Guild Declare War Feature For No Reputation Loss PVP

• Guild Declare War Feature For No Reputation Loss PVP

Neu

Dear Albion Community,

After having a nice conversation with PVP veterans, we have come up with an idea that I believe PVP guilds would be willing to support.

Guilds should be able to "Declare War" on each other so that if both guilds agree to the war, they will be able to kill members of opposing guilds ANYWHERE in the world and not suffer any reputation loss as a result.

This I believe would be a nice balance for the PVP community who feels like the reputation system is too punitive for their play-style and if both guilds agree, why not let them PVP without consequence on a massive scale?

Looking forward to your thoughts and opinions on this potential modification to the PVP / Reputation system in the game.
      Kind Regards,

Blackboa / MannyMoments

Follow my Stream on Twitch---> http://twitch.tv/blackboagaming

Streaming Albion Online Everyday!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Blackboa ()

• Neu

Since the devs love this reference so much.

Eve-online had a similar system to this with "War Decking" pay X amount for a month to be able to fight some guild with no downside. The more guilds you war deck the more the cost goes up. So merc guilds could be hired to give other guilds hell.

Black Desert Online has a system as well that is pretty much a open and close wars on guilds nonstop (bit too quick to open and close) but it works for that game would need tweaks for Albion.

New royal lands is very small with really only 4 good places for fame farm so will be a ton of fun for fights. Many guild members could get locked out very quickly and have to push to black zone. Not honestly an issue unless your guild is more a red zone guild.

Unsure if this system will work since in eve the system was setup to be able to target the guilds in High-Sec where as this system is more so that you can target people in Low-Sec. Easier fix would be to not limit players from entering red cities with bad reputation. Though they want people in 0.0 or Outlands.

The trend I saw this last beta was most people stayed in the red zones and just didn't bother with being able to get back in the city when they went nuts killing people.
      HCN wrote:
      Hello,
      While I do agree with you (I miss the good old days of UO when we didn't have to deal with the instant-gratification-cry-baby generation)
    • Neu

FashoBro schrieb:

It's called the black zone. Nice try though
      i would counter this with current version of the game.

I saw tons more pvp taking place in red than i saw in black zones. Sadly black zones consisted of people running away 99% of the time and red zones were where people actually fought.
      HCN wrote:
      Hello,
      While I do agree with you (I miss the good old days of UO when we didn't have to deal with the instant-gratification-cry-baby generation)
    • Neu

You still get rep loss in redzone when killing an unflagged player. How is this a counter? This topic is more about rep system rather than pvp. The pvp seems to be a bonus here, or am I wrong? Red zones are lit for smaller scale fights. When people couldn't assemble a party they'd often go solo roam the red zone. My only concern here is what happens to the black zone? Guilds who were constantly looking for pvp in the red eventually got locked out of their towns and had to move to black. If we have guilds who have a pvp system where they are not punished then the black zone won't see any newcomers. Maybe, with the new map that won't be a problem at all; however, It's still nice seeing new bangers come out to play.
    • Neu

Gank schrieb:

Any guild war system added to the game should never require the consent of both parties.

I can't comment on the idea as a whole because there isn't really much there. Don't remove unique aspects of the black zone right now, it has almost nothing going for it.
      Consent is the only way a system like this will work. Also, what I believe this does is expand what the "Black Zone" becomes for guilds who love PVP. The rest of the population will still be protected by the reputation system but this is a way for PVP guilds to "Opt Out" of losing rep when they consent to be at war with each other.

Just trying to make the black zone bigger for guilds who enjoy PVP. If they want to PVP they should not be penalized for it and should be able to do it everywhere.
      Kind Regards,

Blackboa / MannyMoments

• Neu

FashoBro schrieb:

You still get rep loss in redzone when killing an unflagged player. How is this a counter? This topic is more about rep system rather than pvp. The pvp seems to be a bonus here, or am I wrong? Red zones are lit for smaller scale fights. When people couldn't assemble a party they'd often go solo roam the red zone. My only concern here is what happens to the black zone? Guilds who were constantly looking for pvp in the red eventually got locked out of their towns and had to move to black. If we have guilds who have a pvp system where they are not punished then the black zone won't see any newcomers. Maybe, with the new map that won't be a problem at all; however, It's still nice seeing new bangers come out to play.
      @FashoBro this is only for PVP guilds bro. PVP guilds will want to expand what is known as their "Black Zone". This would only increase PVP everywhere, not take away PVP from Black Zones

And lets be honest. The only guilds that will be in the Black Zones in the first 2 weeks to a month of a beta/release will be the Zerg Experienced Guilds. So this isn't really impacting anyone moving to the Black Zones because no one in their right mind would go into those areas just to get slaughtered right off the bat.

