[02.11.2016] Test Server Patch Notes (Content Update Faye) - Updated 4.11.

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Axolotl schrieb:

Essences can be transmuted into Runes, Runes into Souls, and Souls into Relics.
      what does runes, souls, and relics do ??
      if this is the pve update, its not going to be enough... you still getting no versatility in rewards, and that still annoying... you should not think only on liner lines like : Essences -> Runes -> Souls -> Relics, try to think out of the box... do some tree lines, combinations...
      OMFG just be creative.....
      if you have more questions you can ask me on twitch
      or in my youtube channel
    • Bows:
      The Bows have a lot of utility and sustain damage. The lack of burst damage made them a bit too slow in PvE, though, so we buffed Deadly Shot to give a strong Q-Spell choice for PvE.
      Deadly Shot:Damage increased by 20%Base Energy: 3 -> 6

This was the last change made to the bow line in general......the date? FEBRUARY 2?

Its been 10 months since then, u guys have changed so much, including the new world, new weapons, armor systems, tons of new spells distributed between different weapons (not the bows), every weapon has been modified or tweaked one way or another. The bow line has been suffering for so long, lacking in so many areas. A pure pvp type of weapon barely used in GVG, it makes no sense. Would be nice to know if theres anything planned for the bow line (especially the atrocious Q spells).
      @Retroman @Axolotl
      Death at my hands is an honor.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von law7 ()

• Everyone is crying about the name tag , I can't see a reason why, it happens so fast you are already going to be fighting if you run up on people.. if you played UO you understand that it only gives you a split second to react.

Either way I see nothing worth investing more time in from these patch notes, just more useless polish on a product that needs substance.
    • Axolotl schrieb:

resources inside the watchtower's territory can only be harvested by members of the owning Guild, yielding twice the usual resources.
      the first part is nice. had several resources "stolen" from our territories (the spawns between the guards)

the 2nd part doesnt seem to work.
      i gathered some stuff from our territory/watchtower and it was the usual expected amount.
      it is supposed to double the normal gain, or just buff the gathering-yield-chance?
      if its the latest, then its literally 0 use for the good gatherers, who got the mastery up anyways.
      (also, what about leather? dont see leather spawning in those watchtowers, so the leather-gatherers are fcked aswell?

how about doing that cluster-wide?
      like - every resource gathered within the cluster has a chance(10%-ish) to get copied to the watchtower, where the officers can claim/pick it up. just like the taxes used to work, shouldnt be too hard to implement on the technical level.

Edit:
      - Subcategory for artifacts doesnt work
      -bring back the categories for the "completed"-tab... dont want to auto-take everything.
      -maybe add the "reset filter"-button that some people already mentioned?

- strangling roots still wrong timezone (yeah, just push those 30seconds of fix-time until you make a completely new world)

- localization: t5 runed horn artifact got some broken discription

- weight of the essences is insaaane. now instead of carrying 1 stack 5.2+4.2 resources you also need almost as much weight for the essences?
      make it like 1/10 of what it is now...

Edit2:
      t5-chests 24t (which is great), but normal chest only 10t?
      is that some kind of bridge until you get another solution for resource-management for guilds? 24t weight for only 1 chest seems a bit OP longterm.
      how about adding those t6,t7,t8 chests with some better scaling (t6 being ~5t, t7 being ~10t and t8 being ~24t)?
      +cat

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von ZaZii ()

• Swanson schrieb:

Why do you force us to run poorly designed and plain dungeons just to be able to refine stuff. (Essences)
      Atleast make them more interesting first.

GvG in yellow and red is the best thing so far.

Because somehow their idea on making something fun and interesting (it's a game, after all) is to impose an imbecile grind that everyone was against. They could have:

- Given PvE more variety in terms of enemies (creatures), so that we wouldn't farm the same creatures over and over again;
      - Given PvE better balancing, because even between the handful of available factions only one is actually worth the grind;
      - Given PvE more variety in terms of landscape, as every single freaking dungeon is the same thing, with same path and same enemies at the same place;
      - Made raids remotely useful;
      - Balanced LPs so we wouldn't be allowed to skip the entire leveling;
      - Balanced destiny board so one couldn't get T6 in a day and ignore everything else;
      - Not made gathering the progression gate in the game, re-balancing the destiny board;
      - Made masteries somehow useful and given more milestones to its progression;
      - Given better incentives (i.e. NOT make it a chore) in terms of silver, fame and loot;
      - Given a PvP aspect to it by reducing map and re-introducing blue dungeons linking different clusters.

BUT noooo... they decided to add another artificial grind. Yeah I bet now that you are forcing everyone to grind the same dungeon over and over again people will really enjoy PvE and do it.

This is a game FFS. If you want people to use a mechanic then you make it interesting. You don't force them to do it as if it was a job.

Newsflash: most of experienced players just login to GvG because it is the only activity remotely interesting. Do you honestly believe that adding skeletons dungeons grind on top of the completely moronic gathering grind would make us want to play more?

