HOW to fairly remove LP

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• HOW to fairly remove LP

I see a lot of posts of people screaming GET RID OF LP!!! which to be fair, I agree with but nobody is really offering solutions (some people may be but I'm not seeing them)
      I brought up this idea in another thread as a reply but I guess I'll drop it here with a bit more detail.

Firstly I wanna point out that @Devious did have a very similar suggestion but it still involved some use of LP. So although I did think of this before seeing his post I guess I can't take all the credit or whatever.
      Secondly, I understand that LP is the main incentive for players to buy premium and that is how SI has and will continue to make the majority of their income (i assume)

We all agree that LP is pretty lame and devs have stated they agree in it's current state it is too strong and will be changed but LP in itself, although innovative, is a failed idea. The more it helps casual players "catch up" the more it restricts hardcore players and the less it restricts hardcore players the less it helps casual players, so instead of trying to find the perfect balance I suggest we replace it with a boost to how much fame is received with a rest bonus. Here is my 2 step suggestion.

Step1. I propose that devs replace the current LP system with a premium player xp buff. As devious mentioned a 150%-300% buff would be enough to keep more than enough incentive for active players to continue paying for premium (whether with real money or silver)

The other "benefit" to LP (from the devs point of view, i assume) is that it works as a gap closer for the more casual players or time restricted players allowing them to more easily catch up to the more hardcore players therefore never have the more casual players feeling like "there's no point" and just giving up. I understand this which is why I propose step 2.

Step 2: Add a rest bonus. For anyone unfamiliar with rest bonus'. It is a mechanic that essentially means. If you spend X time not logged in you will accumulate rest and when you do log back in you will be given X% of rested bonus which will provide you with that X% of extra fame/xp for X amount of time.
      -Example: Logging in after being offline for 12hours would mean you have 6 hours of game time where you will earn an additional 80% fame towards gathering/crafting/combat ontop of your premium bonus.
      Note: This is a rough example the amount of time or % bonus would have to be calculated to a more appropriate level.

I believe that for this to be implemented in such a way that doesn't still favor the use of specialized alts you would need to impliment:
      - A rest Cap: For example, no matter how much time you spend logged out you can never accumulate more than 8 hours of rest bonus.

- Account locked: Rest would apply to every character on 1 account equally. So to stop a player from logging in for 8 hours with 1 alt, using his rest bonus then logging in with another alt and using that toons rest bonus and so on. If you use all your rest bonus on 1 toon then it drains the rest bonus of all toons on that account.

- Understand that this would lose money: This is abit of a stab at the devs (sorry <3 )and probably more "conspiracy theory" than fact but I personally feel the reason we have not seen LP be removed/changed yet is because people are paying for premium across multiple characters which results in extra cash for the devs. If this is the case, I understand but devs might have to take a small financial hit for the betterment of the game which in turn means more longevity and longer term profits.

- POSSIBLY have a start time for rest to activate: This may not be needed or may not even be the best implementation HOWEVER a possible option COULD be to have the rest bonus timer only activate once that logged in player has done something fameworthy like kill a mob or gather a resource or craft/refine something. This COULD be implemented simply to avoid players feeling like they are wasting their bonus if they log in for something non fame related such as a GvG or to play the market a little bit or just hang out in town and chat/duel. Therefore allowing them to hold onto whatever rest bonus they have accumulated until they are ready to grind again, which for same may be several hours/days/logins later.

Edit: A possible option if the devs have their hearts set on keeping LP would be to AT LEAST have the same LP be spread across all accounts so other than the initial 100LP you get for purchasing premium you could not accumulate additional LP per character. Meaning that if you use 85 accumulated LP on your main you lose 85 accumulated LP on any alts you may have. Arguments could be made that this is unjust for players who legit want to play with alts for other reasons other than what the majority of players are currently using/exploiting them for in which case there could be adjustments made like purchasing tiers of premium.
      Tier 1 = 1 LP per 1.5hrs (or whatever it is now) which is recommended for players with 1 character.
      tier 2 = 2 LP per 1.5 hours which is recommended for players with 2 characters and so on.
      But that brings up the conversation of pay 2 win.. which is why I feel a bonus XP and rest system would be the best win-win scenario for SI and for players of all levels.

Thoughts @Korn @Devious ?

P.S: Yes I'm going to start tagging you guys in all my suggestion posts lol

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 6 mal editiert, zuletzt von SpooN04 ()

• It is an interesting idea though I reccomend the bonus being based on an actual fame pool that lasts for a day. So for example lets say you are offline for 24 hours, you would then get a bonus 24,000 fame for the next day which distributes itself as a 300% fame bonus.

The pool would have a cap so that you could miss up to 48 or 72 hours of gaming before it is filled. Since there is no real timer in play, players cannot try to game the system with tasks like crafting and refining that can be done in a short span of time assuming a player has all the resources stocked up. Instead no matter what task you engage in there will be equal fame distribution.

For simplicity sake I believe LP should just be removed and the focus would be on the fame itself. Just let players get fame boosters from the premium account and not worry if hardcore grinders unlock max tier in a month or so. Power gamers are going to unlock whatever they can as fast as they can, it is just in their nature I guess. The professions in Albion will start to have more meaning once players are forced to stick to longer grinds to get somewhere.

Ideally you make the starting levels easier and then the specialities much more time consuming but also rewarding so players focus one or two things rather then just do everything with ease.
    • Devious schrieb:

Since there is no real timer in play, players cannot try to game the system with tasks like crafting and refining that can be done in a short span of time assuming a player has all the resources stocked up. Instead no matter what task you engage in there will be equal fame distribution.
      I hadn't considered that. You sure are on the ball when it comes to how players will exploit thing *cough*cheater*cough* (jk)
      But 4 real I think your idea of having an X fame cap that is distributed just works better than my original proposition.

Also I like that you're willing to say

Devious schrieb:

For simplicity sake I believe LP should just be removed and the focus would be on the fame itself. Just let players get fame boosters from the premium account and not worry if hardcore grinders unlock max tier in a month or so. Power gamers are going to unlock whatever they can as fast as they can, it is just in their nature I guess
      Fuck yes!
      I would prefer it this way, as far as the majority of my mmo, moba, rts, fps or rpg experiences have been it has always been. "If you want to achieve the next level of X then you need to do X"
      I've never logged into LoL,Hots,WoW,Wildstar,Wakfu,TERA,SC2,Endwar,Call of Duty, Battlefield, Gears of War etc.. etc.. realizing I had accumulated enough points while asleep to now reach the next level of gear or rank. I have always had to earn it and believe that's how it should always be..

but I digress. I added the rest idea as a gap closer for casual players simply because from a player/forum reader's perspective it feels as though a lot of focus has been put into making the game more accessible to a more casual crowd (which has inadvertently created a level of entitlement from players I've never seen before.) and I wanted to make sure that any suggestions or solutions I offer still line up with developers goals rather than being like some on the forum who's "suggestions" are more like "I love lightsabers! this game needs lightsabers!" lolol

Thanks for the reply and improving on my suggestion.