Who is the target audience for Albion Online

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• This is what I said almost a year ago, when the idea of a reputation system was first floated.

Believe it or not, I was correct.

Lensar schrieb:

Reputation/Justice Systems

I totally get the frustration with large groups and zergs, but a reputation/justice system is a horrible idea.

A reputation system isn't just something you spuriously throw into a complex MMO system. An effective reputation system needs be a holistic part of the overall game design from the start, to have any chance of being successful. Even then, most systems just become mini-games themselves that people learn to game and work around.

Think about why reputation/justice systems created. Hell, not just in game but in real life, too. The goal of these systems discourage certain types of behavior. The systems reward compliance and punish non-compliance. What behavior are we trying to discourage with our rep/jus system? Zerging? Random KoS? PvP?

Look, players are always going to want to zerg up and kill solo and small groups of players. PvP in AO is amazingly fun and people really enjoy doing it. Stealing people's shit is amazingly fun too. Getting your own shit stolen isn't fun at all. As long as these fact don't change, people will zerg up and kill others.

Here's the issue: Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, you can do with a reputation/justice system will stop people from random zerg killing. No amount of crime points, or murder count, or penalties will ever prevent them from doing what they enjoy doing in the game. Any system harsh enough to stop random zerg killing would be harsh enough to stop people from playing the game.

The best we can do is aim to have the rest of the design in the game promote more balanced pvp, though the GvG system, hostility, and other systems that are already in place.
    • SamDog schrieb:

The player that matters in the one who pays the bills by buying gold with real money. Anyone else in the game is just there to keep the gold buyers happy and buying more gold.

The idea is poor people gather and craft weapons for rich people to kill them with while they gather.

So who is this game for? The ones who pay real money.

your humble servent
      SamDog
      Pretty much spot on. And it'll suffer the same fate as Archeage.
    • Daemion schrieb:

SamDog schrieb:

The player that matters in the one who pays the bills by buying gold with real money. Anyone else in the game is just there to keep the gold buyers happy and buying more gold.

The idea is poor people gather and craft weapons for rich people to kill them with while they gather.

your humble servent
      SamDog
      Well,

What about those people that make a bow and rob the rich ?
      People who buy gold such as founders have brought gold.
      People who want to short cut for gears buy more gold and trade and or help the people that have contributed to the gameplay that is not for all.
      We all have bills we all enjoy different aspects of the game.
      Money is proven not too solve all the problems in real life or game life.
      The most gifted often come from nothing and have had to make do and use the mother of all, invention.

So I payed real money I just choose not too waste.
      I will keep people like u happy by making you spend more money.
      G.
    • Agreed, the game is starting to cater more towards the casual player to attract large audiences. Seems to me like they can't make up their mind on pvp/pve and are trying to cater to both sides. My only complaint is that I was brought into this as a pvp'er and the progression is so flat there is hardly any difference between the tiers. The worst thing you can do to a pvp'er is create an equalized environment where the weapons and gear they worked for are almost meaningless. Currently the fact that I can kill a player in 7.3 with 5.3 without breaking much of a sweat makes the tier progression almost not worth the effort.

To add to my point they've already scaled down yellow zones, therefore I don't see why the progression from each tier could be slightly higher than what it is making it more rewarding and desirable to tier up.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von sp33dr4ge ()

• Daemion schrieb:

SamDog schrieb:

your humble servent
      SamDog
      Not even close. Knowing the type of game this is, I'm even surprised there is someone making posts like this.
    • sp33dr4ge schrieb:

Agreed, the game is starting to cater more towards the casual player to attract large audiences. Seems to me like they can't make up their mind on pvp/pve and are trying to cater to both sides. My only complaint is that I was brought into this as a pvp'er and the progression is so flat there is hardly any difference between the tiers. The worst thing you can do to a pvp'er is create an equalized environment where the weapons and gear they worked for are almost meaningless. Currently the fact that I can kill a player in 7.3 with 5.3 without breaking much of a sweat makes the tier progression almost not worth the effort.

To add to my point they've already scaled down yellow zones, therefore I don't see why the progression from each tier could be slightly higher than what it is making it more rewarding and desirable to tier up.
      True true,
      This needs to be a seperate post.
      The scaling of gear really needs to be adressed, is it as you state not worth the effort.
      The mastery needs to go up to at least 20 mabye higher.
      The gear as in tier needs drastic improvement.
      Gone are the days that you would actually look at a single guy and wonder if he was going to kill your party of three singled handed due to his legendary 6.6 gear set.
      When I gather now its like droning not grinding without the .5 and .6.
      G.
    • Pasky schrieb:

I personally hate LP, but maybe they introduced it so I can park my character with the hope of the game eventually becoming fun again. Unfortunately, I have the feeling I'm no longer the target audience anymore, so I wonder if that day will actually come. Back into hibernation I go.
      Man I feel the same way, The game went from being this great Journey where I could be in game for hours on end day after day and never get bored just roaming around meeting new people the pvp, pve was good gathering grinding full loot you could use tactics to take down your enemy its was the full package a game that everyone had been waiting for.