You know what, AO is simply not fun and you are doing nothing to change that. Until then you can do as many BETAs, wipes, launches as you like and we'll still have hype-peaks followed by downfalls every single time.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Nietz ()

• Nietz schrieb:

And the essences are coming before it because?
      because they have no idea on how to fix gathering or make it more enjoyable

instead, they introduce a system that forces us to move from gathering and grind those stupid (and unfairly heavy) essences, so we complain about that part of the game instead (or even worse, get ideas on how to make pve and therefore that essence-grind more enjoyable so they have an excuse to "work" on the already done heretics-faction)

also, is the raid fixed yet?
      changing the loot-table to something halfway-descent (see that earthmother) shouldnt be all too difficult, but that way people can at least do the raid without feeling scammed.
      (want fame? go do skelettons, 20k+ fame for <5min of grind even doable as healer - solo)
      (want artifacts? get a bunch of them for free from the daily/hourly chests)

and do we at least get those essences/runes from the mercenaries again?
      those laborers are useless on higher tiers, even rewarding less silver then the low-tiered ones - lol
      +cat
    • I've seen a lot of great ideas from people on this forum, you implement alnost none of it.

You're making this game a complete and utter grindfest. I can't even complete a dungeon and carry this crap back to refine my mats, it is horribly heavy.

You want to change PvE? Make it rewarding, make it drop artifacts according to the tier. I should walk out of a green dungeon with one artifact minimum. A blue should drop one or two per boss, minimum.
    • I know it's been awhile but I trust everyone is doing well and still raging at each other and the developers of the "best" direction for the game. Anyway I hopped on the test server and really like everything about the new update minus the fact that essence is required for refining. It's counterproductive to the whole economy circle if a pure Crafter has to buy essence from the market to craft items. Does that even make sense from a economy flow standpoint? Not only would prices of goods start sky-rocketing but to counter the influx of price essence would then sky-rocket and the whole thing would be self-defeating and people would just craft their own stuff.

Simple solutions while still keeping essence would be to make it much like crafting focus and having it add additional benefit or using them to enchant ore to different tiers such as .2 .3 .4, but to have it as a requirement for refining would only clog up the economy and map especially early on when everyone would be competing over 5-10 humanoid camps just so they could get enough essence to refine.

Not a very thought out implementation of the idea and even if it works in the current state of the beta I do not think it would work come wipe and everyone is starting fresh.

Cheers.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Lucky ()

• GhastlyScar schrieb:

I've seen a lot of great ideas from people on this forum, you implement alnost none of it.

You're making this game a complete and utter grindfest. I can't even complete a dungeon and carry this crap back to refine my mats, it is horribly heavy.

You want to change PvE? Make it rewarding, make it drop artifacts according to the tier. I should walk out of a green dungeon with one artifact minimum. A blue should drop one or two per boss, minimum.
      I like this idea....it could be done like this to make this game so exciting:

Green Areas: Drops T1 - T2 Artifacts
      Yellow Areas: Drops T3 - T4
      Red Areas: Drop T5 - T6
      Black Areas: Drop T7 - T8

This would give a reason to risk your current gear to get better gear.
    • Lucky schrieb:

Simple solutions while still keeping essence would be to make it much like crafting focus and having it add additional benefit or using them to enchant ore to different tiers such as .2 .3 .4, but to have it as a requirement for refining would only clog up the economy and map especially early on when everyone would be competing over 5-10 humanoid camps just so they could get enough essence to refine.
      thats actually a good idea right there.
      how about some modification:
      use essences as an optional crafting-boost.
      it could work similar (but not replacing) to the crafting-focus.
      for refining, use 1essence per refine to get additional resource-return of a couple%
      for crafting, use it to increase the average quality, maybe the resource-return aswell, reducing crafting-focus
      maybe even make it for refining: chance to refine a higher-enchanted resource...e.g. if you refine 1000 resources and throw in 1000 essences, you get like 10 of the higher-enchantment resources.
      so many things possible with those essences if you got any creativity, and what do they settle for? "do 1 essence + 1 resource = 1 refined resource"

to repeat myself: make them OPTIONAL. if I gather 5000 5.2 simply because, i alraedy will have to gather the "useless" tier 4.2, and now I additionaly HAVE to grind some pve-content aswell? hell - i just skip gathering and refining completely and will do something completely different.

Suits schrieb:

Using focus points on refining t8 with 10/10 masteries is still bugged/not possible.
      my explanation would be - the reduce is over 99,X%, so it rounds to 0 and the current algorithm/formula/whatever cant work with that.
      in that case a fix would be as simple as some if-loop or sth. like that. check whether its <0,01 focus and make it 0,01 in that case (no1 is going to craft 10k items per day, so that should still do it as "free crafting")

there were so many things reported as bug, most of which seem easy to fix, since they´re just some numbers to change in a file - like 30 seconds. i really hope they had a good reason to not fix those. ("we got other priorities" wouldnt be one, since low-prio 30sec fix > high-prio 30day-workload)

btw.
      appearantly there are new skills ingame.
      any info on when we get the notes for those and the balancing?
      +cat