Targun wrote:

You are thinking of only cities. In guild towns the guild members feed the stations. For instance I feed the lumber refiner in my guild base all the time. Not everyone uses the city stations, nor should they if they are in a guild. There are considerable benefits to using guild stations vs city stations (lower cost to no cost, more fame from studying, etc.).
    If this system is meant for villages it shouldn't be applied to shops in cities.
    X/
  • Korn wrote:

Thanks for the feedback.

Just to be sure that there is no misunderstanding you are saying that when the building's crafting capacity (the green bar at the top, and NOT the food bar) is at 0, you cannot craft despite the building having enough food?

The actual regeneration rates for crafting capacity will need to be fine tuned and adjusted during this test.

In case you did mean the food bar (the 3rd bar from the top), we expect the prices for food in the market place to drop rapidly over the coming days. When the game release on July 17th, we will also take additional steps to make sure that there is no "food crisis" during the first few days post launch. (most likely by having heretic mob drop carrots during for a couple of days).

Looks like this never got fixed.
    I was at a Mage Tower last night, couldn't craft due to max capacity. Gave up for the night, just tried now with my Alchemist, got exactly the same thing, despite the building being very well fed (67% full).
  • Volnay wrote:

How does the (crafting capacity) regeneration rate work ?
    I used to see my buildings regenerating over time but it seems not to be the case anymore.
    Any ideas?
    When it works, it regenerates every second i think it is.
    And it regenerates at the rate of getting all capacity back within 24 hours.
    So a building with 24,000 capacity would regenerate 1,000 per hour, while one with 2,400,000 capacity would regenerate 100,000 per hour.
  • Castille wrote:

Volnay wrote:

A couple of hours later, no change at all. Same numbers.
    Shall I open a bug report? If so, where to proceed?
    There is no need. The DEVS are aware of the problem, and has stated it's their top priority to fix.If nothing comes earlier all stations crafting capacity will be filled next maintenance, roughly 17 hours from now.
    Between this top priority and top priority to fix lags which top priority is topper?
    [b][u]Ownage[/u][/b] (n): 1. Noun form of the verb [[i][u]own[/u][/i]]. 2. An instance in which someone or something is [u][i]owned[/i][/u].