Albion Development Recap (January 13)

• qvq schrieb:

@Farming will take that to mean you played a little but never got big into the pvp if you never saw people getting attacked with range as well. Regardless Runescape numbers are similar to Eve Online numbers. Many people run multiple accounts at once.

That being said AO at its best time has numbers close to rune at its worst time. Many of the players that played AO in the past came from Rune just to leave never to return again because of failed ideas that are pushing the population away.

Regardless point still stands Runescapes map is designed well enough to bottle neck the population into extremely small choke points that make it seem like the game is alive at all times.

The only thing that I would say you can't compare AO to runescape on is depth. Back in the original days of Runescape when it was first launched it had more depth and things to do and quality of game than AO has ever had.

video was just for you to see, bit after my time in runescape I recall all the crossbow spammers before it ever made a 3d version of the game.
      Ah ive played it since 2002, every kind of account you can imagine maxed (mainly ranged tanks of various def lvls as new prayers came and went).
      Your video is an an example of rs3 in a multi zone (that is designed for groups / clan fights). Its not a solo area. You can tell multi zones by the 2 crossed swords in the upper right, just left of the mini-map for this version.

Saying eve is similar to rs again is a joke.
      Evev currently has

Online 28559Players

<Source : community.eveonline.com/>

and roughly 1k viewing via livestreams

<source: twitch.tv/directory/game/EVE%20Online>

As for the map it differs between the 2 versions:

OSRS -

And rs3:

<this maps is too large to post so here is a link to the interactive version>

<runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Map:World_map>

All pvp is done in the section called the wilderness or in mini games on both versions.
    • Frostorm schrieb:

There is gold badge(for legendary) which is super cool, there is also silver badge(for epic). But why there is no Bronze badge(for veterans)? No love for veterans?

Please make it special for us too
      no one likes bronze 5 players haha.

@farming. only reason runescape has a lot of players is its free to play. half those accounts are inactive accounts that people just try it out. and albion is in a beta. 170k accounts+ in a beta is a lot. runescape didn't even come close to that in its beta and it was free. you know how many people would be playing this game if it was free? probably triple the amount. originally promised to be free to play. if those gold spammers didn't try to sell gold in chat all day this game would probably be free to play
    • vashangelarm schrieb:

Frostorm schrieb:

There is gold badge(for legendary) which is super cool, there is also silver badge(for epic). But why there is no Bronze badge(for veterans)? No love for veterans?

Please make it special for us too
      no one likes bronze 5 players haha.
      @farming. only reason runescape has a lot of players is its free to play. half those accounts are inactive accounts that people just try it out. and albion is in a beta. 170k accounts+ in a beta is a lot. runescape didn't even come close to that in its beta and it was free. you know how many people would be playing this game if it was free? probably triple the amount. originally promised to be free to play. if those gold spammers didn't try to sell gold in chat all day this game would probably be free to play
      You gota think though. 170k accounts total (cant find the source on that).
      That is most likely covering all accounts created from alpah to the current beta (a period of over 2 years).
      Also many people realize that you have to alt to stay competitive (i myself run 3 accounts).
      And the forums have only ever seen a total of 85,994 Members (thats counting people who have created an account w/o buying the game).
      So the 170k number seems skewed or wrong.

As for the f2p on RS: lets look at real numbers and data instead of misconceptions and bulshit

here are the actual numbers -
      As of 9:21 Pm EST
      # of players on OSRS = 48092 total
      # of free worlds total = 12
      # of players per free world:
      1- 1165 , 2- 1130, 3- 733, 4- 651, 5- 724, 6- 253, 7- 705, 8- 706, 9-679, 10-160, 11- 741, 12- 853
      Total f2p players = 8499

So on osrs there are currently :
      39,593 paying members, and 8499 free members

Now lets look at rs3:
      Of the 81908 players online
      #of free worlds: 22
      1- 740 2- 488 3- 102 4- 118 5- 74 6- 64 7-79 8- 84 9- 98 10- 245 11- 100 12- 66 13- 121 14- 38 15- 83 16- 79 17- 62 18- 103 19- 28 20- 86 21- 30 22- 63
      Total f2p players on rs3: 2951
      So on rs3 there are currently 78957 paying members, and 2951 free members

So in total between the 2 games:

Total members = 130000 (creepy it came out to an even number o.o) playing actively at 9:40 pm est
      Of those : 118550 are paying members, and 11450 are free.

So to debunk that free members are the cause of the popularity.
      At a random time interval looking at the player base, free players are making up under 10% of the overall player-base of the game that is actively playing RIGHT NOW.
      This also doesnt take into account that p2p members also have access to the free worlds (which we use to f2p pk / mass trade)

Please quit saying stupid shit if your not willing to do the research.

