Pinned Your feedback on weapons and armors

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Your feedback on weapons and armors

      Hello everyone.

      I came up with the Idea of collecting everyones feedback and opinions on the current state of combat balancing.

      Combat balancing itself is not an easy topic, and opinions are spread wide into different directions and playstyles. That's why i wanted to offer a platform/way for everyone to make the combat in Albion Online even better.
      The main goal is to get the lackluster weapons to a point, where they compete with the main weapons, instead of just nerfing everything that is used more than regularly.

      At the end of this post, you will find a google form that can be filled out by everyone, just once or multiple times. All the data will go directly, both in a curated as well as a raw version, to the people changing it as a high quality advice based on multiple voices.

      Also this allows people, that are willing to spend time giving feedback of a really good quality to be noticed by the ones making the changes.

      If this way of feedback works, it hopefully ends up being a long-term help to combat balance in Albion Online.

      One small thing on the side, since Galahad is already on the Mordred server, please only refer to the Galahad combat, since main cores of the combat have been changed in that patch, so if you are not commenting on Galahad, please wait until you can play Galahad aswell (Epic and Veteran Founder)



      I really hope this works!

      The offical feedback form

      Have a nice day, and leave me some feedback how to improve it aswell :^)

      @Talion
      Proud owner of the T8 Offhand book Rosalia's Diary. Feel free to pm me once you have your own item named in Albion.
    • I don't have access to the test server, but as soon as I join the Beta on 14th March, my first idea is to make a huge thread with an anylisis of the balance of weapons/armors in the game (my opinion + flat numbers). This is was I was mostly doing in every beta, check balance and give feedback about it. Until then, I can't help much in this matter.

      EDIT 1:

      Btw, I agree with "The main goal is to get the lackluster weapons to a point, where they compete with the main weapons, instead of just nerfing everything that is used more than regularly."

      We should stop nerfing weapons to the ground and instead, think how can we fill every posible role with a weapon. I think the % of people which use a weapon is not important, because some weapons are viable in many scenarios (GvG, zergs,1v1..). My goal is to make each weapon viable in atleast one scenario.

      EDIT 2:

      If you feel like you are bored, @Rosalia, you can make a google doc like the one that Chromaggus had last summer with every weapon/armor and their spells and I'll make the analysis with the numbers. Just in case you are too bored.

      The post was edited 2 times, last by Neshert ().

    • Neshert wrote:

      If you feel like you are bored, @Rosalia, you can make a google doc like the one that Chromaggus had last summer with every weapon/armor and their spells and I'll make the analysis with the numbers. Just in case you are too bored.
      Elsa shared a google doc here you may find interesting.
      Winter Alpha test Character name - TRF
      Summer Alpha test Character name - Nytefury
      CBT - Nytefury
    • Nytefury wrote:

      Neshert wrote:

      If you feel like you are bored, @Rosalia, you can make a google doc like the one that Chromaggus had last summer with every weapon/armor and their spells and I'll make the analysis with the numbers. Just in case you are too bored.
      Elsa shared a google doc here you may find interesting.
      Wow, didn't notice it. I'll make an anylisis and post a new thread during this week then. Thanks for the info and thanks @Elsa
    • See my posts in the first three pages of





      My testing is done in this beta and ill be back at work full time at the end of march so my testing input is probably at its end.

      The forums are scarcely used so my last bit of feeback is stop pinning stuff and just read the forums until you get some actual traffic.

      Thanks, I enjoy the game very much see you guys one day a week maybe.
    • Cleric armor inferior to Mage & Scholar armor.

      ATM from a damage dealing role perspective there is no downside into going mage armor compared to cleric armor.
      The flat 5% more damage/healing on Mage armor offer way more value in just about every situation than cleric armor does playing as a dps or healer.
      Now one would think that cleric armor is better for defense which justify the less damage output. However the everlasting spirit is so rarley used due to it's superior alternative frostshield. This is making everlasting spirit a poor choice in just about every situation. The overall survivability of using frostshield outshine the everlasting spirit except for the scenario of a duel. (If you want to balance game around duels I guess it's fine)

      If you do PVE and get aggro then frostshield is superior since it allows the healer to actually keep you up with healing a otherwise squishy setup. Everlasting spirit might save you for 3 seconds IF you time it correct but then when it run out you are 100% dead if you had decided not to run away (only possible in pve scenario).
      Therefor the damage output of everlasting spirit in most scenarios is lost due to the player beeing low in health and instead of yelling -"kamikaze, die with my 1 cast 30% damage increase", the player is better off running trying to save his bacon with a healer nearby. In Which having the frostshield in the 1st place would have been a better spell both for damage and survivability.

