Frost Staff Under-powered

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• RoyalCat schrieb:

Arcane OP?
      If you go support with magnetic arcane you rely on teammate, your spell damage = 0 beside witch staff arcane for AOE but why choose witch staff if you can have frost/ fire
      Why do you talk just about "OP"? I said "are powerful", that means, they are in a good position. I'm not talking about OP. Of course you don't have damage with an arcane staff, does it need to be a dmg weapon to be "OP"? I think you just know two things: OP and damage weapons.
    • I second this. As someone who plays 100 percent frost Mage I feel it lacks in GVGS. There is no stun or silence, and the damage is easy to avoid.

Suggestions
      Hailstorm should be one tick for the full damage, not two. This suggestion is if they don't want to give frost any more CC. Otherwise it should combo with the effect listed below

Improve frostbolt slow to around 30 to 35 percent to allow kiting. In a game ripe with gap closers, it's very hard to kite many classes. My alternative suggestion would be to apply an on hit stack to enemies in a certain radius Up to 3 stacks. Hailstorm should then stun players for a time based off the stacks.

Frostbomb should either pull enemies to the middle of it slightly, while getting rid of the damage, or it should greatly slow enemies inside of it while doing slightly more damage. Improve radius as well.

Those are some of my suggestions. Not asking for all, but a few would be nice.
    • Frost bomb rarely lands on a target unless the target you are aiming at is cc'd already. The timer for the explosion in a pvp setting is long enough that anyone can walk through one end to the other before it goes off without needing to pop movement speed cds or gap closers. It's damage is barely above that of a frostbolt too so it's not in a good spot spell wise.

It could definitely use some love, either in regards to increasing cc on it or making the damage worth the time necessary to set up a cc'd target in order to land frost bomb - as it is right now it's only truly useful in a zoning kind of way.

Also as someone who enjoys playing the frost/control mage, I'm extremely disappointed in the frost staff's capabilities thus far. I will continue the build I've chosen this beta as a frost staff user with cloth as I'm up to 6.2 and have spent a lot of time and LP.

I'm holding out in the hopes that the frost staff will receive some love before the end of the beta, and if not I'll just roll something else come release and/or find another game where my play style is viable.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Eternalhaze ()

• Changelog from staging:

Frost Staffs

Frost Nova
      Root doesn't break on damage anymore
      Root Duration: 3.22 -> 2.19
      Damage: 41.86 -> 69.76
      Frost Bomb
      Damage: 96.89 -> 129.19
      Slow Strength: 33% -> 40%
      Freezing Wind
      Root Duration: 3.22 -> 1.57
      Energy: 15 -> 16
      Ice Storm
      Damage doesn't stack up anymore
      Damage per tick: 10.97 -> 29.25
    • Dagother schrieb:

Changelog from staging:

Frost Staffs

Frost Nova
      Root Duration: 3.22 -> 2.19
      Damage: 41.86 -> 69.76
      Frost Bomb
      Damage: 96.89 -> 129.19
      Slow Strength: 33% -> 40%
      Freezing Wind
      Root Duration: 3.22 -> 1.57
      Energy: 15 -> 16
      Ice Storm
      Damage doesn't stack up anymore
      Damage per tick: 10.97 -> 29.25
      Where can I see the change log?

I'm thankful you are listening to our feedback and adjusting accordingly, but I'm really worried about the timer on the roots themselves.

If I'm reading correctly, Freezing Wind will be a 1.5 second root? I don't see the point in making the roots unbreakable by damage if the duration of the root is so short. How would a 1.5 second root unbreakable by damage be any different than a 7 second root breakable by damage? You still only have time for one frost-bolt getting off before the root expires and your target is freed.

I'm not saying the roots should remain the same duration they are on the live beta and not be breakable by damage, but there has to be some wiggle room.

I could be interpreting this wrong, so sorry in advance if I am.
    • Frost,

I have played only frost for a while now It seems to get more attention at under powering it than any other build.
      Why?
      The reach for the q is embarrassing melee weapons have similar range the fire has a larger range.
      The newly anticipated Hoar frost staff is so sad its a meager amount on damage and a free ice block for whoever is hits and they come out with full abilities and no silence or slow they just plain thaw out like a sad transistion of ice block for the enemy well done people really worked hard on that one.
      The slows for elites are now ridiculously weak even if you have 6+ tier weapon in hand its pretty much nonexistent.
      The hell artifact is hard to get so its not really viable and should be have been the hoar frost staff.
      While the hell artifact could have been something else again.
      This build is so under powered ATM its not funny.
      The slows should also slow the cast speed on whoever it hits.
      The range should be increased.

Please fix this.

G.
    • I agree, the slight buffs and new artifact weapons did shit all to make frost competitively viable in any aspect. Frost is downright atrocious, and it kills me knowing that as it's the play-style that suits me most in game.

I logged in tonight for the first time in a while to test out the new changes to frost, and I'm not impressed.

I'm glad the devs are at least trying by changing the roots to be unbreakable by damage, but the roots now are so short since the cc time was adjusted down. The E root on the 1h staff at 6.2 item power is about 2 seconds...

Eternalhaze schrieb:

The damage a frost staff outputs is sub-par compared to other weapons, the cc it offers does not equalize it's lack of damage.

Eternalhaze schrieb:

Now that's all fine and dandy if the frost staff brought more to the table to compensate, and I think it tries to present itself that way by being a control mage with cc just like many other frost mages in countless other games. However it's execution as a control mage with cc is underwhelming.

This is still the case.

We need a reason to bring a frost staff to a fight and there just isn't one. It still has short range, weak damage, and a low amount of cc.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Eternalhaze () aus folgendem Grund: Mistype

• Frost staff is indeed weak.

Compared with fire staff there is no contest. Wall of flames outclasses the snares any day of the week.

Frost staff's Q should be absolutely the same damage that Fire's Q (and they should both be 1 second cast time).

Hail should have a snare attached.

Frost bomb should snare AND root if you can catch people, and do it for more than 1/16th of a second.

The range on frost nova is so small that someone is already beating on you if you get to use it, and probably gets another hit or two before you can move out of range.

The cone AOE on single handed... who am I kidding. If anyone is using a 1 hand staff they might as well commit suicide.

Frost needs more damage and better CC or it just isn't viable.
    • I just want it to shine in one or the other - damage or be effective at kiting/peeling with cc.

It just doesn't fit in either category right now making it an extremely inefficient weapon compared to other options. If you want to play a caster for damage with some self peel you go fire, if you want a pure support caster you go arcane, if you want some support and some damage you go curse. Frost has no niche where it serves a purpose in the caster role.

It might be necessary to re-design the skills entirely and do it such in a way that it is viable with either damage or cc.