Gallop Mode

• Gallop Mode

With their new Gallop Mode mounts have become way more mobile, which has a strong impact on the game. First and most important traversal is now much faster and feels better. Ganking a mount is also now a lot more difficult, especially for solo gankers. However, we believe that ganking mounts was clearly too easy before - if a majority of mounted players face certain death whenever they encounter a ganker, they will eventually avoid using mounts altogether or avoid going out into pvp zones, ultimately decreasing the prey for the ganker too. To keep mounted players encouraged to travel through PvP areas, it is important that their chances to escape from ganks need to be reasonable.
    Keep in mind this is the testing server. These values are not set in stone and might change before the patch hits live. We will review the feature, and if mounts turn out to be too strong for disengagement, we will adjust its balance.
    We also revisited the roles of the rare mounts and adjusted some of their values to better differentiate them.

Really it was to easy to catch people on mounts? really do this people actually play this game? and do they even pvp? im starting to understand why this game is going down the drain.I always thought that it was the community that was the carebeers but it seems to me that its the game designers.Are u all Yellow zone crafters or somthing wtf is this?

ok lets take the most typical scenario and lets say im Warbow

i camp a bridge...some one comes by. i Hit Sprint and PRAY that i hit my Stun * if i dont hit the stun..the guy will 100% get away* after some praying i do manage to get the stun BAM.Now i have to hit the guy enought to dismount him *keep in mind that i have waste my sprint so if he has friends waiting for him close by then i have no way of escaping* . But im a Proffesional so i do manage to take him down the mount.What do he do? he SPRINTS and ofcourse i cant sprint after him because my sprint is on cooldown.He sprints away remounts and gets away.as a solo pvp player this happens alote...even in grps some times cause the grp uses sprint to catch the guy..he gets downed and sprints away and the grp cant take him because of cooldowns ive made this escape many times its nothing speicial

*If a majority of players face certain death whenever they encounter a ganker they will eventually avoid using mounts?* 2 problems here
    1. after my exampel can u still tell me that its hard to get away from a gank? if so maybe you should reconcide playing this game cause maybe just maybe its to hard for you
    2 ppl will eventually stop using mounts? really what they gonna start walking everywhere? they will stop entering the black zones? good if they cant do somthing as simpel as getting away from a ganker then clearly they should not be in the dangerous zones i thought that was the point of the easy zones? you know to get ppl to learn the game befor going to the dangerous zones?.

oow this one is a goody
    To keep mounted players encouraged to travel through PvP areas, it is important that their chances to escape from ganks need to be reasonable.

Really? like really really? maybe they would be encouraged to travel to pvp areas if the pvp areas gave some kind of benefitt for being there.Dont the safe zone and PVP zones have the same rewards? like resources? fame etc, yes u incrase some stuff with like 5% but clearly this is not enough to make ppl go to a place where u can get killed and robbed for the same reward that u can get on a safe zone...Maybe that was the problem that made ppl not go to the pvp area not that they cant outrun pks....
  • I want fast travel from red towns to be re-instated back. Because running naked to my headquarters through PvP zones (after being teleported to a red town) doesn't add anything interesting to the game.
    And gallop is actually wonderful. Especially for oxes. I just want a blockade runner version - with lower cargo weight but much faster and with stealth.
  • Vegetus wrote:

With their new Gallop Mode mounts have become way more mobile, which has a strong impact on the game. First and most important traversal is now much faster and feels better. Ganking a mount is also now a lot more difficult, especially for solo gankers. However, we believe that ganking mounts was clearly too easy before - if a majority of mounted players face certain death whenever they encounter a ganker, they will eventually avoid using mounts altogether or avoid going out into pvp zones, ultimately decreasing the prey for the ganker too. To keep mounted players encouraged to travel through PvP areas, it is important that their chances to escape from ganks need to be reasonable.
    Keep in mind this is the testing server. These values are not set in stone and might change before the patch hits live. We will review the feature, and if mounts turn out to be too strong for disengagement, we will adjust its balance.
    We also revisited the roles of the rare mounts and adjusted some of their values to better differentiate them.

