Gallop Mode & Ganking - Discussion Thread

  • Just removed gankers from game - seems legit. Every clown now using medium armor + flee+ sword = escape from every gank. May be you wanna remake passive spells on armors? Like t4 medium = 1% move speed, t5 medium 1.5% e.t.c. Light armors same t4 = 2% dmg, t5 = 3% dmg, t6 = 4% dmg. It will help a lot and will force ppl to wear better gear everytime and it will give good gankers chances to get horse on high tiers.
    Now difference between tiers only with hp/damage numbers. Make sprints better on higher tiers and worse on lower tiers. For example t4 light boots = 30% move speed with run, t4 = 40% , t5 = 50 e.t.c.
    Players should pay attention with risk&reward system. Gallop mode pretty awesome , but you need to make something like you have only half of your normal horse speed if you being attacked. But imho problem of gankers = you can use t5.2 tier to gank a 6.3 guy, just because you can easily run from him.
    But tbh just back teleports 2 times per day in black zones (with super high prices), that will resolve all of your problems lol.

    The post was edited 1 time, last by KuroiAida ().

  • Korn wrote:


    • It is designed in such a way that it does not affect ganking: any damage instantly cancels the gallop mode and prevents it from being reenabled for a certain amount of time

    It is deeply discouraging how incorrect this statement is.

    Gallop is so fast that there are only a few gear combinations that can keep up and only for a brief time. You then have to stop to auto attack or use an ability, wasting movement speed up-time.

    This is assuming that you are ranged. Melee has basically zero chance unless they ride right on top of you.

    Catching people in overworld PVP is now the hardest it's ever been, and requires more people than ever before. Gate camping and zerging chests is what the game is now.
  • Meh everyone alrdy said we wanted faster movement speed on roads only, or other options to travel maps more easily. Now u influenced pvp through a mount buff that was needed becus all new maps are giant sized. so now u fix maps being giant sized and weird designs (there all open plains, no chokepoints,no strategy like the old maps) by adding a mount buff that will bring in other problems. Many people alrdy pointed this out so its not like its a surprise.

    I cant give any more suggestions, if your gonna try and fix stuff like this in a way that it will create other problems its gets too unlogical for me.Like the reputation system. Just try to think about something u put into the game: Pro's and Cons. Think about it for 2 whole days before implementing it. If there is a way youll only get pros and not cons then thats probably the best way even if this takes the most programming/time.

    Everyone just try and accept: only way to pvp in this new albion: Quit your job, play a lot, get 3 char premium, join a big guild. Royal islands are just for moving around quick and learning.. how to gather and craft etc I guess, the basics of the game.

    The post was edited 1 time, last by mAdm0nk ().

  • Gallop mode, reputation, and map have been a complete disaster imo...

    Last beta was great, all it was missing was content. With these changes you effectively removed tons of content from your game and for what reason? I am so utterly disappointed in this beta I can't believe it!! You guys need to think critically about the consequences of your ideas...we are all counting on you to make the game it looked like you were trying to make when you started. You seem to be completely lacking a clear vision for your game now.

    Please stop ruining small scale pvp!
  • Honestly, seems like a rather bad update.
    I feel getting a speed buff while on the roads only would work a lot better.



    mAdm0nk wrote:

    Meh everyone alrdy said we wanted faster movement speed on roads only, or other options to travel maps more easily. Now u influenced pvp through a mount buff that was needed becus all new maps are giant sized. so now u fix maps being giant sized and weird designs (there all open plains, no chokepoints,no strategy like the old maps) by adding a mount buff that will bring in other problems. Many people alrdy pointed this out so its not like its a surprise.

    I cant give any more suggestions, if your gonna try and fix stuff like this in a way that it will create other problems its gets too unlogical for me.Like the reputation system. Just try to think about something u put into the game: Pro's and Cons. Think about it for 2 whole days before implementing it. If there is a way youll only get pros and not cons then thats probably the best way even if this takes the most programming/time.
    I 100% agree.
  • The obvious solution really is to limit travel mode to roads. The current implementation has a completely skewed risk/reward ratio. You can move extremely fast through zones while avoiding all ganking spots by moving through obscure paths.

    If you want to travel fast, you'll have to assume the risk of getting ganked on roads. Also moves gate camping more towards crossroads and heavily trafficked roads.
  • Swordlord wrote:

    Korn wrote:


    • It is designed in such a way that it does not affect ganking: any damage instantly cancels the gallop mode and prevents it from being reenabled for a certain amount of time

    It is deeply discouraging how incorrect this statement is.
    Gallop is so fast that there are only a few gear combinations that can keep up and only for a brief time. You then have to stop to auto attack or use an ability, wasting movement speed up-time.

