My MacBook Pro blew up

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• My MacBook Pro blew up

Thanks to albions complete lack of security or caring, my laptop is fried. A hacker used a script to fry my graphics card on my MacBook pro durring a GVG fight.

So let me take this moment to tell people this game shows a complete lack of caring for its players. And ask yourselves, do you want to risk your computer to play a $30 game that has so many issues?

Last time I checked beta didn't imply risking your personal propperty.

• ereke wrote:

Thanks to albions complete lack of security or caring, my laptop is fried. A hacker used a script to fry my graphics card on my MacBook pro durring a GVG fight.

So let me take this moment to tell people this game shows a complete lack of caring for its players. And ask yourselves, do you want to risk your computer to play a $30 game that has so many issues?

Standard mac user. Please, stop buying macs and invest that money to study how scripts work.
  • Ravenar wrote:

No idea what script OP is talking about but as a fellow macbook user I can confirm the game is surprisingly heavy on the cpu/gpu. The fan goes crazy unless you limit fps to 30 and resolution 1280x800, low quality and all effects.

I actually like AO visuals but really feel they should not be eating so much power on minimal settings.
    Probably it's not about the game, but about the dust in cooling system.
    What age of your macbook?
    After few years usage it usually looks like this.
    imgur.com/a/2vFVg
  • Ravenar wrote:

No idea what script OP is talking about but as a fellow macbook user I can confirm the game is surprisingly heavy on the cpu/gpu. The fan goes crazy unless you limit fps to 30 and resolution 1280x800, low quality and all effects.

I actually like AO visuals but really feel they should not be eating so much power on minimal settings.
    Well, since macbook has only intel HD graphics, how many fps do you expect to have? They are not done for gaming. Also, their i5 is the U serie, which means they are low consume-low performance. Be happy that you can play at 30 fps with a mac.
  • @Neshert Yeah, I know Macs are not made for gaming. Well actually I can get better FPS but the fan goes crazy. So I drop it 30 to save the hardware from overheating or the fan from getting bust.

The reason I commented was to let other mac users to adjust their settings to play the game. And I guess to remind SBI that the latest (for now) macbook pro with best available hardware just barely runs the game with minimal visual settings. So do not add more stuff to render but preferably optimize more.

The game is marketed as mac game after all.
    IGN/Discord : Ravenar#2076
    Join Albion
  • Not entirely sure what this whole Mac thing is all about..

I use a MacBook Pro for all my Albion gaming, including GvGs, Hellgates, Open World PvP, and zergy Castle Fights. The game typically runs around 50-60 FPS, but of course it drops in Zerg fights. That said, even then it's totally playable.

Is it ideal? No. Does the fan sometimes make noise? Yes, that's why we have headphones :)

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013)
    Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB
    Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB
    Processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7

Pretty sure AO will run so much better in the new MacBooks with touchbar :)
  • gmatagmis wrote:

Ravenar wrote:

Probably it's not about the game, but about the dust in cooling system.What age of your macbook?
    imgur.com/a/2vFVg
    It is an old issue, everyone knows that Albion is heavy on CPU usage
  • Vagabond wrote:

gmatagmis wrote:

Ravenar wrote:

Probably it's not about the game, but about the dust in cooling system.What age of your macbook?After few years usage it usually looks like this.
    imgur.com/a/2vFVg
    I'm playing on worse, notebook Lenovo v580 with i5 processor and hybrid NVIDIA 610M VGA.
    And it's silent. And i see no any CPU performance issues, only VGA (30 stable FPS on low settings).
    However i'm using Ubuntu, and may be, comparable with Win10, CPU is not so high loaded, because it's resources are not utilized to spy the user =))))
  • gmatagmis wrote:

Vagabond wrote:

gmatagmis wrote:

Ravenar wrote:

Probably it's not about the game, but about the dust in cooling system.What age of your macbook?After few years usage it usually looks like this.imgur.com/a/2vFVg
    I'm playing on worse, notebook Lenovo v580 with i5 processor and hybrid NVIDIA 610M VGA.And it's silent. And i see no any CPU performance issues, only VGA (30 stable FPS on low settings).
    However i'm using Ubuntu, and may be, comparable with Win10, CPU is not so high loaded, because it's resources are not utilized to spy the user =))))
    Low budget notebook,AMD A8 & AMD Radeon R5 Graphics,AO it's running just fine on Linux Mint.
    Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's acorn that held its ground.
  • ereke wrote:

Thanks to albions complete lack of security or caring, my laptop is fried.
    hmm fried?

ereke wrote:

A hacker used a script to fry my graphics card on my MacBook pro durring a GVG fight.
    A hacker? That sounds like some serious shit.

ereke wrote:

So devs dont care about your fried macbook. Thats rude! If i was in charge i would pay you off. Clearly there is enough evidence to close this case after quick payment. I dont want to risk my computer so i quit gvgs i think. Oh i quit gvgs 2 month ago. I feel safe now. Game cost me little more than 30$ tho. It has issues bro i feel you.

ereke wrote:

ya true
  • gmatagmis wrote:

Ravenar wrote:

Probably it's not about the game, but about the dust in cooling system.What age of your macbook?
    imgur.com/a/2vFVg
    Please check your fan dust OP.
  • Pay Me For My MacBook Pro

Hackers in your game permanently damaged my MacBook pro by damaging the graphics card with scripts durring a Gvg battle so it crash.

Taking part in the beta said nothing about risking the health of my computer. It's been two months since the incident and the Albion team has done nothing. I want compensation.