Can we please remove Alt characters from the game?

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Archiemedis schrieb:

Just ignore Brick. You can also ignore Stomrlord on this one, Flufferpope has the honor of being read, but jumped on wrong conclusions imo, Coffeelord is a hater and that sums up "the other camp".

Smart feedback can be seen by Pasky, Farming, OneTyper, Amon, Snowman, Superdad (did not hear anythign from him, might be gone), E.haze and many more.

Of course this is just a personal opinion and comes with as little or as much truth as there is.
    Data is in @Archiemedis

you guys are wrong

this thread is wrong

it is not as big an issue you just dont like it.

(was worried people weren't getting what i meant and it looks like archy didn't click the link i put in the previous post)

Honor of being read!? elitist much?

CLS Discord

discord.gg/KBRtYpD

CL FREEDOM!!!

tinyurl.com/yam796xd
  • Stormlord schrieb:

Archiemedis schrieb:

Just ignore Brick. You can also ignore Stomrlord on this one, Flufferpope has the honor of being read, but jumped on wrong conclusions imo, Coffeelord is a hater and that sums up "the other camp".

Smart feedback can be seen by Pasky, Farming, OneTyper, Amon, Snowman, Superdad (did not hear anythign from him, might be gone), E.haze and many more.

Of course this is just a personal opinion and comes with as little or as much truth as there is.
    Data is in @Archiemedis

you guys are wrong

this thread is wrong

(was worried people weren't getting what i meant and it looks like archy didn't click the link i put in the previous post)

Ill type this so my response doesn't get deleted this time:

ATTEMPT # 3 - As politically correct as a BLM Feminist (Elsa) writing to congratulate the PC police (SBI), making sure to use all of the correct gender pronouns as to not offend anyone.

Point1 : The stated Learning point Changes in the poll asked weather the proposed changes that they wanted to make were important. They never asked if LP should be removed or not. Many of us say that their proposed changes are garbage, and thus not important.

Point2 : Any poll created by a group with a vested interest (they already picked a side of the argument), is going to be biased. Any poll where the group with the vested intrest creates, counts the "votes", and tells you the outcome is comedy. Basically a North Korean election.....

Point3 : Most people who have been driven away from the game because of LP (and other issues) probably marked your poll as spam. The majority who are answering are the ones who have stuck around and are happy with your systems, giving a biased result.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Farming ()

• Well, Devs need advice from us what to offer for players who bought tons of account to make more effective gameplayer for themself which stuck them in this point where normal players - who care - go away.

Here is mine:
    Give them money back, remove fcking chain from Your hands and take control! Give the game change to not die after 1month...

Kingsly schrieb:

It's easy.. no alts, no lp, and make progress hard. Work for your progress and often socialize while enjoying other things in the game too. Old school sandbox, please and thank you.
    That was an Idea why devs make a game - make a old School game, and why game get hyped so hard... I dont know, rly, why they forgot about it.

In other point of view, I would like to believe, Devs already knew this, but want to tissue us even more ;D
    Yours Sincerely,
    Priest of Life & Death.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von Qolkkalom ()

• Stormlord schrieb:

Data is in @Archiemedis

you guys are wrong

this thread is wrong

Stormlord schrieb:

Farming schrieb:

Point1 : The stated Learning point Changes in the poll asked weather the proposed changes that they wanted to make were important. They never asked if LP should be removed or not. Many of us say that their proposed changes are garbage, and thus not important.

Point2 : Any poll created by a group with a vested interest (they already picked a side of the argument), is going to be biased. Any poll where the group with the vested intrest creates, counts the "votes", and tells you the outcome is comedy. Basically a North Korean election.....

Point3 : Most people who have been driven away from the game because of LP (and other issues) probably marked your poll as spam. The majority who are answering are the ones who have stuck around and are happy with your systems, giving a biased result.
    Sorry for being too honest, but Farming - again - proved how sadly ignorant any statement actually IS, when based on these polls. I like you, Stormlord, but for this topic i don't see much ground for anyone who can not see behind a facade.

Good job, @Farming. Hopefully this one reached more people.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Archiemedis ()

• Alts in Albion Online make absolutely no sense gameplay wise. There is no limit on destiny board nodes, you can unlock everything without any restrictions if you put enough time and LP into it.

Alts are basically free additional private islands and free LP, they are nothing else.

Please remove them, they add nothing good to the game.

