Can we please remove Alt characters from the game?

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Wvatha schrieb:

Even I agree removing alts won't be the solution.Because there are lots of ppl who uses multi accounts.
    Who are you and why should it matter that you agree or not?

The point is 3 characters per account+ multi accounting = even more useless specializations

If they remove alts then the people that are multi accounting will only have 1 or 2 more characters instead of 5 or 8, now simple math says that 1 is less then 8 and self reliance wont be that easy to obtain, and for people that do use multiple account for those 1-2 alts well i dont find it as big of a deal as having 5 or more alts. In the end the company will earn more this way then having more alts on same account. and the mindset will have to change to adapt to the new system so people will have to specialize.
  • Frostweaver schrieb:

Wvatha schrieb:

Even I agree removing alts won't be the solution.Because there are lots of ppl who uses multi accounts.
    Who are you and why should it matter that you agree or not?
    The point is 3 characters per account+ multi accounting = even more useless specializations

If they remove alts then the people that are multi accounting will only have 1 or 2 more characters instead of 5 or 8, now simple math says that 1 is less then 8 and self reliance wont be that easy to obtain, and for people that do use multiple account for those 1-2 alts well i dont find it as big of a deal as having 5 or more alts. In the end the company will earn more this way then having more alts on same account. and the mindset will have to change to adapt to the new system so people will have to specialize.
    Having 9 accounts instead of 3 isnt a problem. For some of us $ isnt an issues. By removing characters on an account your just raising the price bar of p2w in the game.
    Hell with the way LP works id say let players have 100 character slots per account to remove the p2w element from buying multiple accounts instead of removing characters making it cost more to pay for the same exact advantage (leaving the poor in even worse condition).
  • But the economy would be better of with multiple accounts and less alts. If there are less players with the same roles and specialization. The game would have a healthier and better economy.

Right now the market crashed because of this. Too many people or alts can do and specialize in the smae roles. If the economy is terible right now, with a very low population, just imagine a full population with alts. T5 items would cost 1 silver.
  • Papagoat schrieb:

T5 items would cost 1 silver.
    no they would not.

prices of armor will ALWAYS follow the resource-prices.
    you can create 100 alts and learn to craft every fcking item - you won't change a thing at the market (and by market I mean the "balanced" ones, e.g. queensmarket, black forest, ...)
    so - unless you use your alts to do gathering or fighting&dying a lot, the economy wont see a difference.
    therefore - stop using the economy as the victim/a point for removing alts. that one is fairly robust right now, lol^^

Papagoat schrieb:

But the economy would be better of with multiple accounts and less alts.
    with less characters, the few remaining characters will use the lack of competition and just flood the market themselves until we got the exact same prices we got now.

example:
    if prices for bags or capes or any cloth-armor or hunter weapon (which I all HARD-grinded! not wasted any LP on that) go ridiculously high up, I´ll throw in a few dozen items on the market. prices drop - you wont see a difference long-term.

the ONLY problem of alts in regards to "economy" is using those for gathering/farming.
    most of the casuals in this thread dont even do any of that
    (I dont mean "pick some t5 here and there" or "harvest that 1 field once a week", but real (ab)using those alts, e.g. unlocking t7-tool from scratch and clearing several clusters per day, or buying 3x 4/6 personal-islands and do those 9 or 12 farms on daily basis)

How To: Unlock all the crafting on 1 character
    buy tons of resources from the market
    craft tons of items
    sell those tons of items to get your coins back for the resources
    repeat for next item-tree.

case1: prices for resources > prices for armor, then no crafter going to buy&craft&sell those items -> prices go up.
    case2: prices for resources < prices for armor, then some crafters take those resources, craft and offer the armor -> prices go down
    case3: prices for resources = prices for armor, then a few crafters will craft a few items and try to sell them for similar price as competition -> prices stay the same