* I will add a down side though of the game:
      It is extremely easy to turn in game gold into IRL $, which has lead to mass account hacking.
      Many people are loosing 5+ years of work in seconds due to their accounts being drained and sold to RWT organizations.
      That is the reason i have decided to look for other games to play, its popularity and success have made it a massive target.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Farming ()

• vashangelarm schrieb:

aren't those 2 different games? old runescape and runescape 3?. and are we really comparing a game that's 17 years old of gaining members to a game that's really not even out yet?
      Yes and No.
      RS3 is the persistent game that has been live since (2001 i believe).
      OSRS was created because many of the players did not like a specific update (EOC) and missed the old graphics. Jagex took an older backup of their game (2007 version) and began it again w/o that specific update. Both are run by the same company and both from the same site / launcher.

The whole idea behind the credentials of the game was to show how successful they are when compared to other titles. This success has come from including all player demographics / play-styles.

If albion wants to have any chance of success in the market they need to do some research and learn that concept. Developing your game for (at most) 5% of the mmo market will only lead to failure.
    • macor schrieb:

Jonathan_Silverblood schrieb:

Seirou schrieb:

@Korn @Bercilak

Bercilak schrieb:

Improved Guild Management Tools and Logs
      Some news?
      This is how I think they should've spent their time on, rather than making those instanced expeditions with automatic group queues..
      So you want qol features programmed by level designers ? That is courageous ! :)
      The level designers could have spent more of their time on the towns and got that done faster.
      The expeditions also has other people involved:

* Monster and combat designers could've spent their time on open-world uniqeuness as promised, and gotten that out faster.
      * Game logic programmers who designed the structure of the group queue could've made the guild QoL upgrades.
      * UI designers / artists who made the group queue could've made the guild WoL upgrades pretty.

In fact, every single aspect of the expeditions is time and value taken away from things that are holding up release.
      Expeditions is not something I would consider to be holding up release - they should've not implemented it, or implemented it post-release.
      Discord: https://discord.gg/wH3tuhd
    • Jonathan_Silverblood schrieb:

In fact, every single aspect of the expeditions is time and value taken away from things that are holding up release.
      Expeditions is not something I would consider to be holding up release - they should've not implemented it, or implemented it post-release.
      Thats your pretty onesided opinion.

I think it is a it is an essential feature that is needed for release.

- It will help the catch the initial playerspikes in dungeons in the first days.
      - Its a easy way for new players to connect with others with equal level / skill / gear
      - Its a perfect place to to teach new players the gamemechanics
      - Its a safe place from griefing (yes you can even grief players in greenzone)

So overall i think its a feature that will increase the playerbase by making the game easier accessable to new players while its not interfeering with the "Hardcore players". An that is far more valueable that a litte bit of stupid qol in guildmanagement. In the end its the casual player who pays the bills.
    • macor schrieb:

I think it is a it is an essential feature that is needed for release.

- It will help the catch the initial playerspikes in dungeons in the first days.
      - Its a easy way for new players to connect with others with equal level / skill / gear
      - Its a perfect place to to teach new players the gamemechanics
      - Its a safe place from griefing (yes you can even grief players in greenzone)

I can't see how expeditions could even be remotely essential to release.

- What happens in the first few days quickly becomes less relevant, spending alot of time on it isn't necessary.
      - There is already a great amount of features that makes people of similar skill/gear be able to connect with one another, towns, harbors, chests etc.
      - You can learn the game mechanics in green and yellow zones just fine, you don't need an instanced dungeon for this.
      - Expedition is in no way free from griefing, at least as long as they use an impersonalized queue system to make groups.

Meanwhile, better QoL features for guilds could...

- be an easy way for new players to connect with others with equal level / skill / gear
      - be a perfect place to to teach new players the gamemechanics
      Discord: https://discord.gg/wH3tuhd
    • So is this why portals were removed? Cause man i pve and can't imagine using a city portal.......now we have tiny maps and groups are instanced portals are cities, the black zones will be guild locked.....bye bye exploring for unique content in the open world. Hello people that play the game who aren't even part of the community now.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Raithe ()

• Korn schrieb:

Grimfest schrieb:

Seirou schrieb:

@Korn @Bercilak

Bercilak schrieb:

Improved Guild Management Tools and Logs
      Some news?
      This is on their to do list, but wont get any love until post launch as per official statement while back.
      We might actually be able to get some improvements in pre-launch, the topic is a key priority for us. Once we know more, we will share some details.
      @Korn thanks for the update, you guys taking suggestion(demands) on the subject or you yoloing it(fuck the community)? Would love to help in this area you got my number(no you don't but you can find me on discord)