This kind of unbalance shouldn't be allowed

• Ravenar schrieb:

@Retroman bit derailing but seems this thread got your attention.

Have you thought about removing the stuns from the game and replacing them with slows.

100% of my PvP deaths have been getting sunned, not having cleanse and dying. It is not fun. If slow would replace stuns there is the alternative to fight back (I am melee though) and using speed buffs to negate the slow.

Stuns are most OP in the game as far as I know with my limited experience of PvP. And they are very demotivating to try PvP.

edit: I might be wrong but going back weapons considered OP in the past (crossbow, claymore) many of them have had a stun of some sort.
      Well, if you remove stuns from the game, then how can you shut down healers? You could say with silence, but then you will say: please, remove silences from the game since I can't fight back with my spells. And then what, we just throw spells until our energy gets 0? So, I don't agree with this.
    • Neshert schrieb:

Ravenar schrieb:

@Retroman bit derailing but seems this thread got your attention.

Have you thought about removing the stuns from the game and replacing them with slows.

100% of my PvP deaths have been getting sunned, not having cleanse and dying. It is not fun. If slow would replace stuns there is the alternative to fight back (I am melee though) and using speed buffs to negate the slow.

Stuns are most OP in the game as far as I know with my limited experience of PvP. And they are very demotivating to try PvP.

edit: I might be wrong but going back weapons considered OP in the past (crossbow, claymore) many of them have had a stun of some sort.
      Well, if you remove stuns from the game, then how can you shut down healers? You could say with silence, but then you will say: please, remove silences from the game since I can't fight back with my spells. And then what, we just throw spells until our energy gets 0? So, I don't agree with this.
      Silence does not make you unable to move.

Well bringing this back to topic, I am completely fine that skill shots give massive damage. Gameplay should be about skill.

But once the meta in Pvp is to stun the opponent in place so it cannot move or defend and then hit it with massive "skillshots" (usually it has been 2v1 or 3v1) it kinda makes the skill involved obsolete. It is also quite zergy as it ultimately comes to which side has the last stun after all the cleanses have ran out.

I play axe which is the least skill weapon I know. All about keeping eye on cooldowns and hammering damage. But if nothing changes probably gonna be full mobility stun guy in release. I don't care about kills, but I do care about survival.

They could keep stun but instead of making you completely defenseless make all cooldown recovery and cast times double for a short time. Maybe silence could have similar effect. Again you could negate that with meditate...

I like multi-purpose spells. My favourites are Ambush (getting the first hit but also emergency exit) and Refreshing sprint (very small speed buff but nice cooldown reduction during battle) I want to see more spells like that instead of one role spells like cleanse and what is the 4s immunity to root spell called. Stun can be used to kill and get some time to escape.

edit: as always just random thought to maybe make the game more fun for all.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Ravenar ()

• @Retroman What I would like to know is why the under powered weapons have not been touched while the well balanced weapons like for example cursed staff have been getting nerfs recently and is becoming very nonviable as to be played in light gear while its one of the least used weapons this beta? Another issue as the beta has been going on is the strength of melee weapons as alot of them are starting to put out more dps then a staff user while having more mobility this to me doesnt seem right.

Will we be seeing another BIG balance update in the future? there is a few other things i would like to throw in that tanks are starting to become very powerful in more then one aspect of the game and also healers it just seems the balance in the whole game as of right now is broken there is no formula behind any of the weapons that defines them it feels like you balance them with a hit or miss strategy until you get it right.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Blinkz ()