Really it was to easy to catch people on mounts? really do this people actually play this game? and do they even pvp? im starting to understand why this game is going down the drain.I always thought that it was the community that was the carebeers but it seems to me that its the game designers.Are u all Yellow zone crafters or somthing wtf is this?

i camp a bridge...some one comes by. i Hit Sprint and PRAY that i hit my Stun * if i dont hit the stun..the guy will 100% get away* after some praying i do manage to get the stun BAM.Now i have to hit the guy enought to dismount him *keep in mind that i have waste my sprint so if he has friends waiting for him close by then i have no way of escaping* . But im a Proffesional so i do manage to take him down the mount.What do he do? he SPRINTS and ofcourse i cant sprint after him because my sprint is on cooldown.He sprints away remounts and gets away.as a solo pvp player this happens alote...even in grps some times cause the grp uses sprint to catch the guy..he gets downed and sprints away and the grp cant take him because of cooldowns ive made this escape many times its nothing speicial

*If a majority of players face certain death whenever they encounter a ganker they will eventually avoid using mounts?* 2 problems here
    1. after my exampel can u still tell me that its hard to get away from a gank? if so maybe you should reconcide playing this game cause maybe just maybe its to hard for you
    2 ppl will eventually stop using mounts? really what they gonna start walking everywhere? they will stop entering the black zones? good if they cant do somthing as simpel as getting away from a ganker then clearly they should not be in the dangerous zones i thought that was the point of the easy zones? you know to get ppl to learn the game befor going to the dangerous zones?.

oow this one is a goody
    To keep mounted players encouraged to travel through PvP areas, it is important that their chances to escape from ganks need to be reasonable.

Really? like really really? maybe they would be encouraged to travel to pvp areas if the pvp areas gave some kind of benefitt for being there.Dont the safe zone and PVP zones have the same rewards? like resources? fame etc, yes u incrase some stuff with like 5% but clearly this is not enough to make ppl go to a place where u can get killed and robbed for the same reward that u can get on a safe zone...Maybe that was the problem that made ppl not go to the pvp area not that they cant outrun pks....
    This post is proof that people in this game don't want "Open World PvP" they want the ability to gank others that don't have the chance to defend themselves. And I bet you consider yourself good?

What they need to do is change it so that if you take damage from another player while mounted you can dismount and actually fight back without having skill CDs.
  • Kezlien wrote:

Vegetus wrote:

oow this one is a goody

This post is proof that people in this game don't want "Open World PvP" they want the ability to gank others that don't have the chance to defend themselves. And I bet you consider yourself good?
    What they need to do is change it so that if you take damage from another player while mounted you can dismount and actually fight back without having skill CDs.

^that
  • QQ Thread, what you want? a bazooka to kill all players in horse?

I use hammer and I don't go solo pvp roaming the world because I HAVEN'T A GOOD 1 VS 1 BUILD, if you want to hunt horses and your build doesn't work, change your build.

The ridiculously thing was before, when players could run more than a t5 horse through 2 maps and kill you.
    - Be water my pleb.

• Whin wrote:

QQ Thread, what you want? a bazooka to kill all players in horse?

I use hammer and I don't go solo pvp roaming the world because I HAVEN'T A GOOD 1 VS 1 BUILD, if you want to hunt horses and your build doesn't work, change your build.

The ridiculously thing was before, when players could run more than a t5 horse through 2 maps and kill you.
    You don't do much PK roam do u?

Claymore is only build that is able to catch up to t6 horse atm , and that weapon is broken , do you wnat all pkers to be forced to play claymore?

fix claymore , bring back old mount speed , problem solved.
  • VetonB wrote:

Frostweaver wrote:

lol if your definition of roaming is killing mounted gatherers and mounted solo players, RiP ego trippers. :P
    No but pking is a part of this game , and they are ruining it.
    And what you mean "solo" You can kill group of players on horses , or atleast you used to be able to.

Can someone ban all the idiots that dont even PvP from PvP forum section pls?
    You can still kill them just harder, i prefer actual fighting instead of road robbery that you prefer.
  • Kezlien wrote:

Couldn't agree more
  • VetonB wrote:

Frostweaver wrote:

lol if your definition of roaming is killing mounted gatherers and mounted solo players, RiP ego trippers. :P
    No but pking is a part of this game , and they are ruining it.
    And what you mean "solo" You can kill group of players on horses , or atleast you used to be able to.

Is that you?
    albiononline.com/ru/killboard/player/0FpY0J_nRfanyG6v9QFNWw
    :D :D :D :D :D :D
  • Rokov wrote:

VetonB wrote:

Frostweaver wrote:

No but pking is a part of this game , and they are ruining it.And what you mean "solo" You can kill group of players on horses , or atleast you used to be able to.

Is that you?albiononline.com/ru/killboard/player/0FpY0J_nRfanyG6v9QFNWw
    :D :D :D :D :D :D
    albiononline.com/ru/killboard/player/AlNs8rBeSKqaYFVIqO4jFw
    ^ this
    and also rank 1 7 month long last beta with 60m pvp fame :)