[02.11.2016] Test Server Patch Notes (Content Update Faye) - Updated 4.11.

• it's nice you've added something for owning forrest plots etc, however having tested this on the staging server it seems like you get ONE additional resource for an entire resource node, tbt this is rather pathetic, what happened to the guild owning the territory gaining 10% of all the silver/resources farmed in a zone? it also seems that this change ONLY applies to the guild owning the territory and not to everyone who farms resources/silver in the territory.

This change does NOT promote guilds to hold the territories, instead it just encourages guilds to attack territories that are held temp- by other guilds who then just drop them BECAUSE IT'S NOT WORTH WASTING THE FOOD ON FEEDING THE TERRITORIES seeing as what you get back in return doesn't even come close to covering the cost of the food needed to feed the territory, hell who wants to waste money doing so?
  • probably not going to find its' way to any dev, but lets try it...

wrote:

• Increased drop rates for raid bosses.

Balancing seems nice
    - finally t8 mobs in t8-raid...was about time
    - more then double the chance on artifacts, even halfway-usable (t6)
    - raidboss with a sh1t-ton of runes + bunch of artifacts.
    need to run it a couple of times to see whether it's worth the wipes

Bugs:
    loot-table flawed? check the loot on the druid-minibosses and the axe-throwers trash (t8-elites)
    better take a look at the other mobs/raids, too - I guess you got better access to the data there^^
  • The persistent mounts sure do look good. I am not sure why we replaced one rock to collect with another. The scraps certainly looks more polished than the gems. Not liking the gems look at all. It is interesting seeing runes back. Kind of a blast from the past there. Scraps/fragments also look much better than runes. Why is there a time based building decay? Thats already handled by food. Wasnt the decay supposed to be based on use? Isnt this just a reason not to own buildings?

Solo dungeons seem the same. Not really anything interesting there. Now that skeletons can outpace a horse it looks like we are back to no pve worth going out for. Not sure what there is to do now that i can not find interesting pve thats rewarding. Maybe it will be better in groups but it looks like solo just got set back a lot. Not cool. My aoe does a lot less. Looks like aoe got a nerf then got a pvp bonus but the nerf affects pve and the pvp bonus specifically doesnt affect mobs. Wth is that about. Maybe i have to rereading that but not happy so far with faye except for the mounts and how you can actually read the map now.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Raithe ().

• @Retroman

Can you please explain your plans for Hellgates. Despite months of feedback saying t5 and t7 drops are crap compared to t3, despite acknowledgements from your team that the drops aren't what they should be, no changes? Why are you releasing major features (hellgate artifacts), and then completely ignoring them.

1. You still can't meld armor, and since the only artifacts that drop are t4 (even in t5 hellgates), no one is testing the armor at higher tiers
    2. Your drop rates/reward ratio is garbage. People are only running the t5 hellgates for a chance at a fight, otherwise t3 is way more rewarding
    3. Your artifact change in this new patch is going to make the whole system less profitable. We can't pay silver to increase the tier anymore, you have to have 8 of the previous tier. So people running t3's will need 1 T4 artifact to get three t5 fragments. That means 8 T4 artifacts to get three t6 fragments.

Please update us. Hellgates are fun, and one of the only semi-reliable ways to get fights. Make them rewarding.

Recommendations

1. T5 HGs drop t5 and t6 artifacts
    2. T7 HGs drop t7 and t8 artifacts
    3. All HGs drop HG fragments (no more scraps)
    4. Ensure the droprate of these fragments is consistent in all 3 tiers of HG (1 per every 3 or 4 mobs?)
    5. Ensure drop rate of artifacts is consistent across all three tiers, one out of every 2 or 3 HGs should drop one for SOMEONE on the team. that would mean every 10 or 15 runs you have a reasonable chance at getting an artifact
  • Belan wrote:

@Retroman

Can you please explain your plans for Hellgates. Despite months of feedback saying t5 and t7 drops are crap compared to t3, despite acknowledgements from your team that the drops aren't what they should be, no changes? Why are you releasing major features (hellgate artifacts), and then completely ignoring them.

1. You still can't meld armor, and since the only artifacts that drop are t4 (even in t5 hellgates), no one is testing the armor at higher tiers
    2. Your drop rates/reward ratio is garbage. People are only running the t5 hellgates for a chance at a fight, otherwise t3 is way more rewarding
    3. Your artifact change in this new patch is going to make the whole system less profitable. We can't pay silver to increase the tier anymore, you have to have 8 of the previous tier. So people running t3's will need 1 T4 artifact to get three t5 fragments. That means 8 T4 artifacts to get three t6 fragments.

