I'm a Royal Founder Pack - I think this games going to have a very low population upon release.

• gmatagmis wrote:

Itsbeans wrote:

Hronick wrote:

Korn please release eu server a lot people want to play the game but they don't because the high ping
    I'm playing from Japan and my ping is perfect. So your internet must just suck...~~Beans
    What ping do you have from Japan?
    I normally sit around 70ms which is not bad at all. In certain times I've spiked to 110. Which still is not bad at all.
  • Itsbeans wrote:

I normally sit around 70ms which is not bad at all. In certain times I've spiked to 110. Which still is not bad at all.
    Nice. But it's not about connection or internet provider.
    It's about speed of light and location.
    AO game server is located at USA east cost.
    You have cable across the Pacific Ocean to there.
    European players trough Atlantic Ocean.
    And due cable and routes distance, It's impossible to have ping below 100 from France, and below 120 from Eastern Europe or Western Russia. =)
    WTB skill
  • Korn wrote:

The population on release is going to be crazy. We can estimate this quite well based on our numbers and previous tests. It is actually something that we need to be prepared for so everything runs smoothly.

The more important question is how the population will develop post release. Our main goal is that Albion Online remains successful in the long term. This is why the game's release happens later than originally expected, to make sure that we can make the required improvements prior to release.

The upcoming update, Galahad, will give rise to the best version of the game by far, with massive improvements across the board.

Prior to Galahad, we will announce Albion's official release date. This will be a set date, and not, as previously, just an update on our development plans.

:thumbup:
  • @vashangelarm ,

Not to go full gammer/logic nazi, but ...

"the best version of the game" is subjective of course, but the scope is in the game's entirety. An aspect is a sub-component, not the entirety of the whole. The impact of the whole is what is being subjectively judged as "the best". If you start judging the members of the whole, you will lose sight of the whole; the sum of its parts is greater than the parts itself.

@Midgard ,

The word best is subjective, by the nature of the word. I am sure Korn is sure of his words. Rather than questioning Korn's perspective perhaps a better question (I know also subjective) might be: Will the players agree with your assessment?
  • gmatagmis wrote:

Itsbeans wrote:

Nice. But it's not about connection or internet provider.It's about speed of light and location.
    AO game server is located at USA east cost.
    And due cable and routes distance, It's impossible to have ping below 100 from France, and below 120 from Eastern Europe or Western Russia. =)

lol, you guys complaining about internet speed and ping...japan has probably the fastest internet in the world...the servers could be on Mars and you guys would have a nice ping!

100 and 120 ping would be a dream for south americans!

brazilians have something between 140 and 200+ depending on where you are and your internet speed! and they play it without complaining all the time!

I guess anything below 150 ping is all right
  • I played most games in alpha,beta stage. Purchased tons of games in beta stage.

One thing i can say is that this company is really doing a nice job listening to the community and making fast fix.

As for the delaying the release, i run online business myself and i can tell you that, if they postpone the release, it's for a good reason. I rather wait for a polished and finished product than play a broken like most game that come out because companies feel pressure and release their game faster than expected.

As for how many players will be there on launch. Trust me, there will be more than enough. Don't play a game for the amount of players active. Play a game because you love the game.
  • I dont know where you're getting your percentages and statistics from. probably from your ass?
    Game hasnt released yet, all it needs its some marketing. How can you predict how many people will play this game? considering its in testing. thats retarded.

The so called people who you said has left, will come back, this is a trend in mmo for years, they bitch and whine, and when the game finally releases they come crawling back. true story.
  • Diablera wrote:

gmatagmis wrote:

Itsbeans wrote:

Nice. But it's not about connection or internet provider.It's about speed of light and location.AO game server is located at USA east cost.
    lol, you guys complaining about internet speed and ping...japan has probably the fastest internet in the world...the servers could be on Mars and you guys would have a nice ping!

100 and 120 ping would be a dream for south americans!

brazilians have something between 140 and 200+ depending on where you are and your internet speed! and they play it without complaining all the time!

