I'm a Royal Founder Pack - I think this games going to have a very low population upon release.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

  • I'm a Royal Founder Pack - I think this games going to have a very low population upon release.

    Everyone has tried Albion by now, atleast most of the people who were going to play it.
    Most of those people have quit already and to be frank, I don't think 65% of those people are going to come back.

    I think this games going to be dead upon arrival,
    I know with SoTA I was allowed to sell my package I purchase (Account)
    Am I allowed to sell my account before the game starts? I have lost interest and they keep pushing the release date and the game sucks.
  • I played for a few days. The only reason why I stopped playing was because I know the characters are going to be wiped (didn't want to invest time into something that will be gone)

    I also didn't want to invest to much time into it because I didn't want to burn myself out on the game before it even releases.

    Havn't touched it since august but I'll be playing it every chance I get when it releases.
  • vashangelarm wrote:

    these people have never seen what the game is actually like when towns have 300 people in it now that there is less towns and 1 less continent perhaps 900 people per town. then they will toot a different horn. are u all ready for massive laggy towns? I am
    Oh you mean when the zones around the towns look like barren wastelands due to deforestation and nothing to mine?
  • The population on release is going to be crazy. We can estimate this quite well based on our numbers and previous tests. It is actually something that we need to be prepared for so everything runs smoothly.

    The more important question is how the population will develop post release. Our main goal is that Albion Online remains successful in the long term. This is why the game's release happens later than originally expected, to make sure that we can make the required improvements prior to release.

    The upcoming update, Galahad, will give rise to the best version of the game by far, with massive improvements across the board.

    Prior to Galahad, we will announce Albion's official release date. This will be a set date, and not, as previously, just an update on our development plans.
  • you all hating on the game, will be the first ones to log in post-wipe xD

    seriously, it has been wiped so many times, and people still return - in bigger numbers.
    got around 800 hours in that game(this beta alone) - guess 100 bucks well invested
    (considering there are tons of AAA titles, 40bucks+, which you're done with after 20hours)

    I for one know a bunch of people, who skipped on this beta, but will be coming back at latest at release.
    if everyone knows a different of those bunches, then we got ourselves overpopulated and broken few days of release.
    many will try it, so what it comes down to is: how fast will it drop.
  • Korn wrote:

    The population on release is going to be crazy. We can estimate this quite well based on our numbers and previous tests. It is actually something that we need to be prepared for so everything runs smoothly.

    The more important question is how the population will develop post release. Our main goal is that Albion Online remains successful in the long term. This is why the game's release happens later than originally expected, to make sure that we can make the required improvements prior to release.

    The upcoming update, Galahad, will give rise to the best version of the game by far, with massive improvements across the board.

    Prior to Galahad, we will announce Albion's official release date. This will be a set date, and not, as previously, just an update on our development plans.
    I just got even more hyped about the Galahad update... ^^

    ~~Beans
  • ZaZii wrote:

    you all hating on the game, will be the first ones to log in post-wipe xD

    seriously, it has been wiped so many times, and people still return - in bigger numbers.
    got around 800 hours in that game(this beta alone) - guess 100 bucks well invested
    (considering there are tons of AAA titles, 40bucks+, which you're done with after 20hours)

    I for one know a bunch of people, who skipped on this beta, but will be coming back at latest at release.
    if everyone knows a different of those bunches, then we got ourselves overpopulated and broken few days of release.
    many will try it, so what it comes down to is: how fast will it drop.
    You are just special , fam. You step on the same rake.
    Best update ever, sure. I can bet 1k$ that update will be bad, and we will wait more.
  • After a few rounds of Alpha/Beta ive learned my lessons.
    Its always a rush out of the gate then an exponential drop over the first month.

    Im sitting back and waiting now to see if a few key issues are fixed before i jump back in.
    If we end up at Launch and LP/Alts are still around and there is no solo content then its just a matter of cut the losses and move on.

    You could make the best game ever but if your core is broken it doesnt matter.
    Kind of like ArcheAge, probably the best game ever made by a huge margin but has a p2w cancer that keeps most away.
  • @Korn

    I really wish this game to be a long term success, but right now it can get boring really quick. We need more meanningfull/remarkable things to do so ppl dont get bored after reaching T7 and quit.
    Maybe improve even more the item power of higher tiers, I mean, a T8 should be able to solo 3 T5s without much trouble... Otherwise ita not really worth the grind
  • Owsmyr wrote:

    @Korn

    I really wish this game to be a long term success, but right now it can get boring really quick. We need more meanningfull/remarkable things to do so ppl dont get bored after reaching T7 and quit.
    Maybe improve even more the item power of higher tiers, I mean, a T8 should be able to solo 3 T5s without much trouble... Otherwise ita not really worth the grind
    It used to be like that but they reduced the power between tiers.
    It took the power out of progression and made it even more of a numbers advantage always wins kind of game.
    All development has been to the benefit of the zerg for most of this games updates.
  • Owsmyr wrote:

    @Korn

    I really wish this game to be a long term success, but right now it can get boring really quick. We need more meanningfull/remarkable things to do so ppl dont get bored after reaching T7 and quit.
    Maybe improve even more the item power of higher tiers, I mean, a T8 should be able to solo 3 T5s without much trouble... Otherwise ita not really worth the grind
    Players quit not because T8 can't solo 3xT5.
    Game is missing the defined from the beginning "Final goal", "End of the journey", "Game over".
    Objective reason motivating to keep playing, until you will be there.
    Like T3 in classic WoW., before expansions start to making everyone equal again and again, f*ing up all effort players put before.
    The end of fairy tale, where prince, after endless obstacles and adventures saves the princes, and they live long and happy.
    The end of the full loot MMO, where player, who pass impossible tasks, and put unlimited effort, wear unlootable and unbreakable T9.x gear, and stunning noobs by one look, and noobs writing legends, about how impossible-powerful-legendary-and-cool-he-is, every day and night dreaming to achieve same results.

    WTB skill

    The post was edited 6 times, last by gmatagmis ().