    This is assuming that you are ranged. Melee has basically zero chance unless they ride right on top of you.

    Catching people in overworld PVP is now the hardest it's ever been, and requires more people than ever before. Gate camping and zerging chests is what the game is now.
    No, that statement is 100% correct.

    Even before Gallop mode, only some people could catch horses, depending on what gear they are using. This hasn't changed at all; before, you had to have someone stun or root a horse. Now, you still need someone to stun or root the horse. Even a healer can auto attack a horse as it runs by, which in turn slows it down for someone with claws (as an example) to root it.

    I don't know which section of the map you're playing, but where I'm located at, I see people catching horses all the time since the new update.

    Fortunately gate camping is no longer a thing in my area; gate camping is for carebear scrubs anyways.

    Anyways, the Gallop mode benefits both open world pvp and gathering and I sincerely hope it stays. For roaming pvp, it's so much easier for opposing guilds/alliances to come into contact and therefore fight now, since everyone is moving faster. Roaming around no longer feels like a chore.

    Hopefully the Gallop mode will remain as is, and not be changed to Roads only. People will just avoid using the roads because gankers will be waiting on them, and we'll all be right back to the original problem: taking forever to cross giant zones.

    The post was edited 1 time, last by Ophelia ().

  • Ophelia wrote:

    Swordlord wrote:

    Korn wrote:


    • It is designed in such a way that it does not affect ganking: any damage instantly cancels the gallop mode and prevents it from being reenabled for a certain amount of time

    It is deeply discouraging how incorrect this statement is.Gallop is so fast that there are only a few gear combinations that can keep up and only for a brief time. You then have to stop to auto attack or use an ability, wasting movement speed up-time.

    This is assuming that you are ranged. Melee has basically zero chance unless they ride right on top of you.

    Catching people in overworld PVP is now the hardest it's ever been, and requires more people than ever before. Gate camping and zerging chests is what the game is now.
    No, that statement is 100% correct.
    Even before Gallop mode, only some people could catch horses, depending on what gear they are using. This hasn't changed at all; before, you had to have someone stun or root a horse. Now, you still need someone to stun or root the horse. Even a healer can auto attack a horse as it runs by, which in turn slows it down for someone with claws (as an example) to root it.

    I don't know which section of the map you're playing, but where I'm located at, I see people catching horses all the time since the new update.

    Fortunately gate camping is no longer a thing in my area; gate camping is for carebear scrubs anyways.

    Anyways, the Gallop mode benefits both open world pvp and gathering and I sincerely hope it stays. For roaming pvp, it's so much easier for opposing guilds/alliances to come into contact and therefore fight now, since everyone is moving faster. Roaming around no longer feels like a chore.

    Hopefully the Gallop mode will remain as is, and not be changed to Roads only. People will just avoid using the roads because gankers will be waiting on them, and we'll all be right back to the original problem: taking forever to cross giant zones.
    you're just speaking nonsense in every gallop thread there is. wanna perform the tests with video recorded?
    I'll run past you (not over you) on a t5 horse and you'll dismount me solo with any build you want.
    Do that or stop posting this nonsense of yours that tries to benefit players who don't want to pvp in a pvp-based game.

    Currently there is no build in this game AT ALL that can technically catch up to a horse and "stun or root the horse". If you think otherwise, please describe me this set of gear than you think technically can catch up to a horse and root\stun it given that you can't start with a charge straight away since all charges except shield charge have their range at 9m now and at current horse speeds these charges will most likely not work at all.
  • For my opinion - galop mod is absolutely n1 thing. 2 guys with swords shouldnt kill another one at Horse! Hi is at horse! He should run faster! Much more faster than this two guys. Gankers should make ambush now to kill someone, thats interesting and funny :) love gallop
  • Username wrote:

    Ophelia wrote:

    Swordlord wrote:

    Korn wrote:


    • It is designed in such a way that it does not affect ganking: any damage instantly cancels the gallop mode and prevents it from being reenabled for a certain amount of time

    It is deeply discouraging how incorrect this statement is.Gallop is so fast that there are only a few gear combinations that can keep up and only for a brief time. You then have to stop to auto attack or use an ability, wasting movement speed up-time.
    This is assuming that you are ranged. Melee has basically zero chance unless they ride right on top of you.

