Galahad Pre-Test Feedback Thread

• Nervontuxis wrote:

Dagother wrote:

monsterSK wrote:

So the changes to the essence mobs does not seem to work. They also seem flawed atm since I can get ~340 and ~450 fame from the mobs solo, this is kind of crazy for fame. It would make much more sense if they gave low fame and silver (none atm) and high amounts of essences. After clearing my way through to the middle (about 15-20 mobs) I have gained, 1 t5 and 1 t4 essence, with these drop rates it would be better to just stick with dungeons, they give more silver, fame and essences.
    I can confirm that. Was checking drop rates of essences yesterday and farming dungeon mobs is more profitable than spectres. You not only get silver and essences but also runes and souls, why would you waste time on spectres then? I thought spectres will be the main source of essences (good drop rate and yield) but it's just a bad alternative to dungeons now.
    And overall the pve content is just too easy now. Was just testing yesterday with flat 4.0 tier duo (tank and dps) doing T7 solo dungeon on black zones. It was such a walk in the park that i felt just numb. We were pulling all kinda combos to see how far we can go, but nothing was dangerous. Fact is we can just do T7 blue dungeon on 4.0 gear as 2 man and that fame is just insanely high.
    Not only are the monsters way too easy to solo or duo all around the world, having no mob execution just makes it easier cause you can't even lose anything in case you make a mistake. I can just pull insane mobs of slow moving elite creatures and kite them till the end.
    Not sure if you've got those PvE nodes unlock but that's also a problem since the nodes provide +15% dmg vs mobs and +15% def vs mobs.
  • Dagother wrote:

Nervontuxis wrote:

Dagother wrote:

monsterSK wrote:

So the changes to the essence mobs does not seem to work. They also seem flawed atm since I can get ~340 and ~450 fame from the mobs solo, this is kind of crazy for fame. It would make much more sense if they gave low fame and silver (none atm) and high amounts of essences. After clearing my way through to the middle (about 15-20 mobs) I have gained, 1 t5 and 1 t4 essence, with these drop rates it would be better to just stick with dungeons, they give more silver, fame and essences.
    I can confirm that. Was checking drop rates of essences yesterday and farming dungeon mobs is more profitable than spectres. You not only get silver and essences but also runes and souls, why would you waste time on spectres then? I thought spectres will be the main source of essences (good drop rate and yield) but it's just a bad alternative to dungeons now.
    And overall the pve content is just too easy now. Was just testing yesterday with flat 4.0 tier duo (tank and dps) doing T7 solo dungeon on black zones. It was such a walk in the park that i felt just numb. We were pulling all kinda combos to see how far we can go, but nothing was dangerous. Fact is we can just do T7 blue dungeon on 4.0 gear as 2 man and that fame is just insanely high.Not only are the monsters way too easy to solo or duo all around the world, having no mob execution just makes it easier cause you can't even lose anything in case you make a mistake. I can just pull insane mobs of slow moving elite creatures and kite them till the end.
    Not sure if you've got those PvE nodes unlock but that's also a problem since the nodes provide +15% dmg vs mobs and +15% def vs mobs.
    I only have unlocked bonus vs t5. So no help from that vs high T mobs like 7-8. PvE is so easy that i don't see why would you bother using LP at all to combat skills now. Gathering is much more time consuming.
    Ding dong the witch is dead!

Officer of Nilfgaard (Haamu's party)
  • Nervontuxis wrote:

Dagother wrote:

monsterSK wrote:

And overall the pve content is just too easy now. Was just testing yesterday with flat 4.0 tier duo (tank and dps) doing T7 solo dungeon on black zones. It was such a walk in the park that i felt just numb. We were pulling all kinda combos to see how far we can go, but nothing was dangerous. Fact is we can just do T7 blue dungeon on 4.0 gear as 2 man and that fame is just insanely high.
    Not only are the monsters way too easy to solo or duo all around the world, having no mob execution just makes it easier cause you can't even lose anything in case you make a mistake. I can just pull insane mobs of slow moving elite creatures and kite them till the end.
    Though I would say that the pve is not balanced yet I have to ask, what T7 were you doing? I was there in t4 flat cloth and the mobs would hit me for ~330-350 damage per auto attack. It was not impossible, but it was not something where we could just sprint into pulls and grab whatever agro'd.
    Glaive (rip)
    Infernal #1 :D ...ALSO RIP
    I am also eternally poor.
  • monsterSK wrote:

Nervontuxis wrote:

Dagother wrote:

monsterSK wrote:

And overall the pve content is just too easy now. Was just testing yesterday with flat 4.0 tier duo (tank and dps) doing T7 solo dungeon on black zones. It was such a walk in the park that i felt just numb. We were pulling all kinda combos to see how far we can go, but nothing was dangerous. Fact is we can just do T7 blue dungeon on 4.0 gear as 2 man and that fame is just insanely high.Not only are the monsters way too easy to solo or duo all around the world, having no mob execution just makes it easier cause you can't even lose anything in case you make a mistake. I can just pull insane mobs of slow moving elite creatures and kite them till the end.
    Though I would say that the pve is not balanced yet I have to ask, what T7 were you doing? I was there in t4 flat cloth and the mobs would hit me for ~330-350 damage per auto attack. It was not impossible, but it was not something where we could just sprint into pulls and grab whatever agro'd.
    With what group and what weapon were you in there? And how can you get hit at all if you are ranged? Just don't pull shit like archers if you are solo. But as duo you can pull those as well since tank takes care of that problem.

