Angepinnt Learning Points and Alt Characters Discussion

• Its kept because passive levelling will have some whales pay for the game to passively "level" their character "just in case" they return to the game.

Its free money in other words.

Had alts not had focus points, it wouldn't have been a problem to the game at all.
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/82954-Guide-What-order-to-level-items-in-to-get-the-most-specialization-for-your-time/
    • With Albion's current population, and with a steam release somewhere in the future bringing in tons of players far behind the curve, is now a better time to discuss the learning point situation? Is there any changes to be made to fame or to the lp system in the future?

Would you ever consider allowing Learning Points to be shared account wide, like how gold is, but only with any of your characters who have premium. It'd keeps the P2W feature that's already there. You'd need to buy premium to get the LP building up on an alt. Only now people would be incentivised to buy premium for all three characters, instead of just 1 or 2. That's more silver out of the game, more people subscribing for premium for their characters, etc.

@Korn @H4n1baL
    • So you think it's normal the use all the LPs of all the characters in just one? In that way increasing even more the difference for the richest in the game for others!

Not to mention, that this would change a feature of the game, (created to give some level of progression to a more casual player in a limited way) and make this feature in a P2W functionality!

Nop, and i have 3 character with Premium since release and one is just for water gardens and nothing else (FULL LP held)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von LordSilva ()

• One of the main benefits of learning points is to help offset the large grind in this game. But a lot of that is needed because of poor choices on the part of the player as they learn more about the game or find out what the current meta is, or the meta simply shifts.

Would at least some of that be resolved if they introduced a way to reassign fame?
    • learning points exacerbate the grind. Learning points merely force you to only develop into a specific(ish) role since the amount of fame needed to achieve anything is so high that all progression is then amplified along that specific path. This is not sometging that helps any casual, especially not those with less time as it was purportedly intended.

All it means is that the non lp progression is devalued and slow. This actually sets the casual waaaaay behind the hardcore and especially behind those willing to pay multiple subs and manage multiple accounts. The second oldest p2w aspect of the game.
    • Raithe schrieb:

learning points exacerbate the grind. Learning points merely force you to only develop into a specific(ish) role since the amount of fame needed to achieve anything is so high that all progression is then amplified along that specific path. This is not sometging that helps any casual, especially not those with less time as it was purportedly intended.

All it means is that the non lp progression is devalued and slow. This actually sets the casual waaaaay behind the hardcore and especially behind those willing to pay multiple subs and manage multiple accounts. The second oldest p2w aspect of the game.
      Just to add some numbers to this:
      Grinding from 0-90 spec in a non-artifact item takes 110 hours without LP. This can be reduced to 33 hours if you spend 78 days' worth of LP. This is assuming 200k fame per hour, which is probably a bit high for the average player.

This might not sound like much. I was personally surprised how fast I got 90 spec in 1h fire staff.

The problem arises when you find out that you need to replace your druid helm with a mercenary helm. Or that you need to use another weapon to fit into your group's team. All of a sudden you need to invest another 110 hours. Or wait 78 days for the LP to accumulate.

I played a recent WoW expansion. Grinding a character from lvl 100-110 took 15 hours. This allowed me to grind several characters up, which gave me the flexibility that we don't have in this game.
      I'm not saying that maxing an item should take 15 hours. But at least cutting the time/LP requirement in half would come a long way. Random Joe who spent all his time levelling a useless set won't just straight up quit at the thought of having to grind another set up.

Maybe a solution would be to just make the exponential curve more exponential (I don't have the right words to say what I want to say). Reduce the time needed to grind to 75 spec, but keep the time needed to grind to 100 the same. This would make it faster for people to become "competitive" in a certain set. But keep the time needed to "master" a set the same.
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/82954-Guide-What-order-to-level-items-in-to-get-the-most-specialization-for-your-time/
    • if you can be whatever you want inside the game just train, why have another character? does not make any sense.alts damage the game! the LP system is good however flawed at the time the game has alts.one solution is the focus points and LP being one per account. Used in the main or alts used in all.this would not stop hard core gamers from buying other accounts and doing the same thing.to solve this by just removing that system.dayle quest do not think a good, want more casual players? improve PVE