Gold Market, Premium with Silver etc.

• Fooky wrote:

Stravanov wrote:

Yea, better get out the tin foil hat. Those people probably also think the Earth is flat.
    Hmm, I think being suspicious of a blind system that could easily be manipulated by the endless wallets of the Devs is a far cry from flat earth lunatics.
    If you had Unlimited Silver and Gold could you fix the price? You bet. Do they? Dunno but they could.

Taking them at their word without proof is not in my nature. Companies Lie or haven't you heard?
    Except, you weren't just being suspicious. You said that you suspect they are actually manipulating the gold price.

I'm all for being suspicious, as already explained. The devs should make the system much more transparent.
    https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/82954-Guide-What-order-to-level-items-in-to-get-the-most-specialization-for-your-time/
  • This is from my trading experience in the gold market @Saya, that is simply a large block of shares trying to get through. I was saying earlier I trade in 5000 blocks, and even those (which is an incredibly small amount of silver in the scheme of am economy) run the price up sometimes more than 20-25 silver during off peak hours.

The low liquidity as far as I can tell without a volume metric is anecdotally what is causing those spikes. It's also probably large blocks because it doesn't sit at the price. The large order gets filled, and then the price falls back down without the pressure. As a player who has tried to manipulate the market, I take exception at the statements like 'easily manipulated', it isn't. It is easy to shift the price as you buy, but the second you try and sell the gold you bought it collapses on itself from low volume.
  • Why would gold ever go down? Another sale?

The idea of the Devs manually manipulating the gold market is absurd. They just adjusted the discount rate and, for the most part, no one even noticed or cared. Why would they ever have to use a weaker lever then adjusting the discount, or putting it on sale? They wouldn't.
    Discord: Piddle#7413
  • Piddle wrote:

Why would gold ever go down? Another sale?

The idea of the Devs manually manipulating the gold market is absurd. They just adjusted the discount rate and, for the most part, no one even noticed or cared. Why would they ever have to use a weaker lever then adjusting the discount, or putting it on sale? They wouldn't.
    Well we actually do have a real silver sink now in respecc'ing... if hypothetically a lot of people respecced, it could remove a significant amount of silver from the economy which would cause gold to go down, but in reality I would expect gold to trend upwards. There are also people that are of the mindset "I want a rage claw" and are willing to drop $100 on the game to just buy one outright. So there is new gold coming into the system, but I would expect the price of gold to continually trend upwards.
  • Piddle wrote:

Why would gold ever go down? Another sale?

I think some of the people who brought this up have experienced the same kind of thing in EVE Online, where PLEX (basically gold) on banned accounts was stockpiled and occasionally used by the developers to put pressure on the market price of that item... basically this functioned as an additional money sink since all money on banned characters are effectively removed from the money supply, and also to help newer players get their subscriptions or premium easier...

I have not heard anything to suggest that SBI is doing that here, but it is actually quite common in game economies since you need a reasonable level of inflation at all times to balance against players going inactive...
    Bank of Albion
    Investments & Third-Party Services (ROFLMAO)
    Contact me via the Forums or Discord: Saya#4434
  • Fooky wrote:

Stravanov wrote:

Except, you weren't just being suspicious. You said that you suspect they are actually manipulating the gold price.
    Look up suspicious and suspect - lol
    Their suspiciously blind system makes me suspect them of manipulation.

If you want to trust them go ahead but don't try to convince me they are honest.
    The only real answer to all of this is that Fooky works for the developers, and is only acting crazy to make the whole idea seem crazy.

Clever plan SBI.

Prove my negative to be incorrect or else it is the truth!!
  • Piddle wrote:

Fooky wrote:

Stravanov wrote:

Look up suspicious and suspect - lolTheir suspiciously blind system makes me suspect them of manipulation.

If you want to trust them go ahead but don't try to convince me they are honest.
    The only real answer to all of this is that Fooky works for the developers, and is only acting crazy to make the whole idea seem crazy.
    Clever plan SBI.

Prove my negative to be incorrect or else it is the truth!!

LOL anyone that blindly trusts a company is an idiot. Have you never seen the news? Companies lie all the time and have to earn trust with transparency.

