Your feedback on weapons and armors

• Rosalia wrote:

some changes to 1h dagger E are conisdered atm, for example a slow on hit
    and maybe some after effect to dual daggers, and maybe some cd/duration/range changes to claws.

But nothing set in stone here yet, since retroman is pretty busy atm, but it is known that dagger line needs a bit of love, not much tho imo.
    Duel daggers are in a decent spot, maybe adding some effect where based on amount of q stacks used for duel daggers E, you get x % of hp and or mana back, so that if you are forced to follow someone around while stacking charges, and then manage to nuke them, you also heal a bit since usually you end up being focused heavily while attempting to do it, it would add sustainability to that weapon kinda like when wailling bow used to heal(even though it was weak).

1h dagger on E could have a stacking slow, while E is activated 5% stacking slow per hit, probably can do what like 5 attacks? So 25% total slow seems decent.

1h frost could also use some love, the E simply does not do enough dmg nor roots for a decent amount.

2h frost E is good damage, but landing both waves is impossible, it should have some slow or mini stun after the first wave(if it lands of course)

Glacial same old same old, no point to use when you can get an icicle so easily, at this point if you removed glacial from the game no one would even notice it.

and frost bomb having a 2.5 second delay before it explodes is silly, its almost as if you are casting a meteor....

And i saw retroman buffed positional swap boots, or tried to, its not the duration that makes them crap, its the fact that you swap someone like 1 inch and then he walks back 2 meters and is back where he started, double the range on that thing to make it decent and maybe add some benefits or negative effects afterward. Isn't it a hell gate artifact? Should have value to go with that item power as well as rarity.

.1 bow E, once you get the rage buff after 6 autos, while active it should last like 5 seconds longer, currently its very hard to switch targets to sustain that armor debuff once enraged, just not enough time especially if you are forced to kite back.

Great axe E is terrible, make it uninterruptible and increase damage or rework it.

Halberd E same issue, very low dmg and everything, carrion pretty much does everything better.

Infernal fire staff needs something to go along with its E on the initial target, currently nature healers are out healing the dot damage because its so weak and over such a long period of time, could use a slow on the initial target or something to make it worth using.

Some ideas while i am sitting on a toilet
  • Posted this too often already, but i really, really like to have throwing weapons back.

That as an introduction to the shuriken throw on dagger line;

we already got the short dash and the smoke bomb on W. The third is the strike with reduced healing and as an alternative for the throw, i would like to see something that is usable for mid dmg with low energy = PvE skill.

If that is absolutely not wanted, can't help it i guess.

But shuriken throw is just a placeholder for when actual throwing weapons are put back into the game (?). As far as i know, there are no current plans to revive them any time soon.

Here is the old thread about suggestions for throwing weapons: Think Tank on Throwing Weapons
  • throwing weapons might come back in the hunters lodge after release.

the issues hyper mentioned for frost are tackled with the DR change, since every hit/slow/q crippled the freeze /slow effects on the skills that matter.

Bow is kinda fine atm (compared to some other weapons) even tho they break the rule of sologanking, which is something that isnt liked by the "devs"
    Axes, the carrion/halberd is the same as clarent/dual swords issue, its not a game of numbers, but of differences
    Infernal suffered a nerf from something and i dont actually know when, it was used to great effects even for single target damage in earlier betas.

But all those are things that will be fixed/looked at/adjusted over time if it is required. Its a priority based system, but a change in balance buffing an underused item is always something good, even when the game is live imo.

Also dont forget to use the link on first page for proper feedback, since stuff posted in this thread might get overseen ( i am just human) while the form is guaranteed to be looked at!
    Proud owner of the T8 Offhand book Rosalia's Diary. Feel free to pm me once you have your own item named in Albion.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Rosalia ().

• Rosalia wrote:

throwing weapons might come back in the hunters lodge after release.

Sounds great, cant wait,but also a tad afraid ^^

the issues hyper mentioned for frost are tackled with the DR change, since every hit/slow/q crippled the freeze /slow effects on the skills that matter.

Are we talking about allowing for slows to stack? Cuz that did not fix anything that i talked about... The 1h frost still weak, the root needs a buff or it needs to do a tad more dmg or have some sort of another effect. The frost bomb also is just takes ridiculously too long to explode, im not sure why it takes so long, i haven't timed it in a while so im not sure if its changed but it was 2.5 second delay before exploding, thats just simply too long, a blind man with his toes can escape that.

