Albion Development Recap (January 23)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The idea of making things more unique is nice and all, specially considering clusters always felt kinda the same. Still, truth is most players won't walk around/explore just to find a couple mobs behind trees. People will mostly grind dungeons. What is the plan to actually balance PvE and give it more variation? People right now grind the same skeleton dungeon over and over again, how are you balancing it?
    Youtube channel (GvGs, OW-PvP etc): youtube.com/c/Nietz
  • good to see its going in the right direction.

The amount off pve hot spots, just need to be balance to how many ppl that are playing the game. Ad the start off beta 1 you had pvp more or less every time ad all the major pve hot spots.

The game just need some active players, then all mobs will be targets, also the small camps.
  • Finally, you seem to of regathered yourself and found a direction that you want to go, and thats open world PvE/PvP, both support each other. Im loving what im hearing, i think you guys are on track and can keep improving on this vision rather then having new directions every patch and thats great. The new content looks awesome, cant wait to try the boss fights, and cant wait to try to interact in the open world and experience both PvE and PvP.
  • some concerns have been raised by some of my guildies that are not so wild about pvp.. the main one being as follows..

Are these pve changes going to be something that exist with the "current" dungeon system still existing in some form? i.e blue/green portals, where once you get into the portal you are still safe?
  • FahQ wrote:

some concerns have been raised by some of my guildies that are not so wild about pvp.. the main one being as follows..

Are these pve changes going to be something that exist with the "current" dungeon system still existing in some form? i.e blue/green portals, where once you get into the portal you are still safe?
    One of the devs mentioned portal/instanced dungeons will be removed from the game, just cannot find it - might be in one of the previous dev recaps.
  • Dagother wrote:

FahQ wrote:

some concerns have been raised by some of my guildies that are not so wild about pvp.. the main one being as follows..

One of the devs mentioned portal/instanced dungeons will be removed from the game, just cannot find it - might be in one of the previous dev recaps.
    I have watched most of them, and do NOT remember any reference to removing them. IF after more than a year of portal dungeons existing, they change this BASIC aspect of the game, MANY people will be infuriated. The removal of the instanced portals, will undoubtedly make many people that are not big pvpers find a different game.
  • FahQ wrote:

Dagother wrote:

FahQ wrote:

I have watched most of them, and do NOT remember any reference to removing them. IF after more than a year of portal dungeons existing, they change this BASIC aspect of the game, MANY people will be infuriated. The removal of the instanced portals, will undoubtedly make many people that are not big pvpers find a different game.
    They mentioned removing them in the Nov 25 Dev recap.
  • I'm concerned about the Home bases. Are those each in 1 single zone or spread across multiple zones , with outer zones for solo players and group content in different zones ? As a solo player, most of the times I want to stay clear of group hotspots and while part of a 5 man group I have no interest in fighting close to a hotspot for raidgroups.
  • FahQ wrote:

Dagother wrote:

FahQ wrote:

I don't mean to be rude but, you can always stay in yellow zones with your friends...
  • Nullius wrote:

FahQ wrote:

Dagother wrote:

FahQ wrote:

I don't mean to be rude but, you can always stay in yellow zones with your friends...
    personally, I have no issue with PvP. I just know many people that like to stay in the yellow zones (so yes I too spend most of my time there, but not ALL of it :) ) any how, some of the people really like the whole being safe in the portal..as they can not be pvp'd in the portal. they do not mind that they might encounter pvp going to the portal... just want to be safe once there. I hope that other people that want to see the portals stay, even if accessed differently or something. perhaps leave the portal system in place for yellow and down? but also add the new version? I have no clue how it "should" be, other than the fact that removing the portals may alienate some of the yellow zone type people to quit playing, as they can not progress as easily. it will also enable more griefing in these zones. large groups will be able to force people back into the green zones, because they are just sick of not having at least some peace while they attempt to progress.
  • FahQ wrote:

Nullius wrote:

FahQ wrote:

Dagother wrote:

FahQ wrote:

If you are playing Albion for the instanced portals then perhaps this is not quite the right game for your friends. The whole idea is risk vs reward. Portals were an interesting idea when they were implemented, but the sad fact remains that they take players out of the game world. I think you will find the vast majority of players like the idea of removing portals in favor of more open world objectives. Adrenaline is good.

Honestly, if you love to pve then the removal or portals will only increase your enjoyment of the game simply because you will have to be creative to find good places to farm and it will be more rewarding in turn. There will always be places for smaller groups to farm simply because its not efficient for zergs to do it. Also, there is nothing wrong with running away if your friends do not like to pvp. All they have to do is make sure they run the right spells, have good communication, and have a good exit strategy. Take these 3 things into consideration and you should be alive more than dead.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Saraph ().