Gallop Mode & Ganking - Discussion Thread

  • Styanatos wrote:

    "gallop mode should be faster so my casual carebear self doesn't have to spend more time riding"


    Yes. I have limited time and going from a to b should take minimum time. Please tell me what is wrong with that. I am not against any action, gallop shall end the moment there is a flagged person in screen. Tell me what you earn with my boredom. Do you gain fame as I waste time?
    I need to waste time to go from A to B in a green zone when there is no danger except wasting time just because someone else think that this way is more hardcore. I wonder with who you will fight after making everyone get bored and dont play anymore.


    Wasting time is not a property of being hardcore. People should move fast so that they can meet and PVP more often!
  • Except the game is infested with players who believe being able to get killed is a problem? You're in a game designed around pvp and risk versus reward. We roll kids in real fights, and we gank hot spots. Same problem for both, magical mount buff that let's people get away.

    You roll up to us 5v5 we fight, 5v7 we fight, etc etc etc.

    Our biggest reaction is ganking isn't pvp and shouldn't be allowed or fight us fair, and same kids still run away when being outplayed.

    The world size isn't my problem or fault, so why am I the one being punished for it? Why are pvper's always being punished for horrible mistakes?
  • Styanatos wrote:

    You ruined ganking. You ruined PvP. You might as well ruin GvGs too.
    You ruined balanced ganking. You ruined balanced PvP. You might as well ruin balance GvGs too.

    All these "hardcore" players having a whinge because their gravy train got derailed.

    Oh no, now you might actually have to craft something for yourself, and spend time helping your own gatherers and crafters, rather than just taking off others.

    As said earlier, no one plays the game for your benefit.
  • Username wrote:



    maybe instead of "this NOT while naked and this NOT while naked" we just keep the old good "you're slow and weak while naked" approach? noone makes you run around naked, its YOUR PERSONAL damn interest and freaky choice.
    make yourself a home in any location, store it up on horses and equipment and as soon as you die, respawn at home, dress up and stop running around naked like a not very smart person.

    God, I'm close to stop communicating in this forum in general. It's full of people who want to ruin the game by asking for things that benefit them solely and ruin it for thousands of other players.
    Every other guy wants this game to be a game for pure gatherers only or a game for naked runners only or a game for pure farmers only. Can you all please go to your farmvilles or WoW for that "real pvp in balanced numbers" or anything else?
    Why do you guys come to a game promoted as pvp-based and try to ruin it?
    Ok, as you want to start attacking me -

    No one makes me run around naked, the game mechanic forces it because otherwise you risk losing everything everytime you travel from zone to zone. I can have zero risk running naked. I understand people use it to scout and spy, therefore give them fog vision, make other players invisible only NPC stuff visible, plenty of ways to remove this problem you keep harping on about. You seriously think I am the only one to get naked and suicide, or run between cities and zones naked? Have a good look at yourself pal.

    "God, I'm close to stop communicating in this forum in general. It's full of people who want to ruin the game by asking for things that benefit them solely and ruin it for thousands of other players."


    Good god mate. You are never going to make it in life where you know, the guy you voted for didn't get in. This is a feedback board, on a game in development. If I say nothing, its pretty damn sure leaving all the things I would like and think make the game better are just left up to chance. You don't have to agree with me, but you want to be able to have your say, and your way, and yet limit everyone else? Who's being self entitled now?

    "Every other guy wants this game to be a game for pure gatherers only or a game for naked runners only or a game for pure farmers only. Can you all please go to your farmvilles or WoW for that "real pvp in balanced numbers" or anything else? Why do you guys come to a game promoted as pvp-based and try to ruin it?"

    No one said that. If you had been here since alpha, or ever tried playing a gatherer, you would know that before this beta it was very difficult to make a living and hence, very few people were doing it as a "profession". No one ever said people should be unstoppable, you are simply totally unwilling to adapt your tactics to deal with the new mechanic. Are you trying to tell me that since gallop mode was introduced, the escape rate across the entire game is 100%? I think you are kidding yourself pal.

    Stop being such a drama queen. People are allowed to post their ideas and suggestions without being told to F%&*@ off to Farmville. If you don't agree fine, but to then attack the person with vitriol and rubbish. Please, just go get a coffee breathe and relax. For one, there is no guarantee that any suggestion on here gets implemented. The Devs make decisions on it, whether you like it or not also. So just accept that gallop mode is being tested and try to find ways to break it or circumvent it.