Bow is kinda fine atm (compared to some other weapons) even tho they break the rule of sologanking, which is something that isnt liked by the "devs"

Yeah its not urgent, but some tweaks here and there that dont require much time would really make a difference, like what i said in my post about the .1 bow E enrage duration, would make huge difference.

Axes, the carrion/halberd is the same as clarent/dual swords issue, its not a game of numbers, but of differences

Not going to lie i have no clue what you mean by this... the halberd is absolutely beyond belief terrible in every way shape and form. With carrion being so widely available(Not a fan of that) it leaves no room for any other axe besides a scythe to be used. Halberd needs huge rework or crazy buffs to even be usable and the great axe E is really weak, as well as can be interupted which basically makes it pointless anywhere, cant gvg with it or open world, so you are stuck ganking(crazy i know) with a weapon that should not be used for ganking.

Infernal suffered a nerf from something and i dont actually know when, it was used to great effects even for single target damage in earlier betas.

Well, with all the healing staff's constantly getting buffs and shield bubbles being more common then ever, this weapon has fallen of pretty hard, deals very minimal damage and is even scarcely used in open world fights.

But all those are things that will be fixed/looked at/adjusted over time if it is required. Its a priority based system, but a change in balance buffing an underused item is always something good, even when the game is live imo.

Yeah understandable, as long as someone is writing down on a pad that they do need work.

Also dont forget to use the link on first page for proper feedback, since stuff posted in this thread might get overseen ( i am just human) while the form is guaranteed to be looked at!
    For some reason insert quote is glitchy and wont work so il improvise.
  • ya forum quoting is a bit clunky atm.

With the axes i mean, carrion is the same as clarent, it does the job of the other weapons straight up better.
    Dual swords now have the different gameplay aspect (gap closer/reach) which makes them more versatile than the "immobil" clarent.
    Same goes for carrion, better range, better effect, easier to use. The halberd would work fine, if the carrion wouldn't exist.

And with the frost staff, everytime you deal damage (Q) your E skill gets dumpstered by the system, because you already applied a strong cc resistance buff to the target, even tho you only wanted to deal damage.
    For example the 1h frost, if you want to get the best out of your E, you need to use it as the first skill before anyone with any slowing effect hits it, to make the skill "decent" which is normaly not the case, since range/engage.

Now you can poke with your Q whenever and go in with the E and still have the full E duration on the target.
    (this now makes changing the freeze numbers easier, since they are more constant)

Blizzard is a prime example as well. The slow duration gets so short at the end, because of the DR, its just impossible to ever get the skill work properly in my opinion. With the changes we might see the first working Blizzard in Albion History :3
    Proud owner of the T8 Offhand book Rosalia's Diary. Feel free to pm me once you have your own item named in Albion.
  • Rosalia wrote:

Infernal Staff is maybe the most underused weapon because E is one of the lowest damage and lowest 9m range skills and it also has casting time with colosal 30 seconds CD. Look at frost or other fire staves how good they are 10-15 sec CD with instant skills and then look back at Infernal, meh.
    At least short its CD and increase cast range.

The post was edited 1 time, last by DrJambi ().

• I have a suggestion for a skill on my Broadsword, where i think the wording is wrong, and confusing.

Dunno where i should put this, but ill put it here and see.

The skill Interrupt has a description that it increases your normal strike damage by 20 percent for 5 seconds per Heroic charge for a maximum of 3 charges on you. It took me a while to figure out only the 20 percent damage is counted per charge, and thus will be increased to 20/40/60 percent and not the 5 seconds.

I would maybe change the wording to something like.

"and increases your normal damage by 20% for every heroic charge on you (max 3 charges), for 5 seconds. It makes more sense then.
  • Bedrock mace
    A couple of suggestions, since I think it's a weapon with great fun potential, but that's seldom used, because the 2h mace purge is so important.

1. The animation on the E is too long. By the time the player gets into range so you can activate it and the animation runs through, that player is in a different position, so you're wasting it. Add latency fun on top of that. The only way to reliably use it is to root, reposition, then use it, which takes preparation, all your weapon cool downs and can be disrupted every step of the way. Compare it to the Great Hammer E or the Mace silence which are instant and unavoidable. Make the activation range bigger please and the animation run After the push.

