[02.11.2016] Test Server Patch Notes (Content Update Faye) - Updated 4.11.

  • Retroman wrote:

    EricWer wrote:

    @Retroman pleease, you're sure about this? I'm safe to say this is overpowered

    "Wind Wall
    Hit delay: 0.4s -> 0s
    Duration: 3s -> 6s"
    This change was made to give tanks better peeling tools. To promote a more varied setup of armors. Own squishies can be protected better, enemy bruisers can kept away better. At the moment, Wind Wall isn't used very often. And with Fire Wall, there already is a spell which blocks an area with hard cc and lasts for 6s. So, I don't think a 6s Wind Wall will break the game.

    Are you afraid of groups chain casting Wind Walls, or tanks generally having too much control with this ability?
    "Why do you think it is going to be so overpowered? What are you expecting as a result? (honest question)"

    Why do you think it's not going to be overpowered @Retroman? as suits pointed out, mages who 90% of the time wear cloth have to get DAMN close to the other team to use firewall, where as Knights chest is PLATE usually on tanks etc who have a HELL of a higher resists, armour HP etc than a DAMN SQUISHY mage any day of the week.
    One of the axe abilities (think the W one) for example allows axe users to simply just WALK THROUGH Firewall or dash etc allowing players to get through firewall, I have yet to see ANY way of going through a windwall.

    "And with Fire Wall, there already is a spell which blocks an area with hard cc and lasts for 6s."

    Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't hard CC usually actualy MEAN HARD CC? IE stuns, roots etc
    If you think firewall is "HARD" CC, you really need to relook at/Rethink your ideas about cc, ie soft/hard and what the differances etc are, sure there's plenty of players willing to explain at length the differance to you, and likely some of the rest of the developers would be able to as well.

    Firewall is counterable or even very easily avoided (that and the fact that on npcs firewall is broken, you get the first "reaction" off npcs where they run away and then come back, after that they just stand in the firewall with no effect other than taking the damage component of it, unlike windwall which KEEPS throwing npcs back.)

    "Are you afraid of groups chain casting Wind Walls, or tanks generally having too much control with this ability?"

    Nope we're afraid this change is VERY liable to be OP and be as bad as the purge meta is, so that everyone starts running windwall on everything, kind of similar to the situation with meditate that plenty of players repeatedly said "hey this is broken/op" which well we all know how much attension was paid to the feedback of the players over this one and how long till it FINALLY got fixed, Then there's the issue of the stacking movement speed increases, care to explain how a player being able to RUN ON FOOT, FASTER THAN A DIREWOLF is not broken or op? (and that is NOT using speed hacks either, just VERY broken game mechanics atm).



    Bluntly you and the other devs NEED to start paying more attension to what the players are saying feeback wise, otherwise seriously whats the point in having play testers?
  • Thanks everyone for the feedback on the Windwall. (although some users could also get their point accross with less, uhm passionate wording) But I get your point. :)

    Today I already tried different durations and it will very likely not get the full 6s duration for live.
  • Thx for the iron will buff retro ! Was about time we got it :=)

    Increasing mana cost by 22%, while increasing the cooldown by 33%... Ergo reducing the manacost effectifly by 8%....

    Flat damage mitigation on all damage types, while deminishing returns for armor and magic resist, aswell as pierce are a thing :=) I luv it!

    only nerf i see is the longer downtime of 5 seconds, or talking about percentages again (from a 33% uptime too a 25% uptime) a 8% nerf!!!


    I demand more buffs

    The post was edited 1 time, last by Substanz_D ().

  • Substanz_D wrote:

    Thx for the iron will buff retro ! Was about time we got it :=)

    Increasing mana cost by 22%, while increasing the cooldown by 33%... Ergo reducing the manacost effectifly by 8%....

    Flat damage mitigation on all damage types, while deminishing returns for armor and magic resist, aswell as pierce are a thing :=) I luv it!

    only nerf i see is the longer downtime of 5 seconds, or talking about percentages again (from a 33% uptime too a 25% uptime) a 8% nerf!!!


    I demand more buffs
    shhh don't tell them about the Guardian helms buff of 60% incoming reduction and 50->30% output damage reduction buff. for 3 second nerf to duration 10->7.
    Zeeki, protector of the weak.
  • Just the topping of the cake btw. People wanted the swords, in particular claymore nerfed and they get a less (by a merely 8%) slower weapon, that is overall way sturdier and mana efficient. I could go on and discuss the rest of the "changes" as it seems that people dont want to see the hard math sometimes...

    Retroman whenever u have time. Nicza and me are constantly on the ts discussing weaponbalancing. Even though its more of a design issue then balance a issue.
  • Termination wrote:

    @Monochrome the t3 hellgates drop significantly more hellgates artifacts than their t5 and t7 counterparts. The melding issue helped contribute to that but still IMHO either the t3 hellgates are dropping to much or the t5 and t7 are dropping to little. That and the actual fragments for hellgates are almost non existant and the only reason they exist is because of salvaging.

