Durability of items

• I think durability for axes and pickaxes and such is fine.

But yes, armour and weapons wear down very very fast. I try to stay out of combat as much as possible, but even then I my weapons can't get through 2 gathering--rounds.
  • Hi guys,

the durability increases per tier. We will always work on such topics and it is a key issue. We are mostly concerned about the economy for the game and that items have a real value and therefore the item sink must be correct.

So we will have a look at the durability again. What also is the case currently that the monsters are a bit easier to do then we planned for, but wll have a look at the numbers and try to balance it so it feels better.

Kind regards,
    Stefan
  • I carry around 2 sets of equipment for a walk on the map...

I did not notice any difference between the durability of T1~T3 items. I'm saving items Tier 3 for pvp only because it is well insane trying to keep my char all the time with better equipment.
  • Bercilak wrote:

Hi guys,

the durability increases per tier. We will always work on such topics and it is a key issue. We are mostly concerned about the economy for the game and that items have a real value and therefore the item sink must be correct.

So we will have a look at the durability again. What also is the case currently that the monsters are a bit easier to do then we planned for, but wll have a look at the numbers and try to balance it so it feels better.

Kind regards,
    Stefan

T3 sword, costs 200 silver, 24 iron, 12 steel, a handful of emeralds and amethyst. I fought ONE veteran heretic thief, and it ate 5 durability =/ from my weapon ALONE. If i used a set of t3 gear, and i hunted those guys, the silver they drop would not pay for the silver price of crafting for the gear, let alone the resources ! If repairs cost silver, killing 1 mob will not pay for the damage.

Treat weapons and armor like tools, Tools have a much better exchange rate of Tool vs resources earned, i can make a ton of t2 axes/picks with the resources i get from two of them.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Khor ().

• Hey guys,

as I said we will look into it. But this is a topic where subjective impressions quickly can create a false truth.

@Khor
    Good example, but also consider that you can easily beat the Veteran Heretic with T1 equipment. PLUS regarding Mobs it depends how long they live. So I could imagine that you can buy a complete T1 set for 5 silver later in the game which allows you to kill 8-10 T2 heretics which on average drop eventually 3-5 silver each.

But don't worry we will look into it and see what the numbers say. It also should feel right ofc and we get it that a lot of you feel it is loosing to fast durability. But also understand that it is a very delegate topic where we should not make too quick decisions since it has such a huge influence on the economy.

Kind regards,
    Stefan
  • I can understand the decay rate of items and the balance vs the economy being a delicate issue, but the rate at which weapons and armor are destroyed is just silly right now. One should at least be able to walk to a dungeon, complete said dungeon and make it out without having items destroyed on the walk to the dungeon. I personally have not liked the focus that many games place on items aka the shinies but items should not behave as if they were made of paper mâché. I have died in combat from having my items beaten off of me.

I would like to see items not lose durability so fast, and I would also like to see a hammer or stone or something that allows a player to repair his items on the fly.
  • i agree with the feeling that armor and weapons break much much too fast.
    I like the idea of stuff actually breaking, but if you burn through everything you can carry in about 15-30 minutes of gameplay it really becomes a tedious task to go back to base every 20 minutes to re-equip.

my gut tells me, if you would up the durability 2~3 times its current decay rate it would be an okay balance between fast enough decay (which is important) and having enough time to actually enjoy playing the game and killing stuff
  • Bercilak wrote:

Hi guys,

just to let you know that we very likely will increase the durability significantly.

Kr,
    Stefan

I think the 'durability doubles per tier' is good, but higher tiers should be more resistant against lower tier threats. Its just not cost-efficient using them in a lot of cases. Tier 3 armor should just be impervious to t1 attacks, and resistant to t2.

Also worth noting, you've clearly gone the holy trinity route, but why is taunt a 'sword' skill ? Really seems like it would be on a shield or armor. Since 'tanks' will be eating aggro, they'll be taking a lot more punches than other people, they shouldnt be punished for this with a repair bill, so maybe aggro skills come with durability buffs.
  • Items need much higher durability, you should be able to fight hard for several hours, before breakage.

But never be impervious from lower tier items. The Developers want lower tier players to have a chance against higher level players. Think about it, a hardcore guild zooms out of the gate in the beginning, in 2-3 weeks, their in full T6. Casual players wouldn't stand a chance.
  • Zarf wrote:

Items need much higher durability, you should be able to fight hard for several hours, before breakage.

But never be impervious from lower tier items. The Developers want lower tier players to have a chance against higher level players. Think about it, a hardcore guild zooms out of the gate in the beginning, in 2-3 weeks, their in full T6. Casual players wouldn't stand a chance.

oh i didnt mean you'd be invincible, just that t1 mobs couldnt hurt the durability of t3 gear, and t2 would do less, and t3 normal.
  • Khor wrote:

I think the 'durability doubles per tier' is good, but higher tiers should be more resistant against lower tier threats. Its just not cost-efficient using them in a lot of cases. Tier 3 armor should just be impervious to t1 attacks, and resistant to t2.

I actually would disagree here since it is a great mechanic. Someone has to decide if he uses his T7 armor to grief some noobs, if he thinks it is worth it, cause financially it is not worth it. Which item you are wearing for which reason becomes more important that way.

But in general the higher the tier the more durability an armor will have. it is already like this. Your T3 armor lasts longer then your T2.

Kind regards,
    Stefan
  • Bercilak wrote:

Khor wrote:

I actually would disagree here since it is a great mechanic

O.o ? I didnt suggest removing anything :o did you mean to say you agree with my durability resistance against tier, or did you mean to call it a bad mechanic ? Its mostly just concerning PvE, hunting lower tier mobs in high tier armor since it wont take damage, but there is the risk of being pked for it still