Please update us. Hellgates are fun, and one of the only semi-reliable ways to get fights. Make them rewarding.

Recommendations

1. T5 HGs drop t5 and t6 artifacts
    2. T7 HGs drop t7 and t8 artifacts
    3. All HGs drop HG fragments (no more scraps)
    4. Ensure the droprate of these fragments is consistent in all 3 tiers of HG (1 per every 3 or 4 mobs?)
    5. Ensure drop rate of artifacts is consistent across all three tiers, one out of every 2 or 3 HGs should drop one for SOMEONE on the team. that would mean every 10 or 15 runs you have a reasonable chance at getting an artifact
    Honestly remove drops from green zone hellgates, its absurd that they are absolutely free and cater to potatoes who sit in safe zones all day.
  • EricWer wrote:

@Retroman can you update the combat balance changes on launcher please?
    Here are the latestest changes, these are already on the staging server:

Cursed Staffs:

Cursed Sickle:
    Cooldown: 3s -> 4s
    Standtime: 0s -> 0.3s

Swords:

Iron Will:
    Speed Increase: 40% -> 30%

Charge:
    Damage: 199.63 -> 148.65 (reduced by 25%)

Spinning Blades:
    Max Damage: 234.73 -> 217.97 (reduced by 7%)

Mighty Swing:
    Max Damage: 216.78 -> 240.87 (increased by 11%)

Fearless Strike:
    Damage: 176.12 -> 140.09 (reduced by 20%)

Armors:

Windwall
    Duration: 3s -> 6s -> 4s
  • Retroman wrote:

EricWer wrote:

Cursed Staffs:

Cursed Sickle:

Swords:

Iron Will:

Charge:

Spinning Blades:

Mighty Swing:

Fearless Strike:

Armors:

Windwall
    This isn't the right nerf. You can't just keep ruining builds, it forces people to quit. 25% damage would make the claymore useless, it wouldn't be viable in any situation. A 25% damage reduction while it has a 20 second cooldown, you would need to make it 10-15 seconds like the other swords for this to be a playable nerf.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Styanatos ().

• Retroman wrote:

EricWer wrote:

Cursed Staffs:

Cursed Sickle:

Swords:

Iron Will:

Charge:

Spinning Blades:

Mighty Swing:

Fearless Strike:

Armors:

Windwall
    What's the explanation for nerf charge (Claymore)?
    Claymore is not used in anything in the game (GVG, Mass PvP) because it is single target.
    You are not thinking who likes to play OPEN PvP.

Seriously, I dont know what SI really thinks when it's going to nerf some class.

Recalling nerfs:

-Meditation *
    -Root (E-Charge) no stack
    -Super Nerf (W - Iron Will)
    -25% less damage (Charge - E)

Is that nerf or dont want to see anyone playing with this class? Think about it.

The post was edited 1 time, last by GRRRR ().

• Oh yea? Try to play different classes boys. You probably just never played different classes .
    Sword Tree was total cancer in albion online, greatest tree with strongest skills, nerf was expected till day 1.
    Now waiting for axe-tree nerfs and all medium armors nerf, legit also.
    Look at every gvg we have shitty axes/swords.
    Ya honestly 25% for claymores was too deep, but try to compare it to Spear tree for example or mace tree.
  • im scratching my head on the cursed sickle change...you made the cooldown even longer... that skill is absolutely trash and no1 will use it unless its like zvz and even then, its marginally decent in HUGE fights. The thing is hard to land and has odd boomerang effect..... Also the mana usage is really high for something that needs to stack 4 times... As well as area of decay ability needs to have a better buff, its currently impossible to land, it ticks too slow(even though u buffed it a tiny tad) it still is hard to do anything without some STRONG CC, and even then its just cursed stacks. I would love to see some sort of healing debuff on it like the demonic but to a lesser effect so that its viable more often.

You killed the monk staff beyond belief, might as well take it out the game, clearly you dont want it to be used or even be semi useful at all, these latest changes have proved that pretty strongly.

