Galahad Pre-Testing started

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Galahad Pre-Testing started

Y'ello everyone!

In preparation for the release of our content update Galahad, which will include a full server wipe, we are calling on our Legendary Founders to help us thoroughly test the update.

We have just launched that test on our test server "Mordred (Staging)". Everybody who had a Legendary Founder Pack active on their account on Monday, February 20 on 23:59 UTC will be able to log in.

This is a work in progress test build of Galahad. That means there will be bugs, glitches, missing translations and balancing that is off. In particular, economic values, fame values and destiny board balancing is not done yet and subject to change.

You are encouraged to report every bug you find via the #bug command ingame. For general feedback and more extensive bug reports, we will establish a dedicated forum post. There, we will also keep a list of known issues.
    As this is a test build that does not reflect the final quality, please understand that streaming, recording or publicly posting screenshots of the test version is not allowed.

To see the list of known issues and to report bugs, please go to this thread. To post general feedback on your testing experience, please post in this thread. Please make sure to read the threads first! Thanks!

-Talion
    Losing my insanity would mean I'm losing everything: the dreams where I can fly.
  • Still seems long. Glad to have an idea, but that's a long time to test, just to get wiped again.. -_-

<3 thanks for updating us.
    www.UnitedWorldGamers.org
    https://www.twitch.tv/donaramu Want gold?
    https://www.youtube.com/UwGDonaramu
    UwG is Recruiting Mature & Friendly Gamers!
  • Kainoren wrote:

You done fucked up now people ! We should have gotten a heads up for the pre-testing so atleast we could have a day to upgrade to legendary...
    Imagine the cash flow you could have had !..pfff
    And then players would complain that the only reason they have pre-test is to cash in on founder-pack upgrades.

Better this way imho.
  • NicZa wrote:

Kainoren wrote:

You done fucked up now people ! We should have gotten a heads up for the pre-testing so atleast we could have a day to upgrade to legendary...
    Imagine the cash flow you could have had !..pfff
    And then players would complain that the only reason they have pre-test is to cash in on founder-pack upgrades.
    Better this way imho.
    even if ppl said that they are cashing in pac upgrades, even if the actual reason behind the pre-test was pack upgrades, i would not mind..what i mind is not given the heads up...during a dead beta there is no reason to spend 50$ to upgrade,no reason at all, but to have "head start" or more of a first look at an upcomming update is reason enough imo to spend that extra bucks ( since i was gonna to it anyways at some point in the months to come)..now i will most probably do it right before the actual release so i get in on the first day..or i might not even !!!
  • I upgraded to Legendary 1 day before the announcement, and I can't participate! I have no idea why they would not let every Legendary pack play, this makes absolutely no business sense.

If they were trying to punish those who only bought after the announcement, well, I bought a day BEFORE so why am I punished?

If they were trying to make money, make this available to anyone who WILL buy the legendary pack.

But as it stands, I feel like they unnecessarily alienated a firm supporter of their product, FOR NO REASON. I'm scratching my head at their motives here......
  • Ghonja wrote:

ANOTHER BETA ANOTHER WARBOW CHARACTER : )
    You don't test new stuff?

Only reason I played is to test a shit ton of stuff.

You must love that bow! Warbow won't be my main, but it is on my list.
    www.UnitedWorldGamers.org
    https://www.twitch.tv/donaramu Want gold?
    https://www.youtube.com/UwGDonaramu
    UwG is Recruiting Mature & Friendly Gamers!
  • Fitzwilloughby wrote:

I upgraded to Legendary 1 day before the announcement, and I can't participate! I have no idea why they would not let every Legendary pack play, this makes absolutely no business sense.

If they were trying to punish those who only bought after the announcement, well, I bought a day BEFORE so why am I punished?

If they were trying to make money, make this available to anyone who WILL buy the legendary pack.

But as it stands, I feel like they unnecessarily alienated a firm supporter of their product, FOR NO REASON. I'm scratching my head at their motives here......
    You aren't being "punished" on purpose. They clearly stated that the login database was copied over on February 20th so if you had Legendary when it was copied, you could log in. You snooze you lose!
  • They never put this as a benefit of legendary; All of them have final beta access. I could understand if they told us in the legendary pack but they didn't there is nothing about Pre-Testing.
    • Immediate Final Beta Access
    • 90 Days Premium Status
    • Explorer's Horse
    • Explorer's Oxe
    • Legendary Avatar & Ring
    • Founder’s Certificate
    • Explorer's Statue

• Legendary Access on Release
    • 12,000 Gold (~$50)
    • Legendary Explorer's Equipment
    • Gold Founder Nametag
    • Explorer’s House
    • Explorer's Looking Glass
  • CharlieTango wrote:

Fitzwilloughby wrote:

I upgraded to Legendary 1 day before the announcement, and I can't participate! I have no idea why they would not let every Legendary pack play, this makes absolutely no business sense.

You aren't being "punished" on purpose. They clearly stated that the login database was copied over on February 20th so if you had Legendary when it was copied, you could log in. You snooze you lose!
    Nice try. I have worked extensively in databases, and do you know how fast it is to copy/update a database of a couple thousand Legendary pack holders? Literally seconds. So hiding behind that excuse is bogus. This question goes to the heart of serving their customers.

If they were going to do it on a certain day, why not tell the public so those who were going to upgrade anyway (like me) could get in before the deadline?

Why not continue to update the legendary player database?

Why not make some more money by making it an option to join now, if you upgrade to Legendary?

Any one of these options would solve a lot of unnecessary grief and make a lot of customers both happier and willing to spend more money on this game!

I'm trying hard to see the downside of allowing ALL legendary pack owners into pretesting?
  • Wadefu wrote:

You think maybe they only wanted a small amount of participants to test the pve side of this update? And if they invited everyone or had a lot more people it may ruin what they wanted to accomplish in the update?
    Are they expecting a small amount of participants after the release too? They would had a good amount of time testing out PVE I don't see any reason why players would go to red/black zones everyone would be grinding until they got the tools to get the resources for that zone. It would take some time because there wouldn't be high level crafters to provide them with the tools that early.