Alliances already?

  • Alliances already?

    Hey all, just kinda wondering why the three biggest guilds in the game are all allied for an Alpha test? Vendetta, HoT, and Vikings im looking at you. On your own you would have 10x the numbers of most guilds, so im not sure where you are going with this. Alpha is for testing, learning the game, and a whole lot of PvP and sieging back and forth i would think. If you guys keep recruiting upwards of 200-300 members each and stay allied, you wont have anyone to fight.
    Obs LoD - Master, LoD
    youtube.com/obslod
  • [LoD]Obs wrote:

    Hey all, just kinda wondering why the three biggest guilds in the game are all allied for an Alpha test? Vendetta, HoT, and Vikings im looking at you. On your own you would have 10x the numbers of most guilds, so im not sure where you are going with this. Alpha is for testing, learning the game, and a whole lot of PvP and sieging back and forth i would think. If you guys keep recruiting upwards of 200-300 members each and stay allied, you wont have anyone to fight.

    In other words, You guys have become too strong with this alliance, Disband it so we can hunt you all one by one
  • Navhkrin wrote:

    [LoD]Obs wrote:

    Hey all, just kinda wondering why the three biggest guilds in the game are all allied for an Alpha test? Vendetta, HoT, and Vikings im looking at you. On your own you would have 10x the numbers of most guilds, so im not sure where you are going with this. Alpha is for testing, learning the game, and a whole lot of PvP and sieging back and forth i would think. If you guys keep recruiting upwards of 200-300 members each and stay allied, you wont have anyone to fight.

    In other words, You guys have become too strong with this alliance, Disband it so we can hunt you all one by one


    We are not in that alliance, but yes you get the point. Currently there is like 600+ people in one alliance :(
    Obs LoD - Master, LoD
    youtube.com/obslod
  • Vikings are really undergeared right now, and between vendetta killing them and HoT killing them with lesser numbers, it was discouraging for them and they didn't advance past like t2/t1. 2 more days until the alliance is broken and we compete again. None of us have found decent competition, so HoT and Vendetta may have some friendly conpetition upcoming. We do both get along extremely well, so regardless, we both want each other to do excellent if not only to compete with each other.
  • Immortal wrote:

    Vikings are really undergeared right now, and between vendetta killing them and HoT killing them with lesser numbers, it was discouraging for them and they didn't advance past like t2/t1. 2 more days until the alliance is broken and we compete again. None of us have found decent competition, so HoT and Vendetta may have some friendly conpetition upcoming. We do both get along extremely well, so regardless, we both want each other to do excellent if not only to compete with each other.


    Great to hear. I think just for alpha anyway it will create a lot more excitement and PvP opportunities.
    Obs LoD - Master, LoD
    youtube.com/obslod
  • [LoD]Obs wrote:

    Navhkrin wrote:

    [LoD]Obs wrote:

    Hey all, just kinda wondering why the three biggest guilds in the game are all allied for an Alpha test? Vendetta, HoT, and Vikings im looking at you. On your own you would have 10x the numbers of most guilds, so im not sure where you are going with this. Alpha is for testing, learning the game, and a whole lot of PvP and sieging back and forth i would think. If you guys keep recruiting upwards of 200-300 members each and stay allied, you wont have anyone to fight.

    In other words, You guys have become too strong with this alliance, Disband it so we can hunt you all one by one


    We are not in that alliance, but yes you get the point. Currently there is like 600+ people in one alliance :(

    A fitting decision for clan with most badass name :P (No offense other clans)
  • The alliance with the Vikings is temporary from my understanding. 2 more days and the alliance with Vikings will end. From my understanding of the situation the Vikings had positioned themselves to be attacked by Vendetta more than the rest and one of the main purposes of the Vikings being a streamer guild is to help promote the game and get people interested and when they were constantly being attacked and losing their materials to push forward, their viewers were kinda like "Why get this game if it'll be like this(gank fest). So, an alliance was formed temporarily to help move them forward to help promote the game. It wasn't for a power grab
  • Immortal wrote:

    HoT and Vendetta's alliance officially ends tomorrow. The fun between us will begin soon :)


    I cant wait to see the battles between Vendetta and HoT. All I ever seen on the map was Vendetta, Vendettta, Vendetta. So it would be nice to see some HoT owning some cities or maps. I would like to know if HoT could win against Vendetta. 2 Powerhouses against each other should be good.
  • yeah let me tell you, Vikings may have the numbers but that comes with a cost of getting anything done effectively. When you have 200 someone's running around trying to do side projects nothing gets accomplished. Plus half the numbers are socials or people just looking at the game. Most of our core work toward a set of goals but overall we suffer from player bloat who drop random shops or houses and log out never to be heard from again. So numbers don't mean a lot currently. Plus you will find we attract a lot of attention from rival guilds so there is lots of fighting in our area constantly and our noobs get farmed quite a bit. So progress is not a straight line.
  • Immortal wrote:

    HoT and Vendetta's alliance officially ends tomorrow. The fun between us will begin soon :)


    thantos wrote:

    yeah let me tell you, Vikings may have the numbers but that comes with a cost of getting anything done effectively. When you have 200 someone's running around trying to do side projects nothing gets accomplished. Plus half the numbers are socials or people just looking at the game. Most of our core work toward a set of goals but overall we suffer from player bloat who drop random shops or houses and log out never to be heard from again. So numbers don't mean a lot currently. Plus you will find we attract a lot of attention from rival guilds so there is lots of fighting in our area constantly and our noobs get farmed quite a bit. So progress is not a straight line.


    This game is anti-zerg in that respect. If you mass recruit anyone off the street, you are going to be sharing your tile with 50 people at once fighting over the same nodes. It really makes no sense to ally up at this point, its way more fun to fight each other over every Tree and Stone.
    Obs LoD - Master, LoD
    youtube.com/obslod
  • Most of the vikings have quit, it was supposed to be for an event between the twitch streamers (vikings) and youtubers.
    The streamers brought interest into the game and a new influx of players and the ONLY reason you have as many players as you do now.
    Many viking streamers quit due to the obvious stream sniping being done against them by LOD, Vendetta, and of naturally Facepunch who has a known streamsniping streamer (JadenXplays) as an officer.
    twitch.tv/jadenxplays/b/569442907
    Time indexes to start at: 37:00 see in game chat that Skytea (of Vendetta) tells Jarden to watch the stream (who must already be watching to get viewer number and channel)
    Time index 38:05 where jaden tells everyone he is stream sniping,
    45:18 asks about stream sniping.

    Most twitch streamers and their viewers treat stream snipers as the worst playing scum on the planet and this community is loaded with them as leaders of many guilds here.

    You can reply if you want but you'll get no reply from me, I'm done with this PR farce and the game completely.
  • Oldgaming dude wrote:

    Most of the vikings have quit, it was supposed to be for an event between the twitch streamers (vikings) and youtubers.
    The streamers brought interest into the game and a new influx of players and the ONLY reason you have as many players as you do now.
    Many viking streamers quit due to the obvious stream sniping being done against them by LOD, Vendetta, and of naturally Facepunch who has a known streamsniping streamer (JadenXplays) as an officer.
    twitch.tv/jadenxplays/b/569442907
    Time indexes to start at: 37:00 see in game chat that Skytea (of Vendetta) tells Jarden to watch the stream (who must already be watching to get viewer number and channel)
    Time index 38:05 where jaden tells everyone he is stream sniping,
    45:18 asks about stream sniping.

    Most twitch streamers and their viewers treat stream snipers as the worst playing scum on the planet and this community is loaded with them as leaders of many guilds here.

    You can reply if you want but you'll get no reply from me, I'm done with this PR farce and the game completely.


    One of the leaders of Facepunch here. We have never used other people's streams to hunt people. Every fight we've encountered has been from roaming. Jordan has at times used Viking's streams as intel for whether or not they know where we are or not but we stopped doing that like a day after he defected. Its up to Viking to control their streamers anyways. On our end Jordan streams and we have him use a delay and avoid giving away our location.