___
    I really dont understand how simple-minded some people are :/
    there are a few benefits of having alts - influencing the economy in any significant way is not one of those
    (compared to no-alts, the gold-price rises at up to 3x the rate, since you have to maintain 3 premium-chars instead of 1, therefore more gold is needed overall to maintain the amount of premium-characters, so SI gets a few more bucks^^ i doubt anyone has brought that point up, cuz nobody tries to see the "bigger" picture)
  • Farming schrieb:

Frostweaver schrieb:

Wvatha schrieb:

Who are you and why should it matter that you agree or not?The point is 3 characters per account+ multi accounting = even more useless specializations

Having 9 accounts instead of 3 isnt a problem. For some of us $ isnt an issues. By removing characters on an account your just raising the price bar of p2w in the game.Hell with the way LP works id say let players have 100 character slots per account to remove the p2w element from buying multiple accounts instead of removing characters making it cost more to pay for the same exact advantage (leaving the poor in even worse condition).
    It has never been about give the poor a better chance, but milking the whales :)
  • ZaZii- We are talking about not allowing alts after a wipe, not righ tnow kid.

You totally miss the point, its the broken mechanic lps + alts. You may think you its a great mechanic, because you got rich with this. Its beta with a low population.

I have seen this happen before in other betas from other games. And this wont end well.

By the way the T5 was just a exagerated example. YOu literally are arguing that a T% wont sell for 1 silver lol. You really think you are smart.

You really made me laugh, thanks
  • Papagoat schrieb:

ZaZii- We are talking about not allowing alts after a wipe, not righ tnow kid.
    So, what's the difference between the 4.3/5.2-market right after wipe and the 6.3/7.2-market right now?
    you´ll have the same situation - crafters spamming the sh!t out of 4.2 and flooding the market with it, then crying on forums "too much 4.2" - seen/experienced that.

Papagoat schrieb:

You totally miss the point, its the broken mechanic lps + alts. You may think you its a great mechanic, because you got rich with this. Its beta with a low population.
    It's been stated a dozen of times, that LPs are about to be changed.
    you´re crying about something being broken, even though it is already in progress of being fixed.

I did not get rich with this mechanic/alts. i got rich from crafting with resources I got from my gatherer, hard-unlocked those crafting-trees(not using a single point on crafting..stated it aswell)

"Its beta with a low population."
    daaaamn, those are some next-gen perception-skills you got.
    care to elaborate what that statement got to do with the alt-/lp-system?

Papagoat schrieb:

I have seen this happen before in other betas from other games. And this wont end well.
    Good to know that there are so many exact same games out there, so any conclusion you drew from those other games are 100% to come true on this.
    also, such great examples - really understand what you mean. tell me more about "in another situation that did not end well"

Papagoat schrieb:

By the way the T5 was just a exagerated example. YOu literally are arguing that a T% wont sell for 1 silver lol. You really think you are smart.
    so, disagreeing on one point with one sentence means that my whole argument is about crushing that one point of yours?

my whole argument was about economy being stable enough to not change much with more/less population or more/less alts.
    guess you are not smart enough to get that.

Papagoat schrieb:

You really made me laugh, thanks
    I´ve seen babies laugh about all kinds of things they too dumb to understand, I´ll just put you under the same category - you´re welcome for the laugh
  • Kid realize that the market is not ok. You want to know why? Because almost everyone can have dedicated crafters, gatheres and refiners in 1 account. IF you cant see this, I cant help you out.

LPs can change but untill we see the new mechanic. Well these devs have a history of making things worse.

LPs + alts is the problem, and like I said, I seen this happen in other games. Economics is actually a very important part of this game. WHY? Because is a player driven economy, and when you have oversaturation of the market, the market crashes.

There wont be enough people buying gear or items, becasue almost everyone will be able to craft them. If the refiners or crafters are not buying mats from the gatherers, the market will be oversaturated.

There needs to be a balance in economy for it to work. Too much of something and the price crahses. Not having enough on the market of something and the prices skyrocket. This happens in life and companys can actually decrese the amount of their stock by not manufacturing or not selling items for a while, to help the market go in their favor.