I guess anything below 150 ping is all right

Playing from UK, average ping 90. And UK has, probably, worst internet in Europe.
  • gmatagmis wrote:

Owsmyr wrote:

@Korn

I really wish this game to be a long term success, but right now it can get boring really quick. We need more meanningfull/remarkable things to do so ppl dont get bored after reaching T7 and quit.
    Maybe improve even more the item power of higher tiers, I mean, a T8 should be able to solo 3 T5s without much trouble... Otherwise ita not really worth the grind
    Players quit not because T8 can't solo 3xT5.Game is missing the defined from the beginning "Final goal", "End of the journey", "Game over".
    Objective reason motivating to keep playing, until you will be there.
    Like T3 in classic WoW., before expansions start to making everyone equal again and again, f*ing up all effort players put before.
    The end of fairy tale, where prince, after endless obstacles and adventures saves the princes, and they live long and happy.
    The end of the full loot MMO, where player, who pass impossible tasks, and put unlimited effort, wear unlootable and unbreakable T9.x gear, and stunning noobs by one look, and noobs writing legends, about how impossible-powerful-legendary-and-cool-he-is, every day and night dreaming to achieve same results.
    Sandbox games don't have a Final Goal, an End, or a Game Over. You play until you are done yourself. You have to set your own goals and try to meet them. When you do, you make new ones. That is what this game is. I don't want to be told I have to do X, Y, and Z.
  • if you want this game to be played by the "general public" for a "long time" (as the devs have said) then you'd better do something about the extremely-heavy reliance on guilds for crafters. PVP'ers will always navigate towards guild play, but crafters are required to either get in a guild or be consigned to gathering/crafting T5-T6 resources and items. Crafters use their LP towards crafting/gathering, not towards gearing up to fight....so when we get jumped in a red or black zone our only viable option is to run. This game awards armor and weapons with skills that allow a pvp-er to chase down a player running away. This is unbalanced....in nature the "prey" have special abilities to outwit the "predator", i.e. a predator might have a high-burst sprint but the prey has a higher speed sustainable over longer periods. In albion, the predators have all the abilities of the prey plus they can fight. Its like playing a game of cat and mouse when the cat has all the abilities of the cat AND the mouse.

I personally relish the idea of daring into a red zone knowing i might be ganked....the element of danger is enticing and makes the game more fun. But that is all negated by the fact that gatherers have no special or unique skills to give them a chance at evading open world pvp'ers. Its bad enough that the ONE thing that gatherers do really well (gather, duh) is SEVERELY limited in red/black zones, i.e. you cant afford to take an ox so you have to take a horse and make sure you stay under 100% encumbrance if you want even a tiny chance in hell of evading an attack. So we end up traveling far to get to a black zone, we cut a few trees or mine a few rocks, even less so if they are enchanted, before our bags are full and we have to return. We are actually PENALIZED at what we do best, but what do the open-world pvp players sacrifice? Nothing. Are any of their attributes penalized? Nope.

crafters, gatherers are simply minnows for the pvp sharks to feast upon. Until this is changed and gatherers have a REAL chance at evasion, no casual or "general public" crafters will have access to high level resourses. But the guilds will have their several members who are crafters, the guilds will have their occupied black zones. And now with "essences" needed in order to refine enchanted materials, only the guilds will have essences in numbers necessary to refine and craft in large amounts, because essences are ONLY found fighting mobs. Crafters CANNOT find essences while gathering. All this does is reinforce the dependancy on guilds. As a solo gatherer, I can easily come back from an hour or two in a t5 zone with 150-200 each of "green" enchanted ore, logs, fiber, etc. and at least 100-150 "blue" enchanted materials of the same. Now, requiring 2 essences to refine 1 resource, that would require between 800-1500 essences. So as a gatherer, I now have to grind in a dungeon to acquire essences. After two hours in a t4-t5 solo dungeon I might have 100-200 essences.

Does nobody else see a problem in this? I am a gatherer at heart, I play this game for crafting element, I dont care for the fighting aspects, BUT I AM FORCED TO FOCUS ON FIGHTING mobs for 5-6 hours to get enough resources for he 1-2 hours I spend gathering. In other words, i play this game becuase i like crafting and i am forced to fight for 5 hours for every 1 hour i gather. Again, if I was in a guild then my guild mates would simply give me their essences and i could focus on crafting, hence this game is FIRST AND FOREMOST a game for guild players, and NOT a game for the general public. Only if you like guilds or manage to get in one, THEN, if you also happen to like crafting, you can enjoy the full crafting aspects of this game.

Its just sad, because the general public will not play this game "long term", they will get frustrated and leave after 3-6 months I predict.

Why cant crafters have their own armor specializing in evasion and defense, to at least give them a fighting chance in open world pvp?

The post was edited 3 times, last by Grillgamesh ().