    I gave my feedback on it.
    I like it, and I think also limiting what naked scouts can see and giving a run speed boost helps the game.
    It means people are back in action faster rather than spending 25 minutes effectively incapable of participating in the game because they are naked and therefore worth no fame, and drop no loot, this process is sped up and people are back on the chopping block for bloodthirsty pvp'ers quicker. You seem to see everything as a detriment to pvp.
    That's my opinion. Deal with it. Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one, and quite frankly yours stinks.
  • Snorri wrote:

    No one makes me run around naked, the game mechanic forces it because otherwise you risk losing everything everytime you travel from zone to zone. I can have zero risk running naked.
    so the game mechanic forces you to do things because otherwise there will be risk...
    don't we stumble upon the infamous "risk vs reward" thing that the devs keep mentioning? shouldn't faster travel include the enormous risk of losing your mount?
    (what is now? 3-4k for a t3? and you don't need other equipment at all to travel, just the horse. gear even stopped buffing it's speed if you wanted to take the risk and wear it)

    do you even want this game to have "risk vs reward" systems in place? cuz you seem to keep asking for rewards that come with no risk involved.
    if not, are you sure you came to the right game?
  • Username wrote:

    Snorri wrote:

    No one makes me run around naked, the game mechanic forces it because otherwise you risk losing everything everytime you travel from zone to zone. I can have zero risk running naked.
    so the game mechanic forces you to do things because otherwise there will be risk...don't we stumble upon the infamous "risk vs reward" thing that the devs keep mentioning? shouldn't faster travel include the enormous risk of losing your mount?
    (what is now? 3-4k for a t3? and you don't need other equipment at all to travel, just the horse. gear even stopped buffing it's speed if you wanted to take the risk and wear it)

    do you even want this game to have "risk vs reward" systems in place? cuz you seem to keep asking for rewards that come with no risk involved.
    if not, are you sure you came to the right game?
    No it shouldn't. Because just explain to me how giving a naked run speed buff in any way is detrimental to PvP or makes the game less hardcore?
    Does hardcore just mean hours of pointless grind for absolutely no reward, and virtually non existant input into the economy, or game environment at all other than giving someone like you their jollies because "Oh man did you see how quick that naked guy melted to my T7 polehammer artifact? hahahah I bet hes pissed off now he has to run back 4 zones again naked and I'm going to just grief him again". Please explain to me how this is fun for anyone buy you, and what it adds to game economy, or game enjoyment?

    No risk? You do realize that if someone kills while you are naked you get sent to the nearest city, which in black zones is right back where you started. The risk is lost time and loads of it and its boring, even on a T3 horse with totally naked, its boring and you die quick and then lose a T3 horse and have to try it again knowing you are likely to just run back through the same gank. In addition, once you get to the ferry, and back off the black zone continent then you need to suicide to gain 2 or 3 zones that you don't have to walk naked. So that T3 horse is just wasted once you reach the port anyhow, no risk, you just trash it and then suicide...how exactly does this affect you and your pvp dreams one single iota?

    What, Im not allowed to ask now? Honestly mate STFU already with your victim mentality.

    Also, what exactly is the reward from a naked run speed buff? although you've red herringed this all away from the gallop buff.
    its just less time wasted in a mode where you contribute nothing to the game. All I am seeing is upside here.

    The post was edited 2 times, last by Snorri ().

  • Snorri wrote:

    Username wrote:

    Snorri wrote:

    No one makes me run around naked, the game mechanic forces it because otherwise you risk losing everything everytime you travel from zone to zone. I can have zero risk running naked.
    so the game mechanic forces you to do things because otherwise there will be risk...don't we stumble upon the infamous "risk vs reward" thing that the devs keep mentioning? shouldn't faster travel include the enormous risk of losing your mount?(what is now? 3-4k for a t3? and you don't need other equipment at all to travel, just the horse. gear even stopped buffing it's speed if you wanted to take the risk and wear it)

    do you even want this game to have "risk vs reward" systems in place? cuz you seem to keep asking for rewards that come with no risk involved.
    if not, are you sure you came to the right game?
    No it shouldn't. Because just explain to me how giving a naked run speed buff in any way is detrimental to PvP or makes the game less hardcore?Does hardcore just mean hours of pointless grind for absolutely no reward, and virtually non existant input into the economy, or game environment at all other than giving someone like you their jollies because "Oh man did you see how quick that naked guy melted to my T7 polehammer artifact? hahahah I bet hes pissed off now he has to run back 4 zones again naked and I'm going to just grief him again". Please explain to me how this fun for anyone buy you, and what it adds to game economy, or game enjoyment?

