UP Arcane Staff

• UP Arcane Staff

In most RPG arcane staff tends to be the highest single target damage caster ive ntoiced its almost impossible to defeat even lower level geared people in duels it would be nice to see a few new spells for the single handed and double handed arcane staff if you we could make a stacking system for the double handed kind of like the sword has and maybe a new passive on the single handed to have maybe a every 3/4th spell would make the next single target dmg spell instant or even stack to at 4 hits release a volley of blows that would really amp the staff up a bit and make it competitive.
    • The right topic name should be "UP Arcane Staff DPS", because it powerful support weapon, very popular in GvG and ZvZ, even after get nerfed few times in a row. =)))
      Joining suggestion.
      It need to have at least Agressive Caster Passive, to be at same DPS with Holy, when you are going to level up it alone.
      But better to add for Holy, Nature and Arcane one more semi-damage semi-offensive Q spell for solo play.
      Like for example Nature single target life drain, Arcane self-only AOE reflective explosion shield and healing+damage AOE for Holy.
    • More specifically only 2/3 out of the entire line are worth using. The rest arent usefull for most scenarios, or considerably worth less then other options. I would even argue that only 1 was really worth using, wich thanks too the community will be nerfed into oblivion.

Especially Enigmatic Staff and Greater Arcane Staff, are nice on paper, yet extremly low value, Witchwork is usefull for pve, hellgate staff (insert name) is not needed for the large scale pvp, as those fights revolve around a strong pull combo and there are better cc staffs out there that slow ur opponents down far more. It all boils down too 1h arcane tank. One build that is a good allrounder, well till the nerf that is.

Arcane OP? Atleast one of them had his fair share in the pvp meta. ^^
    • Substanz_D schrieb:

More specifically only 2/3 out of the entire line are worth using. The rest arent usefull for most scenarios, or considerably worth less then other options. I would even argue that only 1 was really worth using, wich thanks too the community will be nerfed into oblivion.

Especially Enigmatic Staff and Greater Arcane Staff, are nice on paper, yet extremly low value, Witchwork is usefull for pve, hellgate staff (insert name) is not needed for the large scale pvp, as those fights revolve around a strong pull combo and there are better cc staffs out there that slow ur opponents down far more. It all boils down too 1h arcane tank. One build that is a good allrounder, well till the nerf that is.

Arcane OP? Atleast one of them had his fair share in the pvp meta. ^^

Just how the devs handle balancing. Instead of buffing underpowered items and just slightly adjusting numbers on op stuff, they tend to completely break meta items with patches. It's the lazy way of doing things because you're sacrificing fun for balance.
    • Being an arcane player myself I don't see a problem with it. I'm not sure what your build looks like or if you're talking about duels alone but the Witchwork staff along with a shield, an assassin vest, a mage cowl and some good cloth sandals is a pretty great build in the open. For sure if you're playing the dull plate with arcane then you're not going to kill anyone...
      /Arghun [Maraudeurs]

Nous recrutons à nouveau.
      maraudeurs.info

• Well the nerf will come based around gvg and the current meta. Interestingly no one complains about carrion caller. Just as an example.

Last beta it was the quarterstaff tank meta that "needed" a nerf and now not a single one is used. Well till the arcane staff nerf. It will be a pleasure too see a nerf demand for the quarterstaff when this happens again.

Back ontopic, if they would atleast adress the issues that this class has when solo played (slowest fame farming ingame), or generally buff the great arcane and enigmatic too a reasomable state (make the enigmatic e too a cast with a very strong shield that grants cc immunity or something).

Lucky the witchwork won't get nerfed immideatly, yet I have a feeling that pulls in general are regarded too strong and wont ignore cc-resistance soon. This is a bu.. U know what I mean ^^

At the end it is just complaining on a high lvl I guess and I am more then happy that arcane was considered competitiv for a beta.
    • Technically right and technically wrong at the same time, it would be the best and worst support weapons since its the only support weapon. This is kinda true, there is a nature staff with resistance increase spells (support) and a q-slot heal ( usually I dont count heal as support), or the curse line wich offers a armor break and some aoe healing/damage mitigation (support). It cant be considered the only support, yet out of them all is definetly the most reliant on teamwork.