Of course some people will just buy more accounts and use those as alts.. let them! It's a ton of money for SI and if someone wants to do that there is little to stop them. That's fine, just stop forcing a casual player to also have 3 characters to have any chance at all in this game.
  • Vlyn schrieb:

Of course some people will just buy more accounts and use those as alts.. let them! It's a ton of money for SI and if someone wants to do that there is little to stop them. That's fine, just stop forcing a casual player to also have 3 characters to have any chance at all in this game.
    I think you might be missing one important point. having premium on an alt is not that different from having another account with a premium character.

So if alts are removed now it just means more people will be having multiple accounts instead of alts on same account.

The point is the cost of premium is the same, no matter if it is 3 alts on one account or three accounts with one premium each.

or am I missing something?

If they do remove alts now I would want to split my account with 2 legendary founder packs to 2 different accounts. (bought the second one before multiple accounts were made allowed) I think I may not be alone there.
    IGN : Ravenar
    Discord : Ravenar#2076
    Trial Keys on Request!
  • Vlyn schrieb:

Alts in Albion Online make absolutely no sense gameplay wise. There is no limit on destiny board nodes, you can unlock everything without any restrictions if you put enough time and LP into it.

Alts are basically free additional private islands and free LP, they are nothing else.

Please remove them, they add nothing good to the game.

You are right on this making no sense in term of gameplay, character slots flits mmos like themeparks with fixed classes so you can have at least one for each class in the same account and try everything without deleting previous characters. Here there is no fixed classes to choose but as you said a "free to completely unlock at your pace" destiny board, there is even no room for fancy cash shop dress up interest to cater players through multiple dressed up characters, let's be honest here this game has so barebone low poly graphic with flat colours and really multiple character slots doesn't even makes sense there in that context as well imho.

But... but... the devs are stubborn enough so we perhaps should let them try out their own rebalance and then if things go south, we can blame them not with one, but two pitchforks and push them to really make drastic changes, once for all. If the game feels fair enough by then, we can focus on other pressing issues before release.
  • solventh schrieb:

you would have to pay more. that would at least do some level of decrease in the number of people using alts. not every1 here earns good money. this would also make SBI richer. win-win. sure, it is not a absolute solution but at least it has an effect.
    Not sure about that. If they did make it one character per account and LP still there (like it seems it will be), and I was joining the game now. I might take 3 Veteran Founder packs rather than one Legendary pack. The alts and LP are just that good.

3 * 29,95 = 89,85 < 99,95

Sure you would get less gold (3 * 2000 instead of 12.000) but 3 accounts with 30 days of premium each.
    Trial Keys on Request!
  • Ravenar schrieb:

solventh schrieb:

you would have to pay more. that would at least do some level of decrease in the number of people using alts. not every1 here earns good money. this would also make SBI richer. win-win. sure, it is not a absolute solution but at least it has an effect.
    Not sure about that. If they did make it one character per account and LP still there (like it seems it will be), and I was joining the game now. I might take 3 Veteran Founder packs rather than one Legendary pack. The alts and LP are just that good.
    3 * 29,95 = 89,85 < 99,95

Sure you would get less gold but 3 accounts with 30 days of premium each.
    Do not forget that the mounts you get with the top package are one of the key elements for certain player to create wealth in the first few days without anyone producing/selling them.
  • solventh schrieb:

who told you that everyone only buys 100$ pack?
    No one? That is a good point I missed. Thank you.

So it is ok that the guys with one 29,95 package are stuck with one character and the guys considering a legendary are given option to get 3 veteran packages instead? I did get legendary from the start and got another just after starting my first beta. So talking about my experience.

@OneTyper yea, horsey is fun for the first 5 days. But LP is still the most valuable thing in game.
    Trial Keys on Request!
  • Ravenar schrieb:

solventh schrieb:

who told you that everyone only buys 100$ pack?
    No one? That is a good point I missed. Thank you.
    So it is ok that the guys with one 29,95 package are stuck with one character and the guys considering a legendary are given option to get 3 veteran packages instead? I did get legendary from the start and got another just after starting my first beta. So talking about my experience.