• Endymion wrote:

VlosMlandust wrote:

lol i`ts op u should fix it somehow, make mobs more strong or there should be any restriction that will make impossible to farm hight tier mobs wearing t3 or even t4...
    tinyurl.com/jgez5jk
    Prevents the kiting problem at least...
    Doesn't change the underlying problem tho, which is the fact that mobs dont execute anymore. Anyone doing high content as solo or duo with low gear will mess up time to time and die which slows the progress down by a lot. Still it would be better than roaming low lvl dungeons as it should be, but at least the dif in progress wouldn't be so insane.

• Blackboa wrote:

Gwandir wrote:

seem legit so far except removal of execution in blackzone. And hostile numbers shown in redzones
    Biggest issue is hostile count in red zones by far. Please remove this!
    I think this is a dual-edged sword. While it makes ganking a lot less viable, it also increases the number of people willing to take the risk to enter and stay there.

Personally, I'm much more concerned with the NPC mobs no longer being lethal, that changed the entire outlook of even walking through empty red/black territory.
  • Not long till the next beta starts, woot.

Only 3 days on the test server, only to t4 stuff. I like most of what I am seeing. I am worried the Royal continent will be mostly empty in 6 months, but that happens in most games as the population levels up and heads to more profitable zones to base.

I am blind in my left eye and half blind in my right eye, most of the new UI is in a small font, but it is the washed out grey colour of the text that makes it really hard for me to see. Your not printing the text, how about using Bold to make it thicker and darker for us old peeps.

I hate the watering system, it seems pointless and I am sure the fame cost is badly thought out at this point. I used all my focus in watering 2 farms (18 plots) and I only get 300 more per day, which allows me to water 3 plots. Therefore I am going to have to buy seeds lots, until my mastery dings 100 times. And then its what, back to normal and I can sell some extra seeds? Doesn't seem worth the programming and its going to be crazy expensive on buying seeds if you don't have the focus to water your crops early on.
    Is that to encourage wealthy peeps to get their credit cards out early to get ahead of those that wont buy gold?

Same with zero nutrition when you first build a building, it is so annoying to have to feed it before you use it. No big deal at all once the game is zooming along, and you have lots of farm plots, or can go blow your wad at the AH for a bunch of food. But fresh server after wipe is stupidly painful.

Definitely take out item loots in dungeons. Way to easy for groups to just stay in dungeons and get everything they need, which is a drastic course change from the player made economy. Particularly when it takes ten times longer to train up your crafting skills to get to the same point as a dungeon crawler.

Put a short duration item reward on a boss, and in the chests in the open world. Double dmg weapon that evaporates after 4 hours or something like that. A nice reward, that you probably cant use due to wrong skill set, but awesome feeling to get your hands on it and one day when you can use it before it disappears, very useful for 4 hours

I like the game changes overall, but you really could have launched the game a year ago, and just added a new continent with an expansion to do all this new stuff with the new changes. Still you can do that in the future, 1 year from release, a new continent, raising tiers to 9 and 10, round up the ratios and tweak and its an easy expansion and do that every 6-12 months and you got an ongoing game. Lots of short term events and such and 75% of the pop will stay.
  • Less than a day to go!
    Howl is still bugged, when you choose the direction to cone it, you also run in that direction, which upsets your dps and defense. So I don't use it as its annoying in that fashion. If it didn't do this, it would be useful.

When your crafting pickax and stone hammer, the tracker has their names back to front, it shows hammer crafter going up when your doing pick axe and miner crafter going up when your doing stone hammers.

Use BOLD in your text in game, the sandy background washes the black colour to grey in my damaged eyes.
    That would fix the small font issue most peeps have, for reading the quests and building info etc

Royal island is really quite small compared to previous Beta, it feels awesome on the test server, but on release I really don't think it is going to cope with 100,000 population trying to find stuff. The vast bulk of peeps that have left are going to come back at least to sample the first few weeks of the release. If it annoys them to play because they cant find anything, that removes the rush I and most others get from a fresh start.
  • Tinkabrun wrote:

Not long till the next beta starts, woot.

Only 3 days on the test server, only to t4 stuff. I like most of what I am seeing. I am worried the Royal continent will be mostly empty in 6 months, but that happens in most games as the population levels up and heads to more profitable zones to base.
    The royal continent will never be empty. I wouldn't be surprised if its more populated than each of the outland islands