*Outdated* Gathering Rework (Sneak Peek)

• craneology wrote:

Kamui wrote:

Game is fine, stop dramatizing.
    SI never rush any updates, they are quite lazy and laid back if it comes to the updates.
    Sneak peeks just show the idea and the direction they are willing to go, it will take a while.
    Final Beta is no place to still be hammering down and re-hammering down the core elements to the game. That is what the earlier betas should have been about.
    Color me concerned.
    i agree
    if is final beta... this game must be finish 80%+
    but this game <50%

so many buged elements in map
    so many bad made / desing map
    so bad build desinger maps... give for me tools... for fun for fan i made better maps... not map when i ride horse T4 and half map is empty... any one thinks...

unlock gathering need many times
    but unlock tool is more wrost :D
    next unlock made cloth/bars/planks...
    next unlock one type gear crafting...
    >_> so hard but i understand that

normal items be T4-T5 and for me is cool

but for me give more resurces for collect :P or more fast respawn :]
  • One thing I dislike about this whole gathering thing is the general idea isn't to make gathering more interesting, it's to make gatherers into victims for PvPers. This makes gathering less fun and makes it so PvP players are waiting at these spots for gatherers that won't bother coming. It's lose-lose.

on top of that the game is pretty harsh, not in the sense that you lose items, but the value of items per death. UO had it nicer, the basic gear could be gained for a minimal cost without much lost when you died, but you gained an edge by using the better gear and being good enough to survive with it.

You really need a way to support Solo, Group and Guild gathering without mixing them too much. No one wants to be the single guy versus a 15-man group. And honestly, is that even fun for the group either?

For groups the idea of Mines mentioned earlier was good. Basically a hellgate with resource loot. Even PvP with spoils at the end.

I think the reason for Solo gathering is for people who just want to craft. And I think these people would need to accept that they will gain resources slower. To that end why not grant the equivalent of UO's Bulk Order deeds? An end-game alternative to the whole Study concept. You make items to fill an order for a reward. It could be an artefact, a higher tier or rare resource or whatever. But the concept is crafting lower-tier items to gain access to higher tier resources or special items. The rate would be a good deal slower than getting a group, but it's an extra for those that do and a way to progress through crafting for those that don't.
  • The attempt to prolong the game by prolonging the time it takes for nodes to response is almost like going on an Easter egg hunt during summer. Nothings there. No one open world pvps because there is nothing to gain from it other then some artifacts every four hours. The last four days have been rough, I find myself with little reason to log in because no one else is, and can you blame them. You cant make it to where gathering high tier nodes take days to respawn, all it does is tarnish the biggest aspect of the game (gathering) which also promotes pvp because someones always out there grinding for bigger and better things. There will always be an end game as long as the resources are available to be harvested. Gear will get trashed and new gear will be crafted. I would say directly to the devs that in my opinion you need to, PUMP UP THE RE-SPAWN RATE DRASTICALLY, REMOVE THE TRANSMUTATION BUILDING, AND LENGTHEN THE FAME GRIND FOR GEAR AND WEAPONS. Just keep in mind that no one wants to kill skeletons 10,000 times to get to the next tier. Find some new ways that fame can be earned towards combat skills in more interactive way. Maybe buff hell gates, promoting more PvE, PvP, and more gear loss. Maybe make the in game quests worth doing for once. Make it worth doing group dungeons for fame farming, right now its faster to solo a T6 dungeon, or Duo a T7 dungeon then it is to actually get a solid group of players and run a T7 Vet or T8 vet. The only benefit is literally silver so you can transmute all your mats into higher tier because you cant find any in the open world. This also promotes players buying excessive amount of gold from 2nd hand or from the store just to Pay to Win by gearing out GvG teams with credit cards. So unless you just wish to line your pockets with cash, take a look into some of these issues please.

"Moral of the story, give someone a pick-axe and tell them to mine 100k nodes and a lot will do it. Give someone a pick-axe and tell them to wait 12 days to hit a rock one time and Albion will start looking like a post apocalyptic world(No Population).
  • Jones wrote:

The attempt to prolong the game by prolonging the time it takes for nodes to response is almost like going on an Easter egg hunt during summer. Nothings there. No one open world pvps because there is nothing to gain from it other then some artifacts every four hours. The last four days have been rough, I find myself with little reason to log in because no one else is, and can you blame them. You cant make it to where gathering high tier nodes take days to respawn, all it does is tarnish the biggest aspect of the game (gathering) which also promotes pvp because someones always out there grinding for bigger and better things. There will always be an end game as long as the resources are available to be harvested. Gear will get trashed and new gear will be crafted. I would say directly to the devs that in my opinion you need to, PUMP UP THE RE-SPAWN RATE DRASTICALLY, REMOVE THE TRANSMUTATION BUILDING, AND LENGTHEN THE FAME GRIND FOR GEAR AND WEAPONS. Just keep in mind that no one wants to kill skeletons 10,000 times to get to the next tier. Find some new ways that fame can be earned towards combat skills in more interactive way. Maybe buff hell gates, promoting more PvE, PvP, and more gear loss. Maybe make the in game quests worth doing for once. Make it worth doing group dungeons for fame farming, right now its faster to solo a T6 dungeon, or Duo a T7 dungeon then it is to actually get a solid group of players and run a T7 Vet or T8 vet. The only benefit is literally silver so you can transmute all your mats into higher tier because you cant find any in the open world. This also promotes players buying excessive amount of gold from 2nd hand or from the store just to Pay to Win by gearing out GvG teams with credit cards. So unless you just wish to line your pockets with cash, take a look into some of these issues please.

"Moral of the story, give someone a pick-axe and tell them to mine 100k nodes and a lot will do it. Give someone a pick-axe and tell them to wait 12 days to hit a rock one time and Albion will start looking like a post apocalyptic world(No Population).
    This, sir, is the perfect example of making this game less tiring and boring, (even though I am not entirely sure about more fame to get gear, as we already have terrible amounts of fame per kill) but except that your idea is perfect....or however perfect it could be.
  • Nsuidara wrote:

craneology wrote:

Kamui wrote:

Game is fine, stop dramatizing.
    SI never rush any updates, they are quite lazy and laid back if it comes to the updates.
    Sneak peeks just show the idea and the direction they are willing to go, it will take a while.
    Final Beta is no place to still be hammering down and re-hammering down the core elements to the game. That is what the earlier betas should have been about.Color me concerned.
    i agree if is final beta... this game must be finish 80%+
    but this game <50%

so many buged elements in map
    so many bad made / desing map
    so bad build desinger maps... give for me tools... for fun for fan i made better maps... not map when i ride horse T4 and half map is empty... any one thinks...

unlock gathering need many times
    but unlock tool is more wrost :D
    next unlock made cloth/bars/planks...
    next unlock one type gear crafting...
    >_> so hard but i understand that

normal items be T4-T5 and for me is cool

but for me give more resurces for collect :P or more fast respawn :]
    Dude there is not a single statement in this post that makes any sense. You could be saying good things, but what language is this? I don`t mean to offend you, but I don`t understand a single line of your.... "statements"
  • All changes for the better, but you still reward big zerg guilds and alliances. These changes will favor these large meta alliances drastically and only frustrate small guilds even more. I am so tired of the 'But if we implement any guild/alliance nerfs or caps on population they will just find a workaround'. You drastically increase the number of resource/guild territories to capture and find that these huge guilds will just capture the whole region instead of just one. Until you find a way for small guilds to compete, this game will just be a massive guild/alliance orientated game which is disappointing for a player like myself who wants to play with a small group of players (around 10-25). The odds are if my guild even tries to take 1 territory for itself, it will have the other zerg alliance's A-team knocking on its door in a few days to take it back anyway. Once you conquer a whole region, you really only need to do 1-2 fights a day to hold it which is so easy for these massive alliances.

...and then -> oh look guys there is a high tier resouce zone in the middle of our alliance held clusters of the map....oh man someone outside of our alliance will surely get there before one of us...
  • PLEASE!! Make those naked gathers go away! Come on! it's ridiculous that those NAKED GATHERS just dominated all the resource nodes and we, regular player who invest something on combat and other stuff, can never collect resource because THEY JUST TOOK IT ALL. And whenever you decide to kill them, they just delete all the stuff from their inventory. F*** that! Why should I drop my reputation for nothing on those NAKED FREAK! This is unacceptable!!!!
  • It is also the gathering itself which needs some content and meaning, because it is now one of the main cores and at the same time the most boring/tedious activity in game. And that is really bad equation. So you could add some interesting content quite simply with things like these:
    • Make tool masteries more meaningful, so people have good milestones between long fame routes T6 -》T7 and T7 -》T8. Current +10% yields / mastery level aint much.
    • Add artifact tools, you have a change to find scrabs from resources nodes.
    • Put something really rare stuff to find from resource nodes.
    • Maybe you have change to hit rich vein and you get more and/or enchanted resources from node. This change could increase with mastery level.
  • Well let's hope every HighEnd (which means he at least unlocked T6 Tool) gatherer saw those numbers to unlock tools on stagging servers!
    LET THE RAGE BEGIN!!11!@1

P.S. I will do it for you
    T6 Tool - 1,620,000 fame. Sure why not,
    T7 Tool - 3,240,000 fame. The seconds are best.
    T8 Tool - 6,480,000 fame. Well the hell with this THIRDS ARE EVEN BETTER.

Everyone clap for SI :D The Judgment is upon us!