@OneTyper yea, horsey is fun for the first 5 days. But LP is still the most valuable thing in game.
    People hauling large amount (thanks to the Ox) of stuff during the first days to very well calculated routes is going to be way more important (and profitable) than the LP produced value during those few initial days, that's the time where very unstable markets are going to make huge profits and turned to gold, pretty much the one time opportunity that can make you enough gold to pay premium for years to come :)
    So any multiaccounters will really want to have at least a legendary, and then whatever.
  • Farming schrieb:

Stormlord schrieb:

Archiemedis schrieb:

Data is in @Archiemedis

you guys are wrong

this thread is wrong

Ill type this so my response doesn't get deleted this time:
    ATTEMPT # 3 - As politically correct as a BLM Feminist (Elsa) writing to congratulate the PC police (SBI), making sure to use all of the correct gender pronouns as to not offend anyone.

Thanks for the response and as you can - and hey I'm not looking for likes here either ;)

Point 1- Importance to the player community is EVERYTHING man,they are the players! - it is not important to them! they want effort placed into pve content INTO GUILD MANAGMENT (holy jesus yes) not this trifle.

Point 2 - straight back at this thread man - the counter bias is everywhere - I am the only one defending consistently other the the devs - this is a complete circle jerk that does not reflect the only ACTUAL data provided - you don't like loyalty points and ergo you will not look at the devs feedback - you will not listen to reason and some of you will not actually bring up a relevant point.

I counter because what drove me from the game wasn't loyalty at all - as a player of this game what drove me away was the pve content (repetitive) and the god awful guild management mechanics

Point 3 - ummm this wasn't my poll - this was the official data from S.I - you can check the post here (really wondering if ANYONE check the update on the website any more)

albiononline.com/en/news/finalbeta-survey-results

solventh schrieb:

are all voting players experts of mmo mechanics? no.

this equal vote diversion only and only shows that the game has lots of important, unsolved and essential problems.

but the main problem is: SLOW DEVELOPMENT SPEED.
    uummm yeah they are beta testers and competent - they are ingame explaining what needs work as they need it day by day.

they play mmos - we don't need elitists coming a pouring crap all over a official poll just because they cannot handle the truth.

Development Speed - hey wouldn't it be nice if people ... you know - stop telling them they have to keep going back to change things?

Archiemedis schrieb:

Stormlord schrieb:

Data is in @Archiemedis

you guys are wrong

this thread is wrong

Stormlord schrieb:

Sorry for being too honest, but Farming - again - proved how sadly ignorant any statement actually IS, when based on these polls. I like you, Stormlord, but for this topic i don't see much ground for anyone who can not see behind a facade.
    Good job, @Farming. Hopefully this one reached more people.
    Archy I am tired of betas - tired of the dev team putting out fires - tired of people not reading the feedback.

what you propose and I will fight is changing something that the people do not regard as important at this time.

I appreciate honesty but please actually respect mine.

PS - to maintain O.P - the alts are another trifle.

CLS Discord

discord.gg/KBRtYpD

CL FREEDOM!!!

tinyurl.com/yam796xd
  • Ravenar schrieb:

Vlyn schrieb:

I think you might be missing one important point. having premium on an alt is not that different from having another account with a premium character.
    So if alts are removed now it just means more people will be having multiple accounts instead of alts on same account.

The point is the cost of premium is the same, no matter if it is 3 alts on one account or three accounts with one premium each.

or am I missing something?

If they do remove alts now I would want to split my account with 2 legendary founder packs to 2 different accounts. (bought the second one before multiple accounts were made allowed) I think I may not be alone there.
    It is a BIG difference. Atm, those that OVERUSE alts, can overuse them for free as we all have 3 slots (those people are hardcores since casuals wouldn't bother wasting time). Now, we wipe alts, and get only one slot per account. Alt usage will be severely lowered, why? Because, instead of free alt slots, you now need to buy a NEW account, not many want that probably, all of you guys probably did it just for the 3 extra slots, but now, 20$ for an alt is BULL LOADS, people will spend time on working on one character and possibly instead of wasting money on more alts, they will upgrade their founders more likely (like me, I am still an epic). Now, why is this not P2w, or rather (like how most of you seem to say) isn't this P2W? No. P2w is when you are required to buy something to win; so how does another alt make a difference? Isn't it better to have one character with both jobs instead of one character for each? Your way of thinking has no sense whatsoever, because RIGHT NOW, Albion is P2W as it is the alts that decide the whole game. If they wipe alts, this game won't be P2w.
    Add the BETA 1 LP system, perhaps nerfed to 10% this time, and everything should be back to normal.

Yes, there still will be alts, but alts will actually be supported by SBI, and instead of being (kind of) ripped off by lack of real money gain (because the game is literally dying), if alters try their tricks again, SBI wins, the alters lose because they lose money and waste time.

Problem Fixed!