This is just an example in how a product reaches the market fisherman fishe, truck driver transports the fish, fish cutter gets the fish ready to be sold, truck driver distributes the fish, retailer sells the fish. Point A is the gathering of the resource and point E being the selling of the product.

In this game you can have the same player do everything with his alts. Eliminating the social part of the game and eliminating specialization from the players in each role. The product goes from Point A straight to E with just one player involved.

Why would a player buy gear when he can craft it? why would the crafter buy the mats when he can gather them?

I have done this literally in this beta, and I dont even play on much. I have played 1 week with my main and 4 days with an alt, the other alt just gets in to refine and craft.

I dont see the sandbox, everyone matters thing in that example.

I just gave you a deep and real example of the failure of Lps + alts in a sandbox game.
  • FlufferPope schrieb:

diLuca schrieb:

its easy:

don't use alts, and u won't be on top.

I dont use alts very much, and I've gotten along just fine. Alts can be fun, but they aren't needed to compete.
    That is a blatant lie:
    Here is why -
    Historically in the games testing, the hype and "fun" only lasts around a month then drops off to a barren wasteland.
    That first months is everything in Albion,
    The people who get ahead fastest right out of the gate snowball to unbelievable wealth and power.
    The first person to craft and start selling t6 gear (usually day 2-3) has the market cornered and makes millions that they can convert to cheap gold and sell for billions down the road.
    The 5th and 6th guy to make t6, maby 2-3 days later makes basically nothing from it.
    The first people to pump out high tier sets HAVE to use alts to make these sets due to the LP gated progression.
    Each alt is assigned to a task, and that is all they do to their 20% mark then unlock the next tier with LP.
    So instead of a character that can gather/craft/and refine t4 and MABY one t5 of one of the 3 on day 3 if he plays like crazy.
    We have alt abuse that lets us gather 2-3 t6 materials, refine 2-3 t6 materials, and craft an entire t6 set in the exact same amount of time as the guy playing one character.
    Once you smash the market like that your ahead and stay ahead by miles, there is no way in hell anyone is going to make anywhere near what you do because by the time they are there, the market is saturated, materials are nearly worthless, and the game is already dieing again (say 2 weeks in).
    In Albion the start is all that matters, and those who Abuse alts / LP are kings while everyone else is left with nothing.
  • Killj0y schrieb:

@Papagoat I love how basic economics completely loses most of these kids XD
    @FlufferPope who are you? ;D

BRiCK schrieb:

Killj0y schrieb:

@Papagoat I love how basic economics completely loses most of these kids XD
    @FlufferPope who are you? ;D
    "Member Since August 4th, 2016" asking who a Mod is lmao
    • Member since Mar 22nd 2014

Let's stay on topic though.
    Flufferpope, OG AO since A1
  • Killj0y schrieb:

not that it matters(in terms of time invested like @FlufferPope, which was the joke) actually started playing Jan 2016, didn't have a reason to get on the forums till this beta tho... But he right, back to the topic at hand

I owned about half the plots in Black Forest and run a PvP guild called Wild West. We PvP all day and do quite fine for ourselves. Sure, some of us use alts, but not in the ways people think we need to. They are mostly used to explore new builds experimentally, which is the best part about alts. Most of our crafting is done on our main accounts and weve never really had LP issues.
    Flufferpope, OG AO since A1
  • Farming schrieb:

In Albion the start is all that matters, and those who Abuse alts / LP are kings while everyone else is left with nothing.
    This.

Even if you (pretendes person against this topic) think you do great and want to clear that statement: take the average user for your argument. The average user left the game after 4 weeks. This happened every beta test. It does not happen because the game is doing great and testing is over. It happens because:

Albion Online is not fun to play outside of PvP.

I admitt total defeat, if you show me i am wrong. For that, please bring 500 players in here, that state officially, that the game is fun to play outside of PvP. I am very generous today and would also welcome a mere 50