      I suggest reworking everlasting spirit to increase damage when the 5 seconds run out. Also balancing the mana cost at the same level as frostshield. This way it can to a certain extent actually be a useful delayed damage output spell aswell as a defensive. and OR if you fall below 30% health while everlasting spirit is active you get a movement buff for 2 seconds to allow the user to get out of harms way.

      However I must add, with the proposed change to everlasting spirit. The frostshield is probably STILL the better option in 90% of the situations.
      The same can be said for the berserker spell on the mage armor. However it does give somwhat of a damage on demand increase eventhough the player is at full health. If it wasn't for mage armor skin beeing uggly as F. Then every damagedealing staffuser would roll around in magearmor.

      The post was edited 4 times, last by Gwandir ().

    • Gwandir wrote:

      Cleric armor inferior to Mage & Scholar armor.

      ATM from a damage dealing role perspective there is no downside into going mage armor compared to cleric armor.
      The flat 5% more damage/healing on Mage armor offer way more value in just about every situation than cleric armor does playing as a dps or healer.
      Now one would think that cleric armor is better for defense which justify the less damage output. However the everlasting spirit is so rarley used due to it's superior alternative frostshield. This is making everlasting spirit a poor choice in just about every situation. The overall survivability of using frostshield outshine the everlasting spirit except for the scenario of a duel. (If you want to balance game around duels I guess it's fine)

      If you do PVE and get aggro then frostshield is superior since it allows the healer to actually keep you up with healing a otherwise squishy setup. Everlasting spirit might save you for 3 seconds IF you time it correct but then when it run out you are 100% dead if you had decided not to run away (only possible in pve scenario).
      Therefor the damage output of everlasting spirit in most scenarios is lost due to the player beeing low in health and instead of yelling -"kamikaze, die with my 1 cast 30% damage increase", the player is better off running trying to save his bacon with a healer nearby. In Which having the frostshield in the 1st place would have been a better spell both for damage and survivability.

      I suggest reworking everlasting spirit to increase damage when the 5 seconds run out. Also balancing the mana cost at the same level as frostshield. This way it can to a certain extent actually be a useful delayed damage output spell aswell as a defensive. and OR if you fall below 30% health while everlasting spirit is active you get a movement buff for 2 seconds to allow the user to get out of harms way.

      However I must add, with the proposed change to everlasting spirit. The frostshield is probably STILL the better option in 90% of the situations.
      The same can be said for the berserker spell on the mage armor. However it does give somwhat of a damage on demand increase eventhough the player is at full health. If it wasn't for mage armor skin beeing uggly as F. Then every damagedealing staffuser would roll around in magearmor.
      agree, the everlasting spirit is in a bad place.

      either it duration should be 10 seconds and not 5.
      and even then the skill does not fit the cleric armor, it is an offensive skill and not defensive/healing.

      it should work toward healing:
      Everlasting Spirit
      If you get damaged in the next 5s, you will heal your friends in ~10 radius (but not yourself) for the exactly the amount of damage which is done to you.
      be careful not to die!

      or healing on death...

      Everlasting Spirit
      If you die in the next 10s, your spirit will linger in the place and will heal your friends in ~10 radius periodically for X hp every second for Y seconds.


      (BTW lots of armor sets skills are not persistent with the armor "purpose", they just random skills slapped to an armor)
    • Right now when you use a sword a mace or a axe you unlock the hammer and crossbow line, there should exist a crossbow t3 and a hammer t3 to each weapon t3 unlock a t4, not one weapon unlocking 3 lines. The same for mage and hunter way.

      Greataxe its mana hungry.

      Heavy Mace with purge and silence? Will be the next beta tank meta believe me, people wont play anything more for sure.

      Pull Area spell from Flail should only pull 5 enemies not all like the black monk.

      Iron Clad its useless. E as no use in PVP neither PVE.

      Remove the 0.4 seconds on Daggers.