Dagger Pair E and Iceblock

• Could be either ping or more likely the lackluster buff/damage application code.

Ice Block only negates damage of spells if Ice Block was cast before completion of the cast time (not completion of the animation necessarily). That's why you can't Ice Block flying projectiles. Same reason why Claymore's charge E applies damage before the animation is complete, meaning it's impossible to stop it via stuns or spells like Wind Wall mid-charge.

The only way to Ice Block Dagger's E is to cast Ice Block before the opposing player even hits the E button. It's definitely possible if you practice a lot, it's just really clunky.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sukio ().

• Sukio wrote:

Could be either ping or more likely the lackluster buff/damage application code.

Ice Block only negates damage of spells if Ice Block was cast before completion of the cast time (not completion of the animation necessarily). That's why you can't Ice Block flying projectiles. Same reason why Claymore's charge E applies damage before the animation is complete, meaning it's impossible to stop it via stuns or spells like Wind Wall mid-charge.

The only way to Ice Block Dagger's E is to cast Ice Block before the opposing player even hits the E button. It's definitely possible if you practice a lot, it's just really clunky.
    for me the damage hits as the animation stabs the player. A another member of our guild was dueling a daggers guy and the same thing happened to him.

Either both of us had ping issues or some weird bug took place.
    IGN: Nylander
  • They really should change the application of damage to the completion of the animation or projectile. It allows for much more counter play i.e. puck and sandking disjoints from dota 2. It really dumbs down the combat concerning spells like iceblock, dmg debuffs, shields, etc. The way it is now you have to advertise the defense, so any damage dealer gets a big red flag that they only blow their burst if they are just spam happy. This can let you balance skills like dagger execute, snipe, etc around longer animations, giving the defender say .5 to 1 second to react. Considering the late game issues concerning burst damage, I think this would be a great balancing step.
    MyCatsInMyLap