Albion Development Recap (January 13)

• "We are also not satisfied with the mobility balance in Albion Online. We will remove mobility skills from armors and helmets, and tone down the mobility spells on weapons as well. The main source of mobility will come from shoes, making it harder to stack mobility boosts. This will also have an impact on the Ranged versus Melee-Meta, where melee users could simply outrun the distance advantage of ranged players."

RIP Hunter Jacket + Spear Line. THANK YOU GOD!
  • They should give us back our small maps from previous beta and remove that stupid gallop mode. Then these changes would be smart !
    It seems like they did nothing from alpha version. They had good pvp game but they fcked it with these big maps and another changes which they made for gatherers.
    This game should be nice hardcore pvp game but now it's like farmville :(
    ♫ Bakuretsu, Bakuretsu, la la la ♫
  • Neshert wrote:

By the way, I hope that this total revamp of items include balance related to passive bonuses of weapons. Right now, some weapons give HP while other weapons give nothing at all. You could include something like:

Tank weapons : HP
    Hunter weapons: Movespeed
    Mage weapons: Energy
    @Bercilak What about this? Are you planning to introduce some kinds of balance in passive bonuses (or something similar)? Thanks
  • I hope the mobility fix is more than a baseline tweak regarding all the armors since that will highlight the individual weapon mobility differences while making solo pvp and mount catching harder.

Also the plate armor chest offers quite alot of mobility while increasing ur chance of survival. My heavy build runs like 5m shorter distance with sprints on than my medium.

Currently there is only one weapon line offering high cc, damage and mobility and that is spear excluding the 1h-handed one.

EDIT:

Reducing overall mobility will make the game seem more slow than before. Im not so sure if the current market values games much slower than albion currently. I have no further information tho.

The post was edited 1 time, last by ugibugi ().

• Bercilak wrote:

Grimfest wrote:

@Bercilak @Korn

With the addition of this feature, I'd like to suggest adding more slots to the bank or a gathering gear tab for each bank. It was already a problem and will be even more so now. Even if we have to pay with gold or silver for them at each local bank, but we need some means to obtain them.
    It will happen yes! My own bank is full of sh** and I cant find stuff. We have 3 different plans which should happen at various points this year.

This is our current rough plan (not set in stone) - Do not execute me if this will not happen.
    1. Increase vault size in general
    2. Give you a web based overview about all your ingame items
    3. Have list views of your vaults where all items are stacked (also weapons) with good filters and search function (after release though)

First Galahad then we will see about these things.
    This would be amazing!

I think i must change me drawers after that.
  • Raithe wrote:

Bercilak wrote:

Grimfest wrote:

@Bercilak @Korn

With the addition of this feature, I'd like to suggest adding more slots to the bank or a gathering gear tab for each bank. It was already a problem and will be even more so now. Even if we have to pay with gold or silver for them at each local bank, but we need some means to obtain them.
    It will happen yes! My own bank is full of sh** and I cant find stuff. We have 3 different plans which should happen at various points this year.
    This is our current rough plan (not set in stone) - Do not execute me if this will not happen.
    1. Increase vault size in general
    2. Give you a web based overview about all your ingame items
    3. Have list views of your vaults where all items are stacked (also weapons) with good filters and search function (after release though)

First Galahad then we will see about these things.
    This would be amazing!
    I think i must change me drawers after that.
    The only money I've ever spent on PoE was for customization tabs.. If we get something along these lines in terms of function, it will be a huge quality of life feature + a huge payday for SI
  • Fortie wrote:

They should give us back our small maps from previous beta and remove that stupid gallop mode. Then these changes would be smart !
    It seems like they did nothing from alpha version. They had good pvp game but they fcked it with these big maps and another changes which they made for gatherers.
    I love posts from people that think ganking gatherers is "nice hardcore PVP"... lol, you want free loot from gatherers instead of good PVP competition.
  • Fooky wrote:

Fortie wrote:

They should give us back our small maps from previous beta and remove that stupid gallop mode. Then these changes would be smart !
    I love posts from people that think ganking gatherers is "nice hardcore PVP"... lol, you want free loot from gatherers instead of good PVP competition.
    I love post from poeple that think they can go in hardcore pvp game with ox or overloaded to gathering materials in to PvP zone and can survive.
  • Fooky wrote:

Fortie wrote:

Bro. I rly dont care about gears of gatherers. Most of my PvP fame I got from hell gates/castles and fighting near BF. Just for info... I am playing healer, so i cant gank gatherers...
    ♫ Bakuretsu, Bakuretsu, la la la ♫
  • Fooky wrote:

Fortie wrote:

at start this game really was Hardcore PVP game ... now peoples like you are making this game much easier for gatherer which after this patch can gather with 0% risk at all and get much more reward with gathering gear which will be for sure overpowered and will be used in pvp for sure :D we killed like 4 overloaded dudes on oxens this week ... and few gatherer if you know how you can get down t6 horse very eazy because pike can catche on him with all speed it got ... but after the patch it will lose most of his movements speed that mean you will not be able to get down even t5 at galop ... and thats once again an pvp content taken out of game ... Ganking peoples was stuff in albion and some dudes makes an living on it ... taking away speeds is in my opinion very big nerf for some builds and big boost for weapons as claws , daggers which have Dash and Bow which got frost shot ... bows will get back to meta for sure because they will became so far unkillable again as in last beta when they could frost shot like 1 whole screen away from you ... my opinion ? make smaller maps , make much more of them , get rid of galop , stop listening to gatherers only and making game much easier for them ... there is so much stuffs that dont work in game at this time ... and you keed adding new and new and new content without fixint previous stuffs ... we just figgured out 2 bugs today ... yea btw there is nothing like "tanks" in this game ... just bunch of idiots like me which still keep running with plate armours and hammers/maces that simply cant do shit alone and you can only play with party ... with delayed blink + areapull you were able to turn fight and make sick playes ... now its fixed and we you didint even write it to patch notes and seems there is much more you changed and didint told us ..

The post was edited 1 time, last by Wolfynko ().

• the game stopped being hard core pvp since they changed the way fame was acquired. before in beta1 and alphas if u wanted tier 6 fame for example u needed to be using tier 5 armor and tier 7 fame tier 6 and tier 8 fame tier 7. so u would have to use higher tier gear to gain fame.

this was the risk vs reward. now there is no risk and the rewards is pking some ne and getting tier 5 tier 4 and useless tier 6.

this game hasn't been hard core since Christmas of 2015
  • lol, I still love all the posts that say PVP = killing gatherers... omg, I can't catch a gatherer so the game is ruined.

PVP sucks because the population is so low and the maps are so big... pvp doesn't really have much to do with gatherers.

a gatherer should have a fairly good chance to get away from a 3 to 5 person gank squad, not 100% but a decent chance.

In the new map you should have plenty of chances to gank gatherers, your biggest risk will be that you run into other gank squads... but since gatherer hunters want easy prey you will probably run away from each other.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Fooky ().

• Darrius wrote:

Fooky wrote:

Fortie wrote:

I love post from poeple that think they can go in hardcore pvp game with ox or overloaded to gathering materials in to PvP zone and can survive.
    Then you should love someone else's posts...

I probably could go with an overloaded ox as dead as game is now.. but even now I go with armored horse and don't let myself get overloaded.