The Elephant in the Room: Expeditions.

• what more can we say. Open world pve is still really redundant. Solo dungeons are too small. Blue dungeons offer no enticing end bonus. And since I refuse to use expeditions the only good runs i have enjoyed have been no respite as well as hellgates. Since hgs are pvp thats not a good solo fame farm option. Therefore as a pve guy I just dont really play atm.
  • Raithe wrote:

what more can we say. Open world pve is still really redundant. Solo dungeons are too small. Blue dungeons offer no enticing end bonus. And since I refuse to use expeditions the only good runs i have enjoyed have been no respite as well as hellgates. Since hgs are pvp thats not a good solo fame farm option. Therefore as a pve guy I just dont really play atm.
    Idk. Going into a higer tier red zones and doing the blue dungeons has been extremely lucrative. I think my guild touches expeditions only when they're bored and need to cool off after a blue dungeon (aka it's for fun not any kind of gain). I mean, if you grind anything endlessly it becomes lucrative somehow, but when you compare it to hellgates (oh god the sexiness from those is literally too much [and is likely getting nerfed hurray] and blue dungeons like... Solo dungeons don't seem to be worth it in the long run, but seriously folks. Blue dungeons aren't getting any credit here. At all somehow.
    The Global Trade Federation, your one stop shop, where the best gear is made!
  • Lucrative perhaps. Honestly reward is a neccesary part of the equation to make a dg fun, but not the most important part. Its fantasy. An engaging environment that is immersive, has interesting nooks/crannies, non-static mob patterns/positions, appropriate loot for the game (break a table to get logs not drop t6 assassin's chest), decent sized, multi layered, something to fear and look forward too at the end is the most important part(s). Its a deep dark hole you wander into with your guildies and get lost for an hour or two away from reality. Of course if you want specifics see the last 205,392 suggestions i posted for pve improvements.
  • Raithe wrote:

Lucrative perhaps. Honestly reward is a neccesary part of the equation to make a dg fun, but not the most important part. Its fantasy. An engaging environment that is immersive, has interesting nooks/crannies, non-static mob patterns/positions, appropriate loot for the game (break a table to get logs not drop t6 assassin's chest), decent sized, multi layered, something to fear and look forward too at the end is the most important part(s). Its a deep dark hole you wander into with your guildies and get lost for an hour or two away from reality. Of course if you want specifics see the last 205,392 suggestions i posted for pve improvements.
    yes, if they keep in expeditions, they should make open world dungeons have something that randomly happens once in awhile. A Boss pops out that is twice as strong as the normal end boss, this boss has a giant backpack of logs that he throws at you, those are 5.2 logs with chance of 5.3. The logs can be picked up if you survive and down the boss, and the boss has a stack that drops when he is dead as well.....
    Remove the following features: Fast Travel and Re-Roll.
    ( If you agree with me, copy my signature to help make this opinion more widespread. )
  • Thorn-Delwyn wrote:

Just so you have a little more information to base these discussions on: right now every player doing expeditions finishes two of those per day in average.
    There are lies, damned lies, and then there are statistics. - Mark Twain.

I see you have come here with a narrative of, "look players do 2 expeditions only!"

What do they do after those 2 expeditions? Im wagering they log off. Show me the % of players that stay online versus log off after they run these 2 instances.

Is this player doing anything else BEFORE they run the instances. This is important. I want to know if people are logging on, running 2 instances and then logging off. As a developer this should be important to you as well.

So lets talk REAL statistics. If they are not negatively impacting the game as your narrative suggests, why not answer my questions with the real numbers? Balls in your court.
    The True Victor.

Make Albion Great Again!
  • Thorn-Delwyn wrote:

Just so you have a little more information to base these discussions on: right now every player doing expeditions finishes two of those per day in average.
    Ok... They still are not leaving the safe cities to venture out into this world you guys put SO much effort into. Whats the point? And I doubt its only 2 expeditions per day, maybe only 2 group expeditions. Solo expeditions take no time.

As a game designer, what are your opinions on the suggestions that have been posted in this thread? Albion is trying to be a big open world PVP game, so why create a feature that removes any need to go into the world to level (for combat and PVP)? Why wouldn't you create expeditions as a feature that encourages people to go seek adventure in all areas of the world (blue and red zones alike)?
  • When will these "casual" players quit ruining every single decent MMORPG around? There are a million MMORPGs with all those great features for people who want to play for 5 minutes a week but still be the best at everything, there are very few MMOs out there that offer open world, full loot pvp, no instancing, no artificial barriers, and require socialization the way an MMO should.

These features make it so players don't have to interact with one another, they don't have to go out into the world and risk their loot, and yet they can still get all the way up to T8 without leaving the city once.

This bullshit is exactly what made WoW awful, remember dungeon/raid finder guys? remember all the friends you made and memorable experiences you had? no? well neither does any fucking body else. I mean why play an MMO if you don't want to interact with others, don't want to work to achieve your goals with your friends, and aren't interested in being a part of the community? THAT IS THE ENTIRE POINT OF MMORPGS.

This is a slippery slope, and if the devs keep giving people less reason to socialize and go out into the world, eventually everyone will be sitting in town, in a queue, until they quit the game out of boredom. It's happened to many MMORPGs in the past, and it'd be a shame if after nearly 2 decades of MMORPGs, Albion's developers still made the same dumbshit mistakes that ruined games so many times before.
  • I agree that current expeditions needs some changes. Expeditions itself is quite good idea, but those should send players to travel these dungeons and explore the open world. That also opens good possibilities to add something more to current expeditions and not just basic dungeon crawling.

It is not all bad, that at start new players can enter to expedition easily and gets introduced that way to dungeons. So maybe that T3 could keep it place as more like tutorial.

Also one good option is limit numbers of expeditions you can complete to one / week / each.
  • I just wish that some of the developers would actually acknowledge all of these concerns and these fantastic ideas that have been presented to change expeditions to something that will fit albion

Edit: And I just want to point out that since the start of Galahad I have not even left town (maybe once or twice) but I have level almost now to tier 6 all from the city and thats it. I used my past gold I bought to get silver I've bought all my armor from the auction house and have grinded fame quickly, easily, and mindlessly in the expeditions with people I have not spoke to once.

I have not made any new friends or have had any "fun" experiences, but these features have encouraged this type of play. Why should I leave the city when I don't have to?

The post was edited 2 times, last by Jbirdx90 ().

• Jbirdx90 wrote:

I just wish that some of the developers would actually acknowledge all of these concerns and these fantastic ideas that have been presented to change expeditions to something that will fit albion

Edit: And I just want to point out that since the start of Galahad I have not even left town (maybe once or twice) but I have level almost now to tier 6 all from the city and thats it. I used my past gold I bought to get silver I've bought all my armor from the auction house and have grinded fame quickly, easily, and mindlessly in the expeditions with people I have not spoke to once.

I have not made any new friends or have had any "fun" experiences, but these features have encouraged this type of play. Why should I leave the city when I don't have to?
    If this is what people experience, they won't play this game long.
  • Jbirdx90 wrote:

I just wish that some of the developers would actually acknowledge all of these concerns and these fantastic ideas that have been presented to change expeditions to something that will fit albion

Who can say has done the same? I have just runned few.

EDIT: I am not protecting current expeditions, but just courious if people are over reacting..

The post was edited 1 time, last by Thomas9 ().