Can we please remove Alt characters from the game?

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• SpooN04 schrieb:

if you make each class/gathering skill/crafting skill harder and cost more time and LP then people will want to make alts to specialize in each class/gathering skill/crafting skill.. it's literally the same problem we have now you're just saying to add more of a grind, which would just mean people have to work harder on their alts but it doesn't remove the problem with alts..it would actually inspire more people who don't use specialized alts to start using alts because the grind wall would be TOO big for just 1 character.the problem with alts is a byproduct of the LP system. Remove LP and you remove the benefit/need of specialized alts the way they r being used now. Everyone knows this, even the devs know this.
    you dont get it. as only one person do you have 5000 hours to complete only one skill line in destiny's board? (e.g. t8 bags)

open millions of characters as ONE person. you dont have 5000 hours for each line to complete them in your millions of accounts. you are only one person.

"the only way would be opening 4-5 clients simultaneously." even you open multi clients, now you have to control them by macro tools, etc. cause you are not a octopus.
  • solventh schrieb:

you dont get it. as only one person do you have 5000 hours to complete only one skill line in destiny's board? (e.g. t8 bags)
    open millions of characters as ONE person. you dont have 5000 hours for each line to complete them in your millions of accounts. you are only one person.

"the only way would be opening 4-5 clients simultaneously." even you open multi clients, now you have to control them by macro tools, etc. cause you are not a octopus.
    You do realize LP accumulates over time whether you're logged in or not right?

So let me get this straight, your solution to people abusing LP on specialized alts is to make the grind so overbearing that it will alienate half of the community and make everything take forever... this will somehow inspire someone to use 1 character to do all the things he wants to do that take 5000+ hours each on 1 character rather than use an alt with 300+ LP banked up for gathering, another alt with another 300+ LP banked for crafting and another alt with 300LP to combat?
    you're saying that because people need to work harder they will decide that their 1 character with 300LP can do this better than 3 toons with a combined 900LP ?

Is this what you're saying?
  • SpooN04 schrieb:

So let me get this straight, your solution to people abusing LP on specialized alts is to make the grind so overbearing that it will alienate half of the community and make everything take forever... this will somehow inspire someone to use 1 character to do all the things he wants to do that take 5000+ hours each on 1 character rather than use an alt with 300+ LP banked up for gathering, another alt with another 300+ LP banked for crafting and another alt with 300LP to combat?
    you're saying that because people need to work harder they will decide that their 1 character with 300LP can do this better than 3 toons with a combined 900LP ?

it would not ALIENATE the players. it would force them to choose their most loved classes and start grinding for them. at least, that s my opinion.

man, you are tiring me. i dont like wasting time on meaningless discussions with people here. i gave the idea for the devs, not for you. you wanna argue over it? sure you can, but do it without me. i tried to tell you the mechanism and you still ask questions.

who cares if lp accumulates or not if it takes 5000 hours to complete one line? you would already go play another game after 5000 hours, maybe. would you open a alt and wait for 5000 hours+ and then let s say after 9 months relogin and fulfill one line in its destiny board? i dont think you would. even if you would do i would bring some special blockade mechanism to prevent that.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von solventh ()

• solventh schrieb:

man, you are tiring me. i dont like wasting time on meaningless discussions with people here. i gave the idea for the devs, not for you. you wanna argue over it? sure you can, but do it without me. i tried to tell you the mechanism and you still ask questions.
    who cares if lp accumulates or not if it takes 5000 hours to complete one line? you would already go play another game after 5000 hours, maybe. would you open a alt and wait for 5000 hours+ and then let s say after 9 months relogin and fulfill one line in its destiny board? i dont think you would. even if you would do i would bring some special blockade mechanism to prevent that.
    yaaaaa... I don't think you're all there. Think to yourself, if it took a really long time to unlock things how much easier it would be to focus 1 area one 1 alt with LP and focus another area with your main with LP.... thats the problem we have now. I'm not sure how you think adding more of a grind would help the alt abuse system when anyone with the ability of thought can see that would only make more people use alts. Please delete system 32
  • SpooN04 schrieb:

yaaaaa... I don't think you're all there. Think to yourself, if it took a really long time to unlock things how much easier it would be to focus 1 area one 1 alt with LP and focus another area with your main with LP.... thats the problem we have now. I'm not sure how you think adding more of a grind would help the alt abuse system when anyone with the ability of thought can see that would only make more people use alts. Please delete system 32
    my proof is the number of TOOLS CRAFTERS in the game at the moment. devs can check the actual total number of characters who crafts t6 or t7 tools. i m done trying to make you understand, thanks.
  • solventh schrieb:

my proof is the number of TOOLS CRAFTERS in the game at the moment. devs can check the actual total number of characters who crafts t6 or t7 tools. i m done trying to make you understand, thanks.
    sorry but citing proof then not producing the numbers required to back up that actual proof is problematic. Yes I know you dont have them, but you are making the numbers up because you assume but you actually dont know
  • Snorri schrieb:

solventh schrieb:

SpooN04 schrieb:

sorry but citing proof then not producing the numbers required to back up that actual proof is problematic. Yes I know you dont have them, but you are making the numbers up because you assume but you actually dont know
    I dont even get what you´re arguing about.
    tool-crafting is inbalanced progress/mechanic compared to normal crafting - the devs know that and are already working on improving it.

also, I dont get what tools have to do with splitting progress on alts instead of focusing on main - cant do mind-reading, sry m8.
    is it that: tools are annoying to lvl-up and should therefore be the standard for other activities, time/reward-wise?

doing big jumps in your logic/explanation does not benefit the discussion, if other people cant follow you.
    (and making big jumps isnt a sign of being smart...i could remove every 2nd sentence I write, still knowing what I mean, but you wont understand sh!t)

did you do any math on those numbers you suggested?
    5000+ hours for 1 activity to t8 equals 500days(over 1 year) of 10hours/day doing that single activity. for "casuals" with 2h/day that'd be 7 years until they have 1(!) thing to t8...maybe then realize that its not what they wanted :D
    and dont come at me with "that was just an example"-crap. if you want your arguments to matter - make them halfway realistic.
    (e.g. 250h per t8-unlock...would still be 1 month of 10h/day nothing other then focusing that 1 activity - still too hardcore)

Edit: i quoted both of you guys, but my beef is with the one making less sense^^
  • solventh schrieb:

SpooN04 schrieb:

it would not ALIENATE the players. it would force them to choose their most loved classes and start grinding for them. at least, that s my opinion.

Kid, you need to realize that when you post on a forum giving an opinion, you better prepare yourself to defend your reasoning. But all you ever do is run away and claim you left it for the devs, not them.

He's refuted your opinion with logical reasoning and you're running from it.
  • If this was advertised as a proper sandbox product with large variety of system to immerse yourself in (without any pvp emphasis), you could marketise the needs of a virtual endless progression system that takes 1000s hours and where player wouldn't focus/care on maximise the end gear as primary objective, but due to the sandbox pvp term introduced people expect ding ding pvp and fast enough, and therefore this game needs a certain progression curve to answer the needs of a playerbase that wants pvp. Labeling title sandbox pvp is a curse and blessing, blessing because you attract a larger userbase especially pvp players which is a large enough market in the fantasy mmo starving for interesting products, and a curse because the dynamics and expectations of pure pvp and sandbox players are radically different and to meet in a middle point is tough challenge, which starts arguments like "too much walking or progression walls to find meaningful pvp" to "sandbox elements are too little, simple and boring". Without mentioning that is this challenge has a small indie group behind, there is so much they can do in a reasonable time.

Merging sandbox and pvp seems to make sense but it's a double edged sword and you as developer are bound to take a burden and strong conflicting opinions in your quest to create a product that fulfil both userbase.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von OneTyper ()

• BRiCK schrieb:

Kid, you need to realize that when you post on a forum giving an opinion, you better prepare yourself to defend your reasoning. But all you ever do is run away and claim you left it for the devs, not them.
    He's refuted your opinion with logical reasoning and you're running from it.
    that post is sent to korn, etc. check carefully. i dont have much time to discuss about it with people who like to harass and offend people. cause i m a 36 year old kid, you know.
  • solventh schrieb:

BRiCK schrieb:

Kid, you need to realize that when you post on a forum giving an opinion, you better prepare yourself to defend your reasoning. But all you ever do is run away and claim you left it for the devs, not them.He's refuted your opinion with logical reasoning and you're running from it.
    that post is sent to korn, etc. check carefully. i dont have much time to discuss about it with people who like to harass and offend people. cause i m a 36 year old kid, you know.
    It doesnt matter who it was directed at, you cant expect a Developer to implement your idea without hearing the thoughts of other players.
  • Just ignore Brick. You can also ignore Stomrlord on this one, Flufferpope has the honor of being read, but jumped on wrong conclusions imo, Coffeelord is a hater and that sums up "the other camp".

Smart feedback can be seen by Pasky, Farming, OneTyper, Amon, Snowman, Superdad (did not hear anythign from him, might be gone), E.haze and many more.

Of course this is just a personal opinion and comes with as little or as much truth as there is.
  • Archiemedis schrieb:

Just ignore Brick. You can also ignore Stomrlord on this one, Flufferpope has the honor of being read, but jumped on wrong conclusions imo, Coffeelord is a hater and that sums up "the other camp".

Smart feedback can be seen by Pasky, Farming, OneTyper, Amon, Snowman, Superdad (did not hear anythign from him, might be gone), E.haze and many more.

Of course this is just a personal opinion and comes with as little or as much truth as there is.
    Not very surprising. But I certainly and totally agree about ignoring Brick. His name literally states he is a brick.