And then you could see that with each patch was getting more and more Soft core and ruining the perfect vision for this game. Since then it feels like the game is being designed for 12 year old kids starting to Pvp and get competitive for the first time in there lives. The combat has gone from something special to this sad system where we just face tank each other there is close to no tactical advantage left in the game no Fight for resources Looting other players doesn't feel special anymore the maps are just endless zones with no purpose.

I keep coming back because i know there is one of the best pvp mmo's there is, underneath all these game ruining patches and we will probably never have that game back even though the patches are going in the right direction now. The game will most likely never feel the same every again just because of a few systems hurting the whole experience.

The simple things count.
    • Blinkz schrieb:

Pasky schrieb:

I personally hate LP, but maybe they introduced it so I can park my character with the hope of the game eventually becoming fun again. Unfortunately, I have the feeling I'm no longer the target audience anymore, so I wonder if that day will actually come. Back into hibernation I go.
      Man I feel the same way, The game went from being this great Journey where I could be in game for hours on end day after day and never get bored just roaming around meeting new people the pvp, pve was good gathering grinding full loot you could use tactics to take down your enemy its was the full package a game that everyone had been waiting for.
      And then you could see that with each patch was getting more and more Soft core and ruining the perfect vision for this game. Since then it feels like the game is being designed for 12 year old kids starting to Pvp and get competitive for the first time in there lives. The combat has gone from something special to this sad system where we just face tank each other there is close to no tactical advantage left in the game no Fight for resources Looting other players doesn't feel special anymore the maps are just endless zones with no purpose.

I keep coming back because i know there is one of the best pvp mmo's there is, underneath all these game ruining patches and we will probably never have that game back even though the patches are going in the right direction now. The game will most likely never feel the same every again just because of a few systems hurting the whole experience.

The simple things count.
      OMG he also has eyes that c
      The .5 and .6 gone
      The shit silver and fame.
      the joke cc and hp for each dung.
      Mega maps.
      Gaming is meant to be fun right.
      I so agree with this!!!!!!!

Regards,

G,
    • sp33dr4ge schrieb:

Agreed, the game is starting to cater more towards the casual player to attract large audiences. Seems to me like they can't make up their mind on pvp/pve and are trying to cater to both sides. My only complaint is that I was brought into this as a pvp'er and the progression is so flat there is hardly any difference between the tiers. The worst thing you can do to a pvp'er is create an equalized environment where the weapons and gear they worked for are almost meaningless. Currently the fact that I can kill a player in 7.3 with 5.3 without breaking much of a sweat makes the tier progression almost not worth the effort.

So you are a pvp player who wants gear to be more important than skill? I'm a vegan on meat diet.
    • Omnio schrieb:

sp33dr4ge schrieb:

So you are a pvp player who wants gear to be more important than skill? I'm a vegan on meat diet.
      I actually like the skill gap > money gear honestly. Sure gear helps in stats, but like in LoL if you're good with your skill shots like the spear skills in this game, dodging, interrupting at the right time, etc. it's more fun that way.
    • well.. I read something as " the game is starting to cater more towards the casual player "
      its very subjective due to albion online that what we call casual and hard core...
      Its not about casual pvp or hard core pvp player thats for sure!
      Its about casual and hard core grinder

If anyone can kill me in a duel till he wears 2 tier lower gear than me, I give him my whole bank! - long story short : )
    • Suron schrieb:

Omnio schrieb:

sp33dr4ge schrieb:

I actually like the skill gap > money gear honestly. Sure gear helps in stats, but like in LoL if you're good with your skill shots like the spear skills in this game, dodging, interrupting at the right time, etc. it's more fun that way.
      Your missing my point, the progression gap is so flat right now and minimal per tier that why even have it at all? It feels to me it's just something to do and grind for, but the gains not substantial enough to justify the grind. Believe me when I say a 4.3 can just as easily kill a 6.3, and it shouldn't be as easy as it is now, that's all I am saying.
    • GMANG schrieb:

sp33dr4ge schrieb:

True true,This needs to be a seperate post.
      The scaling of gear really needs to be adressed, is it as you state not worth the effort.
      The mastery needs to go up to at least 20 mabye higher.
      The gear as in tier needs drastic improvement.
      Gone are the days that you would actually look at a single guy and wonder if he was going to kill your party of three singled handed due to his legendary 6.6 gear set.
      When I gather now its like droning not grinding without the .5 and .6.
      G.
      My question then is.. should this be a geared based game or a skill based game?
    • sp33dr4ge schrieb:

Suron schrieb:

Omnio schrieb:

sp33dr4ge schrieb:

Your missing my point, the progression gap is so flat right now and minimal per tier that why even have it at all? It feels to me it's just something to do and grind for, but the gains not substantial enough to justify the grind. Believe me when I say a 4.3 can just as easily kill a 6.3, and it shouldn't be as easy as it is now, that's all I am saying.
      I haven't play in awhile so there could of been some changes i am unaware of but when I played assuming both characters were skilled then the 6.3 will win unless he's at a disadvantage due to gear types compared to the 4.3. But honestly I think any pvp eccentric game, skill should be more of a focus over gear.