    What, Im not allowed to ask now? Honestly mate STFU already with your victim mentality.
    making you run on a horse instead of a "no risk buffed run speed full naked" makes the economy more healthy by letting the gankers loot your horse + giving the horse a chance to trash and make you buy a new one + giving the horse breeders a source of income and sense in what they do.
    don't tell me these 3000 silver are unbearable to spend and instead you need to go ask developers for run speed buffs for naked runners.
  • Username wrote:

    Snorri wrote:

    Username wrote:

    Snorri wrote:

    No one makes me run around naked, the game mechanic forces it because otherwise you risk losing everything everytime you travel from zone to zone. I can have zero risk running naked.
    so the game mechanic forces you to do things because otherwise there will be risk...don't we stumble upon the infamous "risk vs reward" thing that the devs keep mentioning? shouldn't faster travel include the enormous risk of losing your mount?(what is now? 3-4k for a t3? and you don't need other equipment at all to travel, just the horse. gear even stopped buffing it's speed if you wanted to take the risk and wear it)
    do you even want this game to have "risk vs reward" systems in place? cuz you seem to keep asking for rewards that come with no risk involved.
    if not, are you sure you came to the right game?
    No it shouldn't. Because just explain to me how giving a naked run speed buff in any way is detrimental to PvP or makes the game less hardcore?Does hardcore just mean hours of pointless grind for absolutely no reward, and virtually non existant input into the economy, or game environment at all other than giving someone like you their jollies because "Oh man did you see how quick that naked guy melted to my T7 polehammer artifact? hahahah I bet hes pissed off now he has to run back 4 zones again naked and I'm going to just grief him again". Please explain to me how this fun for anyone buy you, and what it adds to game economy, or game enjoyment?
    What, Im not allowed to ask now? Honestly mate STFU already with your victim mentality.
    making you run on a horse instead of a "no risk buffed run speed full naked" makes the economy more healthy by letting the gankers loot your horse + giving the horse a chance to trash and make you buy a new one + giving the horse breeders a source of income and sense in what they do.don't tell me these 3000 silver are unbearable to spend and instead you need to go ask developers for run speed buffs for naked runners.
    First off there is no guarantee the horse isn't just trashed to begin with, and I guarantee you if I have enough time I will personally trash it so you don't get it. So just how is this helping again? Point being, even if a horse is only 3K silver, Im not wasting money on it when its more than likely to be taken or lost actually its guaranteed to be lost once I reach the port, so what would be the point?

    That is what I am telling you. I will not spend the 3K. Period. I make my own horses. I sell them on the AH, not use them to give away or waste on pvp gank squads. So I would certainly not be paying for one, it would be my own stock with all my own farmed and gathered materials. So again, your point falls completely blank. I still do not use this stock to run between towns because I can make more selling them than giving them free to gankers.
  • Snorri wrote:

    Username wrote:

    Snorri wrote:

    Username wrote:

    Snorri wrote:

    No one makes me run around naked, the game mechanic forces it because otherwise you risk losing everything everytime you travel from zone to zone. I can have zero risk running naked.
    so the game mechanic forces you to do things because otherwise there will be risk...don't we stumble upon the infamous "risk vs reward" thing that the devs keep mentioning? shouldn't faster travel include the enormous risk of losing your mount?(what is now? 3-4k for a t3? and you don't need other equipment at all to travel, just the horse. gear even stopped buffing it's speed if you wanted to take the risk and wear it)do you even want this game to have "risk vs reward" systems in place? cuz you seem to keep asking for rewards that come with no risk involved.
    if not, are you sure you came to the right game?
    No it shouldn't. Because just explain to me how giving a naked run speed buff in any way is detrimental to PvP or makes the game less hardcore?Does hardcore just mean hours of pointless grind for absolutely no reward, and virtually non existant input into the economy, or game environment at all other than giving someone like you their jollies because "Oh man did you see how quick that naked guy melted to my T7 polehammer artifact? hahahah I bet hes pissed off now he has to run back 4 zones again naked and I'm going to just grief him again". Please explain to me how this fun for anyone buy you, and what it adds to game economy, or game enjoyment?What, Im not allowed to ask now? Honestly mate STFU already with your victim mentality.
    making you run on a horse instead of a "no risk buffed run speed full naked" makes the economy more healthy by letting the gankers loot your horse + giving the horse a chance to trash and make you buy a new one + giving the horse breeders a source of income and sense in what they do.don't tell me these 3000 silver are unbearable to spend and instead you need to go ask developers for run speed buffs for naked runners.
    First off there is no guarantee the horse isn't just trashed to begin with, and I guarantee you if I have enough time I will personally trash it so you don't get it. So just how is this helping again? Point being, even if a horse is only 3K silver, Im not wasting money on it when its more than likely to be taken or lost actually its guaranteed to be lost once I reach the port, so what would be the point?
    making the economy healthy? have you tried reading my replies a couple times maybe before replying? cuz I already replied to your question in the post you quoted. you just kinda need to read and comprehend it.
  • What I understand is Snorri proposes an action that is possible only when he is naked. The game allows being naked so I don't understand the meaning with forcing players to lose time doing it. Just to force them buy horse so you can kill him and obtain it? This isn't PVP. This is just making another player bored because the game allows it.

    If the person has items on, gallopping is still great for not losing time meaninglessly except it should be modified to stop on encounters and not creating an escapeway from PvP.
  • Malkuth wrote:

    What I understand is Snorri proposes an action that is possible only when he is naked. The game allows being naked so I don't understand the meaning with forcing players to lose time doing it. Just to force them buy horse so you can kill him and obtain it? This isn't PVP. This is just making another player bored because the game allows it.

    If the person has items on, gallopping is still great for not losing time meaninglessly except it should be modified to stop on encounters and not creating an escapeway from PvP.
    you need to read his arguments again. he asks to make his way of avoiding risk better. so he doesn't feel that gimped while avoiding risk.
  • Username, actually I'm done with you here.
    If you want to continue this I am creating another thread because you keep taking it off topic wanting more and more argument over something that doesn't even exist in game.

    If you wish to continue to "discuss" the OP regarding gallop buff here I will happily talk to you here, regarding that. (I use the term in quotes loosely because we aren't discussing anything you are just telling me how stupid you think I am)
  • lol why someone ppl pointing that in IRL noone cant catch horse on foot? Yeah its right but... i play FANTASY MMO RPG GAME where is magic,It should be real to catch horse on foot.
    PPL playing games cuz they want escape from IRL world.
    Right now you need atleast 4 ppl to chatch guy on horse.

    The post was edited 1 time, last by Darrius ().

  • Malkuth wrote:


    For PvP aspect, I agree. There is a problem but the solution is not removing the gallop. Maybe u should add some extra skills to some weapons to make the players fall from mounts.
    This sounds like a good idea.
    Perhaps a magic air based move that yanks them off of their horse? Or maybe slows the horse, preventing it from galloping for a bit. Though I think it would have to be dumb fire, so you can dodge it.
    Not sure if anything like that is possible for any of the other classes, except maybe for the bow, but just having 1 mage that yanks them off of their horse, or keeps it from galloping would probably work.
  • Sagivaleon wrote:

    Malkuth wrote:

    For PvP aspect, I agree. There is a problem but the solution is not removing the gallop. Maybe u should add some extra skills to some weapons to make the players fall from mounts.
    This sounds like a good idea.Perhaps a magic air based move that yanks them off of their horse? Or maybe slows the horse, preventing it from galloping for a bit. Though I think it would have to be dumb fire, so you can dodge it.
    Not sure if anything like that is possible for any of the other classes, except maybe for the bow, but just having 1 mage that yanks them off of their horse, or keeps it from galloping would probably work.
    lay traps, that would be cool. easy enough.Give us new trap items, ropes to stumble on, pike chains to step on, cool stuff to use and take advantage of the terrain, lol


    apply @ our site