Questions about the state of the game.

• Questions about the state of the game.

So, as I posted about a day ago, I'm just starting to get back into the game, however I've done my homework and have seen a lot of worrisome discussions and topics. So I have a few questions until I decide I want to invest time into the game.(I'm a legendary founder)

1. Is it going to be p2w? I know this is a big discussion, but I've seen a lot of people leaving because they say it is.

2. Why is the game still in beta? I thought it was supposed to be released last year

3. Where are all the players? It's hard to want to get into a beta, when there's nobody around.

4. What do you think of the game currently?
  • Simpumba wrote:

So, as I posted about a day ago, I'm just starting to get back into the game, however I've done my homework and have seen a lot of worrisome discussions and topics. So I have a few questions until I decide I want to invest time into the game.(I'm a legendary founder)

1. Is it going to be p2w? I know this is a big discussion, but I've seen a lot of people leaving because they say it is.
    - Unless your definition of P2W is being able to buy Gold which can be turned into Silver, then No. IMO it is NOT P2W in any way...Everyone has access to the same shit

2. Why is the game still in beta? I thought it was supposed to be released last year
    - This was intended to be final beta but the Map changes turned out to not be what the player base wanted, so they are revamping the map again. Expecting Q3/Q4 Release 2017

3. Where are all the players? It's hard to want to get into a beta, when there's nobody around.
    - Same regards to last question, map is just too large. It was alright at the wipe because there was A LOT of players but the changes drove people away. Map is too big for how many people are playing.

- Personally, I'm still enjoying the game. I've kept up with all the updates and it looks like the Devs have finally figured out a solid direction to move towards. The recent recap videos are showing a lot of promise for cool new updates. I'm looking forward to it...
  • Rinza wrote:

100% just supporting the devs to live their lives through putting out beta after beta.
    The devs stated when they started this that it was one of their first projects ever together.

I dont know about you, but if I was making something like this, I would want it to be perfect too.

They CANT release the game right now, it would be completely illogical and would ruin them before they started. Too many self entitled assholes here that dont understand that
  • BRiCK wrote:

Rinza wrote:

100% just supporting the devs to live their lives through putting out beta after beta.
    The devs stated when they started this that it was one of their first projects ever together.
    I dont know about you, but if I was making something like this, I would want it to be perfect too.

They CANT release the game right now, it would be completely illogical and would ruin them before they started. Too many self entitled assholes here that dont understand that
    Same statement for how many alphas and betas?

FYI: I can at least move my gear out of the inventory before a GvG starts.
  • Domiy wrote:

vashangelarm wrote:

if sbi intends to make more games after albion online then the really need albion to be a good game at all costs
    Being in alpha/BETA for over 2 years is really doing a good job. And now the Q1 2017 release date got pushed back even further? I loved BETA 1, but having to wipe every X amount of months is bad.
    Wipe is not bad at all lol are you serious?

Frankly I wish they would wipe monthly but that would be impractical to test high end gear etc..

Lets see you make a game, I'll be the first to sign up.
  • Simpumba wrote:

1. Yes there will be some type of pay to win they have to make money.
    2. Totally agree the game should have came out last year.
    3. I have moved on to STO on Xbox 1 and Conan Exile.
    4. As soon as they add penalties for pvp in a pvp zone I was done playing in beta. Had hope maybe they would fix this before game came out but now it does not matter as Conan Exile has everything I am looking for in a game.
  • BRiCK wrote:

Rinza wrote:

They CANT release the game right now, it would be completely illogical and would ruin them before they started.
    Correct, this is the "state of the game" right now.
    Do I believe that it will turn out that in the background they are making 100 and 100 changes that will bring a brand new system? I do not. Since I guess that the money from packages was already used up.

This is Albion! Albion online is a big rush, a big rush after the first second of a fresh start till the end of that. A rush where you can be buffed greatly by buying gold for real money, but you have the opportunity to face and challenge everyone by massive amount of grind (with a 24/7 massive grinding, you can even have a chance vs gold buyers as a free player)
    The goal is: outgearing your opponents