I say Everyone that says to blindly trust SBI must be working with them. Prove me wrong or it's the truth :)

I fail to see why not trusting a shadowy system is crazy. I say you are crazy if you trust it.
  • Fooky wrote:

LOL anyone that blindly trusts a company is an idiot. Have you never seen the news? Companies lie all the time and have to earn trust with transparency.

I say Everyone that says to blindly trust SBI must be working with them. Prove me wrong or it's the truth :)

I fail to see why not trusting a shadowy system is crazy. I say you are crazy if you trust it.
    I have a piece of paper that proves I am not crazy, but I won't show it to you. You will just have to take my word for it.
  • Piddle wrote:

Fooky wrote:

I have a piece of paper that proves I am not crazy, but I won't show it to you. You will just have to take my word for it.
    Had to be tested? How nice for you :)
  • Ok, here's another way they could manipulate without being super obvious. There are plenty of other ways they could push it higher... Like changing from 1000 to 1500 for the global discount calculation. I can prove they did that.

Lets say for example they want it to stay above 900s / g or any other amount they choose.

They could set up the market to buy random amounts every random number of minutes while it is below 900. Slowly pushing it back up.

Relatively small purchases Random 100 - 500 every random 20 - 120 minutes, 24 hours a day 7 days a week. They wouldn't even need to have any money, they could build the purchases into the market.

Can you prove they don't? I'm not saying they do and I can't prove they do but without a transparency you can't Know for sure.
  • Fooky wrote:

Piddle wrote:

Fooky wrote:

Had to be tested? How nice for you :)
    I think I like your quotes best on the forum Piddle. I was dying laughing the other night when you asked how that one guy who wanted 6 million a month for a farm came to the price. Keep up the good work.
  • How did this thread derail to dev suspicion... It is cartel / collection of ultra rich players who manipulate the market, not the devs.

Devs could do it, and they might if there is a legit reason to do so. But at this point I think it is some players doing the dirty work that in short term might help SBI (people need to use money instead of game grind) but might end up hurting them when more people quit because they feel they are forced to use money instead of choosing to use money.
    IGN/Discord : Ravenar#2076
    Join Albion
  • Ravenar wrote:

How did this thread derail to dev suspicion... It is cartel / collection of ultra rich players who manipulate the market, not the devs.

Devs could do it, and they might if there is a legit reason to do so. But at this point I think it is some players doing the dirty work that in short term might help SBI (people need to use money instead of game grind) but might end up hurting them when more people quit because they feel they are forced to use money instead of choosing to use money.
    Give me an example of how it works exactly. How much money can I be making if I want to get in on the gold manipulation racket? What kind of volume can I push through the gold market in say a week? How do I get the price to go down when I want? My problem is I don't own any gold, because I am so busy using silver to make more silver. I need a primer.
  • Piddle wrote:

I need a primer.
    I have only scratched the surface on the gold market. It is not very profitable activity. That is why I feel the price got stagnated around 750 for a long time. People just did not feel any need to play with it. Only after some people had other motivation to see the price set at different level was it manipulated.

1) Some people want to see the overall prices go up so they can sell their gear (transmuted and crafted using global discount) with profit. Gold price goes up, global discount goes down, little by little the market prices for everything start going up.

Selling T8.3 gear at 50% higher price is gonna make some people rich.

2) Some people play to win. To win, other need to lose. If global discount stays low, more people catch up with them and competition gets harder. Some people do not want that.

Keeping the crowd at the top small and tight.

How do you join? Spend 200 dollars on gold? Start first with some more lucrative business like trading actual resources, gear, etc to double your investment. Make friends who do the same and listen to what is happening. You might have joined the inside traders at some point.

Never pay market price for anything! Buy/Sell orders are your friends. Especially for gold.

Do not buy premium with silver. Instead set buy orders for gold each time you get nice amount of silver. You will be suprised how much cheaper you will get it than converting huge amount at market price when you decide to add more premium.

I am not one of those rich guys. I am poor DIY guy :D
    IGN/Discord : Ravenar#2076
    Join Albion