2. Would be good to be able to also push allies, stunning enemies on path, opening up all kinds of fun play - push your healer away from their melees, push your clarent in, etc. Probably make it a fixed distance push for allies, something like 9-11m. Currently, on a leather/plate, the push/stun is quite small so it's pretrty useless at saving your healer, compared for ex to the silence/stack purge from the 2 handed mace.

Demon armor
    The retaliate is pretty useless since the meta is aoe (clarent, axes, curse) and that doesn't trigger the retaliate. I'm not sure on this, but the dots probably don't trigger it either, so other than auto attacks, it has no uses. No one picks it over the wind wall. A suggestion would be to keep the armor bonus and replace the retaliate with a different effect, either the energy gained/drained from the other armor (which isn't used either), small aoe heal aura, or something else.
  • Cloth, Leather, and Plate armor should each have a movement speed ability to choose.

The culling of movement speed abilities from most equipment forced people into flocking to the remaining few weapons that have good mobility. This hurts build variety in open world PVP in a big way.

Allowing people to get mobility from their chest piece will allow them to have more freedom in choosing a weapon, rather than being forced into a weapon that has a sprint on it. Those who want to double-down on a mobility weapon and mobility armor certainly can, but then they would be giving up their assassins chest. This will likely have little impact on GVG, because the comp needs favor other utility than mobility on armor. Open world PVP will get a lot of benefit out of this change.
  • Rosalia wrote:

Well the thing is, in Beta 1 it was one of the best dps skill (even single target) in the game, and iirc nothing got changed with the skill, thats why we are wondering how it fell behind.
    The reason it was OP before was because it kept reapplying the DoT passive on anything it touched. That passive got reworked and since then it's shit. I also think it got a slight damage nerf.

Sometimes you couldn't mount for 20 sec cus of DoT reapplying after the 8 sec duration of the spell.
  • Substanz_D wrote:

Dot interaction change aswell as the general aoe nerf with the introduction of the scaling damage, left infernal broken and shattered :(
    lets not forget that at some point the infernal was stronger then usual because it was bugged and reapplying the passive burn spread over and over again.

I would like to see the dot damage start slow and ramp up, kinda of like cursed stacks but automatically, the last 5 seconds taking maximum damage and only then spreading to other players, but those players get the infernal spread that starts from low dmg and stacks all the way to high. Giving people time for counterplay, but also punishing for not staying out of the infernal during its *plasma* or hottest phase. Preventing that person from going invis while the dot is active would also be a very nice buff.
  • Some holy Staff skill imbalances...

Flash Heal > generous heal in every way. Shorter cast time and GH has a 2 second CD. FH does more heals per second even when wearing full healpower/CD reduction gear. AND FH has bonus healpower to other healing spells.

Suggestion: Remove CD on GH, it already has a long cast time. Move the heal buff from FH to GH

Holy blessing is by and far the most commonly used W skill (ignoring smite). Enlightenment has situational usage so it's good. Sacred Pulse lacks healpower to be of any real use (cast enlightenment and flash heal 3times/person and you will get more heals off faster with slightly higher Mana consumption). I suggest making sacred Pulse limited to 5 players being healed and increasing it's overall heal power, maybe even doubling for the one it's cast on. The Resurrection spell is... Useless. AFAIK it can only be used on a downed player but by the time you unlock it you shouldn't be in a yellow zone anyway...
  • Endymion wrote:

Some holy Staff skill imbalances...

Flash Heal > generous heal in every way. Shorter cast time and GH has a 2 second CD. FH does more heals per second even when wearing full healpower/CD reduction gear. AND FH has bonus healpower to other healing spells.

Suggestion: Remove CD on GH, it already has a long cast time. Move the heal buff from FH to GH

Holy blessing is by and far the most commonly used W skill (ignoring smite). Enlightenment has situational usage so it's good. Sacred Pulse lacks healpower to be of any real use (cast enlightenment and flash heal 3times/person and you will get more heals off faster with slightly higher Mana consumption). I suggest making sacred Pulse limited to 5 players being healed and increasing it's overall heal power, maybe even doubling for the one it's cast on. The Resurrection spell is... Useless. AFAIK it can only be used on a downed player but by the time you unlock it you shouldn't be in a yellow zone anyway...
    When mods miss the point of the OP...