Increasing Overall Movement Speed for the benefit of everyone!

• Increasing Overall Movement Speed for the benefit of everyone!

Hello,

I have been playing Albion Online a fair bit over the last few months, and i wanted to bring my 2 cents about the game to the table. while i love the game there is one major issue that has been in the back of my mind for a while now. The game movement is slow. I understand the need for actions to take time and i agree with most of the pacing of the game, only one thing bugs me, which is movement speed. I do not think that the difference of speed between mounts and character running should change nor the movement speed buffs abilities or gear yields, it is simply ALL movement that needs to be increased. A slight global increase in movement of all characters, mounts and creatures.

I have quite a few friends that has previously been interested in mmo's with similar characteristics as Albion, but i cannot get them to play the game with me. Each and every time i ask their answer is simply, "it looks slow". I agree with them. It does look slow, and it feels slower than it needs to be.

Now what would a slight increase of all movement speed do to the game?
    - Any character would get from A to B a little faster.
    - People would have shorter time to react to incoming players in pvp zones.
    - It would be easier to avoid AOE spells, which means their cast speed or area would have to be tweaked slightly.
    - Might change item prices across the game.

These are my thoughts, I am hoping i can get a good debate started on this topic :D

Sincerely Ohm

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ohm ().

• Pyrenius wrote:

I'm not so sure I've ever seen an inbetween speed. To my knowledge, with video games there is FPS speed and RPG speed.
    Anyway of telling how fast players move in game like km/s?
    Every single game has a different speed. There is RPG's with fast or slow movement speed, depending on what the game sets out to achieve.

I am not talking about increasing the movement speed by 100%. Just slightly like 10-20% would be enough to make the game feel more alive and exciting
  • Pyrenius wrote:

I'm not so sure I've ever seen an inbetween speed. To my knowledge, with video games there is FPS speed and RPG speed.
    Anyway of telling how fast players move in game like km/s?
    if you open your inventory, press details, it will show your current movement speed. The max speed you can achieve without using spells is in full leather with move speed passives = 5.3 m/s

@Ohm since you already understand how time is so important to the games economy and mechanics you can understand why any change to movement speed will have an effect on lots of other things. i think itd have to be really careful to not lessen the value of items
  • @owensssss I agree. The economy might change with a change in overall movement speed. Of course i can only guess at any changes, and all changes made would have to be carefully considered by the developers.

I still believe that a slightly faster moving game would really give the game a boost in regards to "fun". I think positioning would play a bigger role and teams would have to adapt quicker to changes in their surroundings.