cursed staff changes in faye

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• cursed staff changes in faye

@Retroman
      I'm a great cursed staff user and I've recently been testing out some of the upcoming changes on the staging server.

Pre-faye:
      - If I walk out of QM with my 6.3 great cursed staff and walk up to a toad, it starts licking me with its giant tongue.
      - I cast an area of decay under it and soon it has three curse stacks on it and it dies shortly after my cast is finished. It licks me once during my cast, slightly reducing my cast time.
      - If it hadn't died so early, it probably would have received maybe two more hits of full stacked vile curse.

Post-faye:
      - If I walk out of QM with my 6.3 great cursed staff and walk up to a toad, it starts licking me with its giant tongue.
      - I cast an area of decay under it and soon it has three curse stacks on it. It licks me once during the cast, slightly reducing my cast time.
      - I'm only able to build 3 stacks of vile curse up on the toad before my cast is over. This means that my (non-full) vile curse stacks to massively less damage to the toad post-Faye.
      - The vile curse wears off and the toad still lives! 6.3 E-slot spell doesn't even kill a T3 toad!

This feels like a _massive_ nurf to vile curse/area of decay to me and I'm not sure if this was intended to be this way. My impression was that the total damage output of area of decay should be unchanged.
      Are you sure the hit rate for area of decay has been updated properly as the patch notes say? Maybe the hit rate should go up further?

UPDATE: I've actually played Faye a bit now on the test server and the cursed staff changes play fine in group play. @MODs please delete this thread.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von l3iggs ()

• l3iggs schrieb:

@Retroman
      I'm a great cursed staff user and I've recently been testing out some of the upcoming changes on the staging server.

Pre-faye:
      - I cast an area of decay under it and soon it has three curse stacks on it and it dies shortly after my cast is finished. It licks me once during my cast, slightly reducing my cast time.
      - If it hadn't died so early, it probably would have received maybe two more hits of full stacked vile curse.

Post-faye:
      - I cast an area of decay under it and soon it has three curse stacks on it. It licks me once during the cast, slightly reducing my cast time.
      - I'm only able to build 3 stacks of vile curse up on the toad before my cast is over. This means that my (non-full) vile curse stacks to massively less damage to the toad post-Faye.
      - The vile curse wears off and the toad still lives! 6.3 E-slot spell doesn't even kill a T3 toad!

This feels like a _massive_ nurf to vile curse/area of decay to me and I'm not sure if this was intended to be this way. My impression was that the total damage output of area of decay should be unchanged.
      Are you sure the hit rate for area of decay has been updated properly as the patch notes say? Maybe the hit rate should go up further?
      With the new Q ability as well, I think it more than makes up for that 'nerf'. The curse staff is now the ultimate kiting weapon. Might be unbeatable by melee...
    • This is how the math looks with what the OP is speaking of...

The hit interval pre patch is 1.5s with 3 stacks max, post is 1.2s with 4 stacks max (25% base damage nerf to account for extra stack)

Typically, 1 stack will be applied the moment the ability is cast, pre patch this means it takes 3 seconds to apply the other 2 stacks.

Post patch, it will require 3.6 seconds to apply the remaining 3 stacks.

All in all, it takes .6 of a second longer to apply max stacks.