Villanious means i cant play?

• Villanious means i cant play?

Yesterday i joined in a friendly pvp war going on outside Queensmarket, some fellows from Valhalla on one side and a bunch of players from QM.

The Valhalla guys were flagged red and were holding a bridge while the opposing guys tried to breach them.

I joined the QM gang and had a blast attacking the defenders but eventually it turned into Valhalla being outnumbered so they were nice enough to let me join their ranks
    and have a crack at helping them defend.

I flagged on pvp and went about fighting with them, had a lot of fun and got a taste of large scale pvp, very enjoyable.

After all was said and done everyone went off back to their business, i headed back to QM to repair my equipment but upon reaching the gates a message popped up
    saying i had too low of a reputation to enter the city.

I figured i could kill mobs but after searching online i discovered my reputation was too low and i would have to rely on passive decay.

So my current predicament is, i have -2400 reputation with a decay of 600 a day. This means i cant play Albion for almost 4 days which seems utterly ridiculous to me.

I was under the impression that reputation was to kind of seperate player killers from pve players as they would have no access to towns on the royal islands, but im kind of
    lost as to why knocking someone down for a couple of minutes and getting a tiny amount of silver in a yellow zone means im pretty much barred from the game for x amount
    of time.

Is this working as intended or am i missing something? I thought about running through red zones to see if i could access the town there but id rather wait 4 days then lose all
    my stuff on the road.

Cant even get to my private island and feed my poor chickens who will probably resort to cannibilism by the time i log back on.

;( feelsbad
  • Toima wrote:

Darrius wrote:

Welcome to the rep system and suffering for pvping in red/yellow zone.
    You are pusnihed for that you doing pvp in pvp game :D thats the most fun part :D
    If you stay in beginner zone that's normal;
    You say the game is "pvp" so go liek a man in black zone thats where the game is.

bunch of little green zone player
    You dont get it:D
    I dont say that i play just in red zone ,you just jump the conclusion.
    And sry but its a true that you get punished in PvP game for doing PVP in PVP zone. So no its not a normal :D
    And yes RED zone is a PvP zone no matter what everyone says because it is written on the label zone.,and how simple proverb says "what is written, it is given"
  • The idea behind the yellow and red zones is to extend the green zones in a way that they are not 100% safe yet they are also not too dangerous.

Alternatively you could imagine that they do away with it and instead just make all the yellow and red zones green zones but I think that would make the game less interesting. The main pvp is meant to take place in blackzones while the yellow and red zone pvp is meant for smaller groups and just periodic PvP.

Currently though I do not think the reputation is super fantastic and it might take some time before it is balanced just right.
  • This is one of the most stupid fucking changes this beta. I have been QQing about this since the change.
    Does anyone remember the big yellow zone battles in whistling ravine last beta? You know, when the server was basically dead (much like now) so everyone would go touch doodle outside Queensmarket?

Adding the reputation system before incorporating arena was outright fucking stupid.
  • Thought i could get back to playing today but oh wait, now my passive rep gain is now +300 per day instead of 600, so now i got to wait another 4 days to play, i cant even grind rep by killing monsters.

So for 1 hour of friendly fighting outside Queensmarket has meant i cant play Albion for 7 days minimum.

If i cant grind rep when i hit -250 and my passive rep gain drops again i honestly will move on because as it stands 1 hour pvp fun in yellow for 7+ days off being pretty much locked out of the game is utterly fucking ridiculous.
  • This is a very valid complaint about AO. Yellow zones are meant to be a stepping stone to pvp for newer players to the game. It is the place to learn to pvp and have fights with less risk and less reward. There is no reason to lose -2500 rep for one hour of pvp in a yellow zone when you can't even loot anyone. The rep loss for fighting in yellow zones needs to dramatically lowered or just remove yellows and make them red, because right now the only people who can fight there are the players based in Red and Black cities. Seems pointless if the purpose of yellow zones is to ease green city players into pvp.

This is really broken and I hope that the devs address this before the next wipe.
    I'm reading a book about anti-gravity. It's impossible to put down.
  • foolycurgus wrote:

Thought i could get back to playing today but oh wait, now my passive rep gain is now +300 per day instead of 600, so now i got to wait another 4 days to play, i cant even grind rep by killing monsters.

So for 1 hour of friendly fighting outside Queensmarket has meant i cant play Albion for 7 days minimum.

If i cant grind rep when i hit -250 and my passive rep gain drops again i honestly will move on because as it stands 1 hour pvp fun in yellow for 7+ days off being pretty much locked out of the game is utterly fucking ridiculous.
    Once you hit -1249 you need to unflag and you can start regaining rep. If you are flagged you can not gain rep.