    Catching people in overworld PVP is now the hardest it's ever been, and requires more people than ever before. Gate camping and zerging chests is what the game is now.
    No, that statement is 100% correct.Even before Gallop mode, only some people could catch horses, depending on what gear they are using. This hasn't changed at all; before, you had to have someone stun or root a horse. Now, you still need someone to stun or root the horse. Even a healer can auto attack a horse as it runs by, which in turn slows it down for someone with claws (as an example) to root it.

    I don't know which section of the map you're playing, but where I'm located at, I see people catching horses all the time since the new update.

    Fortunately gate camping is no longer a thing in my area; gate camping is for carebear scrubs anyways.

    Anyways, the Gallop mode benefits both open world pvp and gathering and I sincerely hope it stays. For roaming pvp, it's so much easier for opposing guilds/alliances to come into contact and therefore fight now, since everyone is moving faster. Roaming around no longer feels like a chore.

    Hopefully the Gallop mode will remain as is, and not be changed to Roads only. People will just avoid using the roads because gankers will be waiting on them, and we'll all be right back to the original problem: taking forever to cross giant zones.
    you're just speaking nonsense in every gallop thread there is. wanna perform the tests with video recorded?I'll run past you (not over you) on a t5 horse and you'll dismount me solo with any build you want.
    Do that or stop posting this nonsense of yours that tries to benefit players who don't want to pvp in a pvp-based game.

    Currently there is no build in this game AT ALL that can technically catch up to a horse and "stun or root the horse". If you think otherwise, please describe me this set of gear than you think technically can catch up to a horse and root\stun it given that you can't start with a charge straight away since all charges except shield charge have their range at 9m now and at current horse speeds these charges will most likely not work at all.
    From a tactical perspective, a guy on horse would not even blink twice at 1 guy on foot. Sorry to all the solo gankers who are hurt that its impossible to catch a horse on foot - you can't do it IRL so quit complaining. It is healthy that it requires 3+ people and proper circumstances to down a horse. On the other hand I feel that mounts are much quieter than they used to be. They should bump up the volume of the base noise to make them easier to track and maybe even have them leave markings on the floor for a duration. This would allow you to find and kill solo gatherers as a solo ganker in a healthy way, when they are unmounted.
  • I see a majority of complaints towards gallop being people on T6+ mounts, heres my suggestion to potentially fix that problem.

    Make the gallop buff weaker on higher tier mounts, and also make the gallop buff's cooldown longer if your hit by another player. Normally it's 8 seconds if you take ANY damage, but I think if a player deals damage it should make the gallop buff stay down for much longer, like 40 seconds.

    PVP is healthy for this game, gallop is awesome for when your just going through those large areas with nothing happening, but if someone is actually trying to kill you then it shouldn't be so easy to get away from them.


    Also guys cmon, feedback should be constructive. Explain your reasonings why a feature is causing problems, quit the "Albion is now ruined" crap. Obviously to those of you who actually are being constructive, I commend you on your efforts to make albion better.
    https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/14255-Quality-of-Life-Improvement-Suggestions/
    https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/14718-Gatherer-s-Equipment/
    https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/14282-Suggestion-to-make-Mission-NPC-s-feel-less-intrusive
  • Ferrio wrote:

    For my opinion - galop mod is absolutely n1 thing. 2 guys with swords shouldnt kill another one at Horse! Hi is at horse! He should run faster! Much more faster than this two guys. Gankers should make ambush now to kill someone, thats interesting and funny :) love gallop
    people who argument mounted people being uncatchable by unmounted people with real life parallels are... let's say it softly... not very smart.

    Game has mounted fighting disabled for balance reasons and that's why unmounted people should be able to catch mounted people. DONT COMPARE GAME MECHANICS TO REAL LIFE otherwise give me the ability to shoot my bows and crossbows while riding before discussing any further real life balance issues.
  • Username wrote:

    Do that or stop posting this nonsense of yours that tries to benefit players who don't want to pvp in a pvp-based game
    No need. I also don't record video game play and have no desire to do so at this time. Maybe upon official release I'll get into recording game play.

    I don't post nonsense either, thanks though!

    If you don't want to pvp in a pvp based game... please consider finding a different game to play then, since this is clearly not the game for you.

    Anyways, back on topic. It should be hard for solo gankers to knock someone off their horse, regardless of the gear they are wearing. If you want to run around ganking people, you might be better off attacking people who are already dismounted. While I personally find that to be easy and boring pvp, I realize some enjoy it. But before it was to easy; now it requires some tactic. This benefits everyone.