Feedback from a guild leader

• Feedback from a guild leader

As of now, I feel like I'm done until next test. It was a fun ride, but as of now I feel like I've burned myself off (especially considering I've played the alpha like it was my job since Monday). Before I go I figure I'll leave some feedback I've noticed as one of the leaders of Facepunch.

Yellow zones still have the criminal debuff, while this is nice, this is only nice for the guy who doesn't have it. When a red dot pops up onto the map our entire guild would go to check it out and kill the guy if he wasn't one of ours. Also 30% for the first guy is a bit much, being in tier 4 gear and still going below the health of a guy naked is annoying.

Gear is still too progression based. The guys in better gear win, period. Unless you bring more people to offset the difference in gear the guy in the better gear is going to win. This creates a massive disparity where guilds like Vendetta could PVP roam with immunity pretty much. 20% above the last tier is just far to much. 5% would be preferable. Its a noticeable difference as say you outtier an enemy by 2, but in a 5v5 its a difference that skill will make up for.

Sieges are still tedious. Just explain to me again exactly how you will expect when people are all in t8 to siege without losing? Defender bonus is a setup for disaster late game between competent guilds. Its essentially going to be give up sets of gear until you get the defender bonus low enough that you'll win the fight. On top of that it takes far to long to siege someone. If the person cares about the territory? You're looking at a timer of a week at best before being able to conquer a territory. You're better of negotiating. The other issue is the 5v5, I would much rather that the devs just buff the defenders for missing members. The attackers bring 20 guys and the defenders have 10? Buff the defenders by a hundred percent to make up for it. Allow the defenders to build fortifications to make a siege harder on the attackers.

Identifying higher tier cotton requires a clairvoyant.

More options for guild plots. Currently it consists of buildings that are function. Let us build walls or towers, I mean don't make it a castle, we have capturable castles for that. Maybe we should get plots on the beach so we can build wharfs for shipping to cities.

The map is to small. I feel cramped as hell. Unfortunate but true. We're like 30 nations on this island the size of Hawaii. Give us some breathing room, put more zones without guild plots and full of resources so we have a place to beat the ever loving shit out of each other. Let us have positions of important, like controlling a mountain pass between two major cities. I'd say quadruple the amount of territory, but leave 5/8ths of that without guild territories.

Make player cities built by the guild who owns them. A player city should be a big investment. Players should come because a guild has built the city up with conveniences like a stable or dock. On top of that safezones should only be around cities. The bigger a city the bigger that safe zone is. Maybe a built up established city with guards should have a larger safe zone. Heres an idea, maybe the guards will respond to unauthorized PVP attempts in cities. A well funded city guard would respond quicker than a guild only paying for a single fat rent-a-guard. Give people a reason to pay high taxes to a guild for a plot in the safe zones in general.

Make the map more interesting. For now we're on an island but wheres the weather? There should be snow, there should be mountains, it should raid once in a while. Maybe Vendetta wants to setup their next home guild plot in the middle of a volcano caldera. We need that variety.

We also need quality of life things. Allowing members of certain ranks to pull stuff out of chests and others not rather than doing it by person.

Heres an idea, instead of by guild plot let us control by cluster. Like say we capture the cluster and we have one huge plot rather than multiple smaller ones. Maybe some plots will allow the players to build a castle on it, where we design the fortifications and towers. Let us decide where the sally forth ports are and such.

I'll likely add more as I have more time to think. I think quality of life is the biggest issue though. Along with sandbox elements. Feels like we craft to build up for PVP rather than craft to build a city or a nation,
  • darkrei9n wrote:

As of now, I feel like I'm done until next test. It was a fun ride, but as of now I feel like I've burned myself off (especially considering I've played the alpha like it was my job since Monday). Before I go I figure I'll leave some feedback I've noticed as one of the leaders of Facepunch.

Yellow zones still have the criminal debuff, while this is nice, this is only nice for the guy who doesn't have it. When a red dot pops up onto the map our entire guild would go to check it out and kill the guy if he wasn't one of ours. Also 30% for the first guy is a bit much, being in tier 4 gear and still going below the health of a guy naked is annoying.

Gear is still too progression based. The guys in better gear win, period. Unless you bring more people to offset the difference in gear the guy in the better gear is going to win. This creates a massive disparity where guilds like Vendetta could PVP roam with immunity pretty much. 20% above the last tier is just far to much. 5% would be preferable. Its a noticeable difference as say you outtier an enemy by 2, but in a 5v5 its a difference that skill will make up for.

Sieges are still tedious. Just explain to me again exactly how you will expect when people are all in t8 to siege without losing? Defender bonus is a setup for disaster late game between competent guilds. Its essentially going to be give up sets of gear until you get the defender bonus low enough that you'll win the fight. On top of that it takes far to long to siege someone. If the person cares about the territory? You're looking at a timer of a week at best before being able to conquer a territory. You're better of negotiating. The other issue is the 5v5, I would much rather that the devs just buff the defenders for missing members. The attackers bring 20 guys and the defenders have 10? Buff the defenders by a hundred percent to make up for it. Allow the defenders to build fortifications to make a siege harder on the attackers.

Identifying higher tier cotton requires a clairvoyant.

More options for guild plots. Currently it consists of buildings that are function. Let us build walls or towers, I mean don't make it a castle, we have capturable castles for that. Maybe we should get plots on the beach so we can build wharfs for shipping to cities.

The map is to small. I feel cramped as hell. Unfortunate but true. We're like 30 nations on this island the size of Hawaii. Give us some breathing room, put more zones without guild plots and full of resources so we have a place to beat the ever loving shit out of each other. Let us have positions of important, like controlling a mountain pass between two major cities. I'd say quadruple the amount of territory, but leave 5/8ths of that without guild territories.

Make player cities built by the guild who owns them. A player city should be a big investment. Players should come because a guild has built the city up with conveniences like a stable or dock. On top of that safezones should only be around cities. The bigger a city the bigger that safe zone is. Maybe a built up established city with guards should have a larger safe zone. Heres an idea, maybe the guards will respond to unauthorized PVP attempts in cities. A well funded city guard would respond quicker than a guild only paying for a single fat rent-a-guard. Give people a reason to pay high taxes to a guild for a plot in the safe zones in general.

Make the map more interesting. For now we're on an island but wheres the weather? There should be snow, there should be mountains, it should raid once in a while. Maybe Vendetta wants to setup their next home guild plot in the middle of a volcano caldera. We need that variety.

We also need quality of life things. Allowing members of certain ranks to pull stuff out of chests and others not rather than doing it by person.

Heres an idea, instead of by guild plot let us control by cluster. Like say we capture the cluster and we have one huge plot rather than multiple smaller ones. Maybe some plots will allow the players to build a castle on it, where we design the fortifications and towers. Let us decide where the sally forth ports are and such.

I'll likely add more as I have more time to think. I think quality of life is the biggest issue though. Along with sandbox elements. Feels like we craft to build up for PVP rather than craft to build a city or a nation,

this is the number one feedback post ive read on these forums since i started playing and this guy can not be any more to the point.. what he is asking for is exactly what you should provide.. please read my posts not as detailed but in the same frame of mind for sure.. i want to +1 this post 1000 times to draw attention to it from the devs.. every one should +1 this.