Resolution disadvantage

• Hi there,

there is a limiter for how far away you can see other players in place.

While you see more of surroundings, it doesn't help you, as movable objects are not rendered in that additional space.

-Talion
    Losing my insanity would mean I'm losing everything: the dreams where I can fly.
  • Talion wrote:

Hi there,

While you see more of surroundings, it doesn't help you, as movable objects are not rendered in that additional space.

-Talion
    If you'll believe that, I've got some snake oil in my trunk you might want to buy...

You absolutely CAN see people almost out to the edges of these triple monitor displays.
  • Talion wrote:

Hi there,

-Talion

Pest wrote:

Talion wrote:

Hi there,

-Talion
    If you'll believe that, I've got some snake oil in my trunk you might want to buy...
    You absolutely CAN see people almost out to the edges of these triple monitor displays.
    What he said, yes in Unite Europe video it was mentioned that players wont load all over the map but thats not the case now. Players with zoom hack see whole map with players on it.
  • Talion wrote:

Hi there,

-Talion
    Even if you could not see players, which you probably can now since players report you can, it would still help in gathering as you would see way further where rare resources can be. Don't tell me its not helping that you can see where better resources are sooner than the other guy. Also would help in knowledge of the surroundings as you could run the right way etc. I think all people agree its pretty broken shit. ^^
  • Someone whom I've played with has used triple monitor setup many times to spot other players in the far edges of these displays so I know for a fact that the range limiter is not working.

The amount of ganks I've escaped and accomplished due to his assistance is absolutely unfair, and he can even determine that a number of these players are also using wide displays due to their evasive maneouvers from screens away.

I suggest you devs set up 3x monitors of the same size, same resolution and playtest it yourselves because I am certain you'll be surprised by the results
  • Talion wrote:

Hi there,

-Talion
    You honestly can't be serious.

Certainly, you realize that there's an area of interest around the client where things are rendered within a certain distance from the character controller / camera. This distance is likely larger than someone on a 1920x1080 display, as players with zoom hack are able to see other characters more than 1.5 screens away in that resolution, sometimes 2 depending on the angle.

Manual Occlusion Culling
    One way you guys could fix this is putting a trigger window that toggles objects visible when they come on screen, depending on your resolution. I completely understand that the reason you're rendering people off screen is so that you can hear their actions, however there's absolutely zero gained by having their meshes visible before the camera can actually see them. Make them load in invis and toggle visible if inside the rendering area. This would make it slightly more difficult for zoom hackers to do their thing and would allow you to limit the maximum rendering area for douchebags who want to run the game across multiple monitors.
  • Talion wrote:

Hi there,

-Talion

Pest wrote:

Talion wrote:

Hi there,

-Talion
    I've got a bridge for sale as well. Hit me up on venmo bro.
  • During the next months you desperately need to fix the bot but especially zoom hack problem. This would make any remaining players at least happy. do it now !

Please make this priority 1 so we can have a fun game set the example now to deter cheating in the future. This game is not fun if it's not fair from the start.
  • Kesmai wrote:

During the next months you desperately need to fix the bot but especially zoom hack problem. This would make any remaining players at least happy. do it now !

Please make this priority 1 so we can have a fun game set the example now to deter cheating in the future. This game is not fun if it's not fair from the start.
    u what mate?

we need an arena!
  • Talion wrote:

Hi there,

-Talion
    @Talion, really, tell SI guys to stop repeating this, because there are screenshots all over the forum showing that this is not working!!!
    Please tell SI crew to review this issue and to made a solution again the zoom hack, because right now, this 2 issues are killing the pvp...
    And even if you insist in repeating this, think that a guy with a wide resolution, can see resource nodes from far away (like you can see in IKE SHADOW image.

And be the way, the game will be very much enjoyable and for tactical combat strategies, if the default max zoom out have more distance! (ofc the game should be balance aswell, but right now, is almost imposible with the current view, to have a good coordination while figthing on a pvp of 20 vs 20 or more)

PS:
    Para comprar Albion Online con mi referido haz click aquí -->Comprar :)
    Gracias!!!
  • This should be priority 1. Because it such a huge advantage for gathering and pvp.

I can not believe they did set any kind of limit. Now it seems to be possible to look to the other side of the map without even using any kind of zoom hack. You just have to a big screen or 3 or 10 of them.

The problem is that they want to make it possible to play this game on tables and phones. Witch means it little more difficult to set the values because they differ for each device. But honestly it is no excuse.

They should just let everyone see the whole map if there to lazy to fix it. I hope they will fix it soon.