Frost Staff Under-powered

• The CC element of frost is just under tuned. Frost beam should scale from 30-70% instead of 10-50%. Ice bomb, if they're going to keep it easy to dodge, should slow for double what it does now (40% instead of 20%). Then since frost bolt is spamable just a slight nudge up to 25-30% is all that's probably needed. Frost should be a counter to low mobility melee and currently only icicle staff with its 75% slow actually does that. Thats why frosts current 20% slows feel like (and essentially are) nothing.
    • So,

Another beta and same shit!

Frost lost its slows and glacial dosent stack damage.
      Mage chest armour is obselete now with cleric's chest change.
      The w frost root is escapable with leap on bows so thats glitched.
      Single hand is crap.
      Honestly why is anyone playing anything other than fire and cursed?
      The devs need to polish and little time to do so.
      I dont need to run numbers I know through duels and playing for long time.
      The attack circle for frost needs to be larger.
      I remember when you used t8 staff the glacial and great circle got larger so it was harder to dodge.
      Why have they made this build so shit?
      Is there a reason?
      Fix this shit the slows are why frost is played balance the builds stop debuffing something and buff the underdog.
      If you feel you can justify what is occuring then go ahead.
      Rant done.
      Makes me not want to play.

G.G.
    • Heppernaut schrieb:

Sharkesha schrieb:

If you think fire or frost doesn't do damage I think you need to look At the user instead of the weapon. As someone that mained fire last beta and started frost this beta, damage is something I never felt I was missing.
      I don't really want more damage on Frost Staff. In fact I'd sacrifice like 20% of the damage for a 15% increase in CC
      wear leather? assasins chest is 20%~ less damage and 20% more cc...
    • madskillet schrieb:

Heppernaut schrieb:

Sharkesha schrieb:

If you think fire or frost doesn't do damage I think you need to look At the user instead of the weapon. As someone that mained fire last beta and started frost this beta, damage is something I never felt I was missing.
      I don't really want more damage on Frost Staff. In fact I'd sacrifice like 20% of the damage for a 15% increase in CC
      wear leather? assasins chest is 20%~ less damage and 20% more cc...
      Not quite. 20% less damage, but 20% cc duration. He's asking for increased cc strength.

I've played around with plate builds. The cc is so weak that increasing the duration does not do a whole lot.
    • Something like this

Frost Bolt: -10% Damage in exchange for a 30% Slow
      Hoar Frost: -20% Damage, Instant Cast
      Frost Bomb: -20% Damage Enemies within the detonation area are slowed 50% before detonation.
      Frost Nova: 8m range
      Frost Beam: Deal 150% more damage, Instant non Channeled, Slow 35% Movespeed, 25% Attackspeed

Freezing Wind: +40% Root Time
      Hail: -20% Damage, +30% Slow
      Ice Storm: Reduce Travel Distance, Increase Area +20%

I actually think that the Hoarfrost Staff and Icicle Staff have acceptable E's.

I also think that instead of every 4 attacks it roots the opponent, it should be every 5 casts you slow your opponent 20% for 5s or something.
    • frost staffs should be known for the CC instead of damage. they should be the slow and freeze instead of damage. this is what role they should have.

fire should be Major DPS (some single target builds and some aoe builds)

frost should be major CC/2ndary damage

arcane is buffs/support W/2ndary damage

curse is debuffs/2ndary damage

holy is a healing/2ndary damage

so why does all the CC on frost still suck and never work in a fight (unless you have artifact E moves)