Guild Declare War Feature For No Reputation Loss PVP

• Fully support this still. Devs are on a path of destruction. There are far to many BETTER carebear games that cater to them coming out soon. The devs are moving away from their niche and original core beliefs and it's killing the game. They are trying to merge 2 games together. UO devs made same mistake with trammel yet they were smart enough to notice it and put in a legit fix which was clan wars(same thing being proposed here) allowing pvp guilds to fight eachother anywhere anytime.

BTW they failed again with world design. They have to many territory clusters which do not allow then to shrink the map based on population. Clusters should open and closed bases on population they talked about it long ago and failed to deliver.
    • Worked in UO so i don't see why it wouldn't work here. Chaos vs Order was a blast.. I always liked watching a big guild fight around the city or catching a rival guild member sleeping at the bank. Good recruitment too as well. Now add this and remove alts and fast progression and add vendors to housing for the real UO experience and we have a winner here. I would also say being able to poison trapped boxes but I can only imagine the whining there would be about a naked man chasing behind them screaming "You're about to die" and then looting them. :)
    • Kingsly schrieb:

Worked in UO so i don't see why it wouldn't work here. Chaos vs Order was a blast.. I always liked watching a big guild fight around the city or catching a rival guild member sleeping at the bank. Good recruitment too as well. Now add this and remove alts and fast progression and add vendors to housing for the real UO experience and we have a winner here. I would also say being able to poison trapped boxes but I can only imagine the whining there would be about a naked man chasing behind them screaming "You're about to die" and then looting them. :)
      was so immersive, sitting near the bank, spamming your wares to sell, and all of the sudden a massive battle breaks out in town. you think to yourself oh shit, wtf is going on??? and bodies dropping all around you... you scrabble to bank your goods and to try to snatch some loot and get away before someone called the guards on you for your criminal act... UO greatest game ever made. I hope to one day say that about Albion.
    • Blackboa schrieb:

@Korn @Bercilak

I wrote this thread a little bit ago but was wondering if you would be interested in revisiting it as another way to add some reputation loss mitigation to the red zones for consensual wars among guilds.
      "Concensual" = lol // the devs are so freakin scared to death they gonna lose the carebears, they can't see how the whole freakin economy is gonna die in 3 months with no f*cking item sink for 75% of the carebear population that live in yellow zones and never lose any item... EVER, while constantly farming mats and craft items for.... who??

"Agamemnon standing in front of Troia" : Give us Helen back or there's gonna be WAR! We'll siege your city with 200.000 Greek soldiers!!

"Priam" (king of Troia): Soz, we do not consent!"

Troian war never happened........

Note: There was never a consensual war in the history of man kind. It's by definition incompatible!

---------------------
      Poisonus
    • Bauhaus schrieb:

Blackboa schrieb:

@Korn @Bercilak

I wrote this thread a little bit ago but was wondering if you would be interested in revisiting it as another way to add some reputation loss mitigation to the red zones for consensual wars among guilds.
      "Concensual" = lol // the devs are so freakin scared to death they gonna lose the carebears, they can't see how the whole freakin economy is gonna die in 3 months with no f*cking item sink for 75% of the carebear population that live in yellow zones and never lose any item... EVER, while constantly farming mats and craft items for.... who??
      "Agamemnon standing in front of Troia" : Give us Helen back or there's gonna be WAR! We'll siege your city with 200.000 Greek soldiers!!

"Priam" (king of Troia): Soz, we do not consent!"

Troian war never happened........

Note: There was never a consensual war in the history of man kind. It's by definition incompatible!

---------------------
      Poisonus
      I like your post.

As of right now i don`t believe there is enough decay/item and silver sinks in game to out weigh all the pve`ers.

If someone can gather, refine and produce say, 10 T6 daggers and not die once there is going to be a problem.

I am just using the above as an example but I can make it in and out of red and black zone fairly easy without death. Even if I do take a lose or two. I am always ahead of what I lost.

There needs to be much more decay in game. I could suggest making weapons and armor non-repairable so they have to break after extended use. That would add item lose to the carebears that do not act in pvp.
    • @Korn @Bercilak as traditionally a "Carebear" type of Albion player that enjoys a more "controlled" form of PvP I am 100% behind the idea of a war declaration system. I really like the kind of system that a game such as Eve Online or even Puzzle Pirates for anyone that knows anything about that. I think having war declarations really gives guilds a chance to openly PvP among themselves within the royal lands without completely forcing everyone into the black zones just because of one big fight among consenting players. As long as the war system has a way for the tride and true carebears to opt out of a war declared by an opposing party I think the game really opens up for PvPers and PvP guilds without hurting what some might consider the core player base of crafters and carebears. With a war system I think some of the larger guilds might even break down some from larger sizes as players that don't like being at war a lot might choose to play in different guilds or make their own. Having open wars might even enforce some of the principles of caravan runs and defensive groups to defend gatherers that was pushed for so much during the last few betas.

For me an AO War system would have a way for players in a guild that declares war on a guild to get reduced reputation loses when fighting against that guild in red zones. Guilds that return a war declaration creates full open PvP between the two guilds without reputation losses. To prevent this reduced reputation loss in red zones from being abused I would like to see either a cap to the number of guilds that war can be declared on at a single time or a % modifier for each new guild that you declare war against increasing the rep lost again so after a certain number of wars declared you no longer gain a modifier so the smaller guilds that are insignificant are less of a target by larger guilds while larger guilds can openly war against one another without the reputation losses associated with red zones.
    • Xyrdin schrieb:

For me an AO War system would have a way for players in a guild that declares war on a guild to get reduced reputation loses when fighting against that guild in red zones. Guilds that return a war declaration creates full open PvP between the two guilds without reputation losses.
      Nah. Declaring shouldnt do a damn thing. Only once war is accepted should anything change. Otherwise it's a tool for griefing.

ODB schrieb:

This was the most awesome feature in some previous MMO's, like Guild Wars 2.
      GW2 still doesnt have guild wars. Do you mean GW1?