New Building - Personal Market/Shop

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New Building - Personal Market/Shop

Hey everyone, i recently bought and played the Game for roughly 2 Weeks now, and i am amazed how much possible Potential it has.

Currently the only ways to sell Items to other Players are either with Face2Face Trading, or via the Auction House.
    Nothing wrong with that, but for upcoming Crafters its kind of an Issue, because your Name isnt known for good Crafstmanship by now, and in the Auction House your Items kinda get lost in the Crowd.
    And seeing the current Town layouts with duplicate Crafting Buildings all over the Place, i came up with the Idea of Personal Market or Shops.

Basicly the Building works like the Auction House, but with the difference that only you can set up items for Sale, or create Buy Orders.
    So other Players can come to your Store, check out what you have to offer, and/or maybe sell you Items that you are looking for.

For example, lets say you are an Expert Plate Armor Craftsman, so thats what you are going to put on sale.
    And at the same Time, you are offering a certain amount of Silver for any Player who is providing you Ores or Metal Ingots.

And maybe as the final Touch, you can customize your Shop with Item Stands or Armor Racks, where you can display your finest Craftings.

Let me know what you think of this.
    I would certainly love it to be a feature in the Game.
  • Billaien wrote:

Hey everyone, i recently bought and played the Game for roughly 2 Weeks now, and i am amazed how much possible Potential it has.

Currently the only ways to sell Items to other Players are either with Face2Face Trading, or via the Auction House.
    Nothing wrong with that, but for upcoming Crafters its kind of an Issue, because your Name isnt known for good Crafstmanship by now, and in the Auction House your Items kinda get lost in the Crowd.
    And seeing the current Town layouts with duplicate Crafting Buildings all over the Place, i came up with the Idea of Personal Market or Shops.

Basicly the Building works like the Auction House, but with the difference that only you can set up items for Sale, or create Buy Orders.
    So other Players can come to your Store, check out what you have to offer, and/or maybe sell you Items that you are looking for.

For example, lets say you are an Expert Plate Armor Craftsman, so thats what you are going to put on sale.
    And at the same Time, you are offering a certain amount of Silver for any Player who is providing you Ores or Metal Ingots.

And maybe as the final Touch, you can customize your Shop with Item Stands or Armor Racks, where you can display your finest Craftings.

Let me know what you think of this.
    I would certainly love it to be a feature in the Game.
    As a known crafter, you'll probably will have own crafting building.
    Maybe just add an additional own shop functionality into it?
    I'm personally missing option to stock related resources into own crafting buildings.
    If i could stock and sell with no tax there, that could be perfect.
    WTB skill
  • While this is from 1.5 years ago (old, but still), at least player run cottage-style shops have been discussed by Sandbox's development team ... see first post, Point 11, sub-item III : Roadmap to Closed Beta

After that post, I drafted a suggestion, in regards to supporting that endeavor: [Suggestion] Vanity Craftsman Banners

We haven't heard anything more really on that topic since then.
  • I think when you build houses they should have an alternative to transform them into a shop. Then on top of that there should be special plots in cities designed solely for shops that players can rent similar to how building plots used to work.

The player shops would work like a miniture Auction House but the owner of the building can set a few permissions such as who is allowed to buy, sell, setup buy orders, or fill sell orders. Guilds could use these shops on their islands to help with logistics while in towns players could use it to build a name for themselves.

I would much prefer something like this then to see the Ragnarok version os hundreds of afk player bots just lounging all over a city with bubble chat spam.
  • Targun wrote:

It just doesn't make sense whith existing AH.
    Does it make Sense to have 10 different Lumberjack-Stations in the same Town, with all having different Taxes, while you always go to the same one with the lowest Tax?
    Or would you rather have just 2 or 3 of them, while some Players offer their crafted Goods in their own Shops on Display?

Think of the AH as the general Store where you can get Resources and Materials for a general Price.
    While the personal Shop is the Arms-and-Armor Shop for specialized Crafters.
  • On Point @Targun ,

In the marketplace:
    • Only the 50 cheapest SELL offers and 50 most expensive BUY offers are shown in the window. It does not page.
    • Using the dropdown filters, you can only see the 50 cheapest SELL offers and 50 most expensive BUY offers in a category, quality level, item type, etc.
    • Using the search bar, you can see the 50 cheapest SELL offers and 50 most expensive BUY offers for your query.
    • Equipment and Mounts do not currently stack on SELL offers! Players selling multiple of an item will more quickly fill this 50 slots, increasing either downward pressure on prices or demand for market manipulation techniques.
    • Since BUY offers start with the most expensive, lower cost offers for lower tiers, quality, or enchantment level will more naturally be pushed out.
    • The player inventory sell window auto-sells to the highest BUY offer for that good if it exists, adding extra value to the highest only offer. This devalues the prospect of BUY orders that are not the highest, possibly decreasing participation in that venue for players not able or willing to place the highest bid.
    • If the value of a BUY offer is set too high, it appears that you auto-purchase the lowest price SELL offer for that item if it exists for the full price you offered. I have confirmed that the SELL offer's player receives the silver from this transaction, despite a difference in price.
    I tend to only sell quality levels 3, 4, and 5, now Outstanding, Excellent, and Masterpiece (formerly Masterpiece, Epic, and Legendary), and price those offers appropriately for their extra benefit to the player. For me, the current system is not the friendliest to players that specialize in higher quality goods. Player shops would allow players specializing in better gear to stand out.

Another aspect to take into account is this: Perhaps players may want to know who they are buying and selling with, i.e. the guild they are dealing with. Perhaps they may not want to directly deal with players in enemy guilds.
  • I recommand to remove Auction House from city's. The Runscepe day of death was when they brought grand exchange in to game.
    Played years ago game Fairyland and that had unique player stalls to sell your goods. Right now in Auction House if u need fast money u sell with lowest price and that drops the item value.
    Run by player economy means we have to sell our good by us. Right now in town maps we have a lot of open space for market places.
    This will value player effort much more by making them also know by their work. Also puts more live guild AH. But it needs little rework.

The post was edited 5 times, last by Smoger ().