    It looks like the loot tables might need to be checked properly or you guys need to actually run through some hellgates to see.
    I did a test about the new gems... the loottables are still pretty broken. A t4 (non elite/veteran) skeleton drops to 100% at least 1 T6 gem. A t5 veteran skeleton dont even drop T6!
    Please make sure you guys fix the loottables before the release of this patch!
  • Heartless wrote:

    Still waiting u remove the rocks from forests and give us back the fibers -.-'
    With this patch everything should be balanced.
    Swamps have the most Fibers, Then u have the desert and the mountain biomes.
    There is a reason cloth is really cheap right now, Because its the easiest material to gather..
    To be honest i dont understand why you a complaining, Fibers have fixed spawn spots on limited area's which makes it even more easy to find.
    When they are trying to balance something you ask them not to..
  • Jaimy wrote:

    Heartless wrote:

    Still waiting u remove the rocks from forests and give us back the fibers -.-'
    With this patch everything should be balanced.Swamps have the most Fibers, Then u have the desert and the mountain biomes.
    There is a reason cloth is really cheap right now, Because its the easiest material to gather..
    To be honest i dont understand why you a complaining, Fibers have fixed spawn spots on limited area's which makes it even more easy to find.
    When they are trying to balance something you ask them not to..
    He is trolling. All his posts about more fiber)
    PS. I'm waiting for forest more then any other changes. It's gonna be the best biom ever. A lot of wood, descent leather, and some stone. What can be better?))))
    WTB skill
  • MaxPain wrote:

    You said u gonna show curse some love!!
    Well this is not love!!! leave the damn 3 stack as befor with same damage .
    It's a buff. Same max stack damage, same time to reach max stacks (~6s).
    But, now you get additional damage with 1 more hit reaching max stacks and are able to keep 2 targets stacked at once.

    + the reduced CD makes it feel more fluent and less clunky.
  • NicZa wrote:

    MaxPain wrote:

    You said u gonna show curse some love!!
    Well this is not love!!! leave the damn 3 stack as befor with same damage .
    It's a buff. Same max stack damage, same time to reach max stacks (~6s).But, now you get additional damage with 1 more hit reaching max stacks and are able to keep 2 targets stacked at once.

    + the reduced CD makes it feel more fluent and less clunky.
    Did you even note that fact that this will now consume 25% more Mana to keep active?
    This is most definitely a debuff, they should really look at the mana situation.
    @Retroman and @Monochromedid you consider the mana before changing this spell. Cursed staffs already run out of mana when just dotting 1 user to refresh.
  • Termination wrote:

    Did you even note that fact that this will now consume 25% more Mana to keep active?
    As far as I know that's wrong, there shouldn't be any change in the cost of keeping Vile Curse active (in other words, the duration stays the same as far as I know).

    There is however a 33% increase to reach max stacks. It's some time since I ran Cursed Staff myself, but back then you had no energy problems maintaining VC on one target if you were maintaining it correctly (meaning not spamming it off CD) and I don't believe there has been any change in the energy cost since then.

    This gets totally negated by the fact that you don't need to invest in any CDR what so ever to be able to maintain VC on two targets simultaneously, which is huge.


    Edit: Just tested and confirmed this, even in full heavy (the least amount of energy regen you possibly can have) I didn't loose any energy while maintaining VC on a target.

    Conclusion: Yeah you are right, they should re-consider the energy cost of VC, it should probably get increased.

    The post was edited 2 times, last by NicZa ().

  • NicZa wrote:

    Termination wrote:

    Did you even note that fact that this will now consume 25% more Mana to keep active?
    As far as I know that's wrong, there shouldn't be any change in the cost of keeping Vile Curse active (in other words, the duration stays the same as far as I know).
    There is however a 33% increase to reach max stacks. It's some time since I ran Cursed Staff myself, but back then you had no energy problems maintaining VC on one target if you were maintaining it correctly (meaning not spamming it off CD) and I don't believe there has been any change in the energy cost since then.

    This gets totally negated by the fact that you don't need to invest in any CDR what so ever to be able to maintain VC on two targets simultaneously, which is huge.


    Edit: Just tested and confirmed this, even in full heavy (the least amount of energy regen you possibly can have) I didn't loose any energy while maintaining VC on a target.

    Conclusion: Yeah you are right, they should re-consider the energy cost of VC, it should probably get increased.
    What I meant was that we need to utilise the spell again which is as you pointed out a 33% increase to reach max stacks.
    Maintaining VC on multiple targets should chew into the mana pool though, also note that VC isn't the only spell here. If I was using a Q from another weapon I wouldn't run out of mana as easy also.

    Im just concerned that they are already touching an item that is heavily underused in both GVG's and open world (Fire and Frost are better). The range nerf really did it in previously.
  • Just for fun, I did the math comparing Fire-, Frost- and Cursed Staff's "Q's" energy efficiency.

    The Cursed Staff makes it too complicated to explain and calculate the DPS in detail so I leave it out, but these energy numbers are calculated if you are spamming "Q" straight off CD:

    Frost: 13/s
    Fire: 12/s
    Cursed: 6.5/s


    My opinion on how cursed staff should be played and the numbers on it there after:
    And they all are close to equal in DPS, with Frost Staff as the underdog and the Cured Staff on top with 2 targets available with over double the more energy efficiency compared to the other two.


    Edit: Sorry, my wording was wrong

    The post was edited 1 time, last by NicZa ().