For the love of god buff berserker mode on the light chest.... that skill hasn't been used since u destroyed it.... Its so insanely crap compared to anything... even crappy hell gate artifact leather chest is better.... Its time for a buff or another rework, cant have it sitting there for dps players simply not able to use it due to it being worthless.

Love the guardian helmet nerf, so freaking OP, time to diversify the armor slots.

Work on the bows a tad, they simply have been nerfd multiple times too many and need some love. the .1 bow has never been decent, and longbow needs a longer E duration and warbow hellgate artifact needs a buff by like 3x.
  • Right now Claymore is not very popular weapon in game, its pretty rare to see him in GvG because of meditation and root nerfs of his E spell.
    @Retroman Do u even play this game guys? Because 25% dmg nerf = no more claymore users in game anymore.
    W shield spell was too strong in sword line - OK it should be nerfed, but this E nerf is just pointless - it says that you have no idea what are you doing guys, and you have no idea how to balance this game properly - sad but true.

BTW. I AM NOT SWORD USER.

Few more things:
    Right now 90% gvg teams have Carrion Axe artefact - its time to do something with that.
    Daggers line - months of any serious change, still useless in any of PvP/PvE part.
    Leather armors - most op thing at this moment - most powerfull armors with huge dmg and high resist - making plate chests useless.

In my opinion balance is the most important part which have to be done before release, because what if player will grind hours to lvl up weapon like claymore and after release you will nerf it by 25% like right now. Many hours wasted in that case.

This beta is TIME FOR TEST balance things which u have to implement to the game BEFORE next wipe, ALBION NEEDS CHANGES.

My reff link! -->> HERE <<--

The post was edited 2 times, last by Modnoc ().

• Modnoc wrote:

This beta is TIME FOR TEST balance things which u have to implement to the game BEFORE next wipe, ALBION NEEDS CHANGES.
    This is true but yet so funny to see included in your post. I'm not saying the dmg nerf on claymore is justified, but it's a change nevertheless.

In general I think it's time for the team to invest less time to find something to nerf and invest more time on buffing other items.
    In general it's a way better way to find the balance and would be way better perceived by the players.

But it's problematic since the less used items are already strong, just lacks a proof of concept which results in them being underused.
    Buffing these items to the point that they seem more beneficial would make them OP.
  • Thanks everyone for the feedback on the claymore change. :)
    I think the Claymore on live provides very high mobility, cc and strong burst damage. So, given the stickyness and instant burst, I see a damage nerf justified. Especially since the E damage doesn't have any build up time.

However, I will review the current numbers and see if I went a bit too far with the damage reduction. But since we are very close to releasing Faye, making changes now is very risky and therefore the values will hit live like this. If it turns out the claymore was hit too hard by the nerf hammer, I can get number changes in (i.e. increasing the damage slightly after the nerf) with the first patch for Faye. So one or two weeks after the update.
  • NicZa wrote:

Modnoc wrote:

This is true but yet so funny to see included in your post. I'm not saying the dmg nerf on claymore is justified, but it's a change nevertheless.
    In general I think it's time for the team to invest less time to find something to nerf and invest more time on buffing other items.
    In general it's a way better way to find the balance and would be way better perceived by the players.

But it's problematic since the less used items are already strong, just lacks a proof of concept which results in them being underused.
    Buffing these items to the point that they seem more beneficial would make them OP.
    that a BS... most weapons are totally worth nothing... @HypeRNT wrote about it in his post... and i would like to add that 1h fire is totally worthless (not the artifact).
    if you have more questions you can ask me on twitch
    or in my youtube channel
  • Retroman wrote:

Thanks everyone for the feedback on the claymore change. :)
    I think the Claymore on live provides very high mobility, cc and strong burst damage. So, given the stickyness and instant burst, I see a damage nerf justified. Especially since the E damage doesn't have any build up time.

However, I will review the current numbers and see if I went a bit too far with the damage reduction. But since we are very close to releasing Faye, making changes now is very risky and therefore the values will hit live like this. If it turns out the claymore was hit too hard by the nerf hammer, I can get number changes in (i.e. increasing the damage slightly after the nerf) with the first patch for Faye. So one or two weeks after the update.
    @Retroman claymore is number 1 weapon in open pvp world.... 95% are using it, nerfed was more then justify!

but so many other weapon need change, @HypeRNT wrote before a good post...
    and i wanted to add that 1h fire staff is nothing, totally worthless weapon.
    if you have more questions you can ask me on twitch
    or in my youtube channel