QoL change for black zone ZvZ

• QoL change for black zone ZvZ

The removal of groups showing on maps in all black zones does more to hinder ZvZ fighting than it does to help it.

the idea of different red/black zones is great, and its good that the outlands are all black zones. the newer maps(since beta 1) feel like they are more open and do less to funnel everyone into certain spots, and with the more open maps it just seems harder to find big fights than it did in beta 1. maybe some middle ground could be met for showing black zone zergs, perhaps it doesnt show until you have a group of 15+ or it only shows in certain areas of the black zone(for example some exception for city plot zones or raid zones, not sure if they would need special exception but its a option)

Beta 1 there were many times where a zerg spotted on the map would cause people to form up and go fight, while in beta 2(where all the outlands was black with no zerg markers on map) it felt more like fishing for fights, where most of the time was trying to find people just to have the fight.

im not saying that simply putting the red zone mechanic into black zones is the perfect solution, i dont know what the perfect solution is but maybe someone else has a perfect idea for this. if you're in a group of 15+ running through black zones you are probably looking for fights, lets make it so people spend more time fighting and less time aimlessly running around hoping to find a fight.

• It would be sufficent with a warning text or button of some kind that lights up when there is player activity above 15 in a blackzone. Not more or less information. Then ppl can run scared out of that zone if they feel like they will get stomped, and guilds can form up as they see there is a zerg somewhere in the zone. This design will not take away strategic elements of positioning either.
  • Barab wrote:

This could serve as an anti Zerg tool as well as smaller groups/guilds could manuever as appropriately to engage or avoid big numbers.
    yea it does in red zones and that was the original intent i think. even for larger groups if they wish to not appear on the map all they have to do is spread out so there are easy ways for groups that dont wish to fight to show up.

my concern though is more for the big groups that are looking for fights, to let them get the fights easier and promote ZvZ more

• Gwandir wrote:

It would be sufficent with a warning text or button of some kind that lights up when there is player activity above 15 in a blackzone. Not more or less information. Then ppl can run scared out of that zone if they feel like they will get stomped, and guilds can form up as they see there is a zerg somewhere in the zone. This design will not take away strategic elements of positioning either.
    yea even this would be a big improvement

• Reintroducing the red-zone blop mechanic would be nice especially in the low-end black zone and possibly the mid-black zone. Not sure how they bigger guilds would feel about having it in the high end, but if it's put there to help them find more ZvZ I could see that being useful. It can fulfill both a anti-zerg mechanic for smaller groups/guilds and at the same time benefit large guilds in finding ZvZ.

Would be interested in having the large guilds chime in on this for the high end black zones, but definitely love the idea at the very least for low and mid black zones.

Cheers.
  • it honestly won't be an issue.

They made it now so only way to be competitive early in game is to run dungeons for the gvgers. This means that they must always be fighting over this ability. So people will funnel to the dungeons so that they can get the t7-8 drops months before crafters have the ability to make it.
    HCN wrote:
    Hello,
    While I do agree with you (I miss the good old days of UO when we didn't have to deal with the instant-gratification-cry-baby generation)