Knight Armor is Horribly Ineffective

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Knight Armor is Horribly Ineffective

Basically, this armor has an absolutely useless stat combination of very minimal damage increase with good, but still less than guardian armor, damage mitigation. You would never want to run it over soldier armor or guardian armor based on stats alone. This leaves just the ability on the chest piece as it's saving grace, the one reason to choose this armor over it's plate competitors. Here is where the problem lies.

The knight armor ability is an ability that seems to belong on a leather or cloth piece as it is more befitting of a DPS. DPS do not use knight armor because the damage increase is a measly 5% (which shouldn't be changed). If a DPS wanted more survivability with plate, they would choose soldier armor if they synergized with bloodlust well enough, or they would go all the way and pick guardian armor because of it's outright better and more useful "enfeebling aura."

My suggestion is to change the ability on the Knight armor to something more befitting of the off-tanks it was meant for.
    • Crossbones schrieb:

Basically, this armor has an absolutely useless stat combination of very minimal damage increase with good, but still less than guardian armor, damage mitigation. You would never want to run it over soldier armor or guardian armor based on stats alone. This leaves just the ability on the chest piece as it's saving grace, the one reason to choose this armor over it's plate competitors. Here is where the problem lies.

The knight armor ability is an ability that seems to belong on a leather or cloth piece as it is more befitting of a DPS. DPS do not use knight armor because the damage increase is a measly 5% (which shouldn't be changed). If a DPS wanted more survivability with plate, they would choose soldier armor if they synergized with bloodlust well enough, or they would go all the way and pick guardian armor because of it's outright better and more useful "enfeebling aura."

My suggestion is to change the ability on the Knight armor to something more befitting of the off-tanks it was meant for.
      Actually I think bloodlust would be a better fit for knight armor. Switching the skills of soldiers with knights would be better than now.
    • Veyrah schrieb:

Crossbones schrieb:

Actually I think bloodlust would be a better fit for knight armor. Switching the skills of soldiers with knights would be better than now.
      This actually sounds like the perfect solution. This would solve two problems at once. The bloodlust ability, which seems pretty overpowered on some dps would be moved to a heavier armor piece thus effectively nerfing the dps of such builds, while still compensating them with added survivability. In addition to this, it would move the wind wall ability to a more befitting, lighter armor piece suitable for a dps.
    • Well i have to partly disagree with you guys. The windwall ability imo does not suit to plate armors at all and would be better somewhere else. Guardian is ment to be full tank, soldier more like dps and knight somewhere between. That makes perfect sense. So i think guardian and soldier are fine, but i agree that the knight wont feel right.
    • Thomas9 schrieb:

Well i have to partly disagree with you guys. The windwall ability imo does not suit to plate armors at all and would be better somewhere else. Guardian is ment to be full tank, soldier more like dps and knight somewhere between. That makes perfect sense. So i think guardian and soldier are fine, but i agree that the knight wont feel right.
      After testing the knight armor a little more, I do see synergy between knight armor and windwall after all. However, it really only comes in the form of a glaive. With the glaive, the knight armor tankiness is necessary for diving a team to isolate someone with a flip, while also allowing you to use windwall to block off the rest of their team, isolating them even further. I am now second guessing myself tbh, maybe it really is just meant to be a niche armor used for utility tanks.