It would essentially give guilds more experience in PVP as well so that if they do enter a couple of wars with other guilds, they will at least be ready to move on to the black zones because of the PVP experience they would gain via Waring for no REP loss.
      Kind Regards,

Blackboa / MannyMoments

• Neu

Why would a guild ever consent to a war with EoS, or Red Army, or Nilfgaard? The War dec system in BDO does it well enough: Declaration is announced and the defending guild can accept to begin the war right away. If they decline, the war starts within 30 minutes. the war counts kills/score and is ongoing until one guild surrenders or the attacking guild repeals the war dec.
    • Neu

Gank schrieb:

Why would a guild ever consent to a war with EoS, or Red Army, or Nilfgaard? The War dec system in BDO does it well enough: Declaration is announced and the defending guild can accept to begin the war right away. If they decline, the war starts within 30 minutes. the war counts kills/score and is ongoing until one guild surrenders or the attacking guild repeals the war dec.
      I am sure all the black zone guilds would consent wars against eachother. A smaller guild will likely not consent to a zerg guild war of course, but why not EOS, Red Army, Nilfgaard consent wars on eachother and enjoy the pvp everywhere?

If it is a one sided consent, then you would destine the system to fail due to larger guilds grieving smaller guilds who would not have the resources to stand a chance against a zerg guild.

Also, BDO is not full loot pvp. So they can do that in their system and there is no consequence to dieing. In Albion, we know you lose everything, so that is another reason Consent is required when the fighting is done.
      Kind Regards,

Blackboa / MannyMoments

• Neu

Gank schrieb:

Well, wouldn't that be pointless if people instantly surrendered. Maybe, if added x amount of time the war has last before surrender. Ex 15 mins before you can /FF in league.

Now @Blackboa I see you want pvp everywhere, but the devs literally made the map trying to centralize pvp. I just don't see why you're trying to avoid black zones. You can teach your guild how to fight without reworking the rep system.
    • Neu

FashoBro schrieb:

Gank schrieb:

Well, wouldn't that be pointless if people instantly surrendered. Maybe, if added x amount of time the war has last before surrender. Ex 15 mins before you can /FF in league.
      Now @Blackboa I see you want pvp everywhere, but the devs literally made the map trying to centralize pvp. I just don't see why you're trying to avoid black zones. You can teach your guild how to fight without reworking the rep system.
      @FashoBro the difference in our perspectives here is that you are only thinking of your black zone gameplay while I am thinking about gameplay for everyone as a whole. My guild will be going to the black zones just not off the bat. Just because I am sharing an idea that I believe will benefit everyone doesn't mean my guild won't be going to the black zone eventually.
      Kind Regards,

Blackboa / MannyMoments

• Neu

I think war/dominion mechanics like the ones in BDO and ArcheAge are awesome and add a lot of fun to the game, but to piggy back on what @Gank said, war declarations shouldn't be mutual agreements. They should be declared by the attacking guild and that's that. Additionally, I'm okay with no reputation loss being one of the incentives for war but it shouldn't be the only/primary one because to be honest, they seem pointless af if that's the only reason to go to war. Black zone war declarations wouldn't exist and that seems crazy since black zones are meant to be the primary PvP zones.
    • Neu

I don't want to War dec Nilfgaard or Red Army, I find them everyday in Black zones after wipe. I want to wardec YOU, because I know your guild isn't ready and is hugging red and yellow zones while progressing along the same path I am. You said yourself you want to come to black eventually? Well I want to take your stuff right now in red and yellow, so I don't think you should be able to deny my wardec.

Also, when a war is declared you should be able to execute your enemies in Yellow zones.
    • Neu

TimTheEnchant3r schrieb:

I think war/dominion mechanics like the ones in BDO and ArcheAge are awesome and add a lot of fun to the game, but to piggy back on what @Gank said, war declarations shouldn't be mutual agreements. They should be declared by the attacking guild and that's that. Additionally, I'm okay with no reputation loss being one of the incentives for war but it shouldn't be the only/primary one because to be honest, they seem pointless af if that's the only reason to go to war. Black zone war declarations wouldn't exist and that seems crazy since black zones are meant to be the primary PvP zones.
      These are the incentives for the War Declarations:

1. No reputation loss anywhere in the world
      2. Gaining experience in PVP for those guilds who are less experienced
      3. Fun
      4. Adding an element of Role Play / Strategy in Guild Management
      Here are the reasons for NOT having it be 1 sided consensual wars:

1. Zerg guilds would have no reason to be in the black zones where they belong
      2. Zerg guilds griefing smaller guilds who have no chance to defend themselves
      3. Carebear guilds who do not want pvp would lose their option to choose what type of gameplay they want if large guilds can declare war at will

Bottom Line

What this mechanic in my opinion does is give choice to guild who want more PVP everywhere in the world.

It gives choice to smaller guilds who don't have a good way to gain experience in PVP BEFORE they decide to venture out into the black zone.

It gives choice to larger guilds to expand the black zone and fight their enemies anywhere they find them.

It does not take away from the Black Zones because the only guilds who will be competing in the black zones for the first month of a test will be the Zerg Experienced Guilds

Give the PVP community and the new players an option to war with other guilds to gain the experience needed to graduate to the black zone and give us the choice of when we lose reputation.

Those who want to be protected by the reputation system will have it there for them, but for those guilds who want PVP without rep loss, then give them this option to declare war on enemy guilds in a consensual manner until they are confident enough to move into the Black Zones where the majority of PVP will still be occurring.
      Kind Regards,

Blackboa / MannyMoments