Thank you for this lovely game & pls do not listen TOO much to softcore sentiments

• rsprudencio wrote:

graymouser wrote:

Hello Albion Online, thank you for being such a lovely game!

I truly enjoy your:

- clear cut UI. Functional, practical, clear, bugless (uptil I have seen so far)
    - total freedom, total inter-activeness
    - freeform interactive adventuring/questing (like GW2 is freeform as well but not at all interactive)
    - leaving room for personal fantasy story (not pushing some one else stories through my throat)
    - isometric style (I was a big fan of Diablo and Baldur's Gate series...)
    - good balance between softcore and hardcore, giving players choices in that regard
    - having all features that come in to the picture regarding mmorpgs, or to be more precise, regarding a true believable world
    - good balance between cartoony and realistic visuals, it leaves a warm, friendly but still also engaging feeling
    - I love the localisation of everything also very very much

As of now I have no criticism. And I really think that negative criticism on this game is mostly subjective as this game is not for all. Some will love it some will hate it.

I hope the lovers will be in the majority and will make the game profitable...

And I REALLY hope the devs don't listen TOO much to cries of lazy gamers, who are abundant in the last two (?) generations... Youths do not seem to be able to cope with frustration anymore these days. While frustration should be felt as a challenge, else life becomes a boredom (imo)

Peace

Gray
    Yeah cuz I'm a softcore players that does 12h+ gathering per day... so my complains are sooooo softcore right? you sound like ppl that are still at yellow zones that can't even equip T6... we talk again in a week...
    congrats on 12 hours of gathering. you should become a truck driver.
  • Ghonja wrote:

Yes great game just needs some quickfixes

Reputation system. Check
    Soldier boots. Check
    Claymore nerf. Unchecked
    Stop punishing pvpers. Unchecked.

: )
    add a few more:

much smaller world map. unchecked.
    solo pvp zones (orange zones for ex). unchecked.
    more solo content to move from guild required game. unchecked
    faster movement x100000000000. unchecked.
  • War wrote:

Hahaha oh man "total freedom", oh jeeze

Yeah such in-depth buildings aka crafting stations, in depth crafting aka Ikea prefab items, in-depth farming aka told where to farm then wait for 12 hours to harvest and plant again.

The options are killing me, I don't know where to begin - do I become a lumberjack and cut down linear tiers of trees for thousands of hours? Or do I become a crafter and make linear tiers of swords for thousands of hours? Maybe I'll become a farmer with my predetermined 6 fields of land on my private instanced island and wait around for 12+ hours to harvest. For a little hardcore action I'll join my guild in a scheduled school-yard game of capture the flag to see if we can keep our premade city full of overtaxing sandbox-prefab crafting stations.

It's real challenging when I lose my gear because I need to either find one of my comatose guild crafters or buy up 1 in 1000 carbon copy items off the AH. I'm real attached to my gear because it's so personalized and it suites my beautiful snowflake persona - in Albion Online I'm unique because I wear plate and a caster staff, it's a sandbox after all.

Living the hardcore sandbox life in Albion Online :)

You know it's a sandbox because the developers named their company Sandbox Interactive, it's 100% real sandbox here!
    The current options are a good framework. I don't understand why you are so negative. The framework is there and is very decent. Items have a lot of diversity in the spells that come with them.
    If AO is failing so miserably according to you, then name me games that are doing it better. Yes there might be some sandboxy games with more options, but they are a mess. AO is tight, slick and works as intended. Contents can be added along the way.

It is not easy to produce a sandbox with a decent structure. Most sandbox mmorpgs end up as a ganking chaos. Hell I don't even know a sandbox mmorpg (as sandboxy as AO). Free all area pvp isn't a typical feature of "sandbox".

Also if I want total sandbox I go for a game like minecraft, but I want a realistic fantasy world. And a medieval world has rules and systems, aside from having a range of free choice. Free choice makes it realistic, but if there wouldn't be laws in the game world at all it wouldn't be realistic at all.

For me its not about sandbox or theme park, its about a believable dynamic world with real life choices. And imo there is no game that encapsulates this better than Albion Online
  • I am loving it. I do not see myself quitting for a long time. This game is Diablo on steroids to me.

But everyone is different. As of now this is the game for me. I am not a person who is bored easily and I like meticulous patience jobs as for example "grinding". SO that can explain something.

Also to me it feels realistic that not all areas are dangerous. PVP should mainly be derived from Guild vs Guild. Ganking is ok for some rogues, that too belongs in a believable fantasy world. But if its all about ganking everywhere you go, that simply is not realistic to any human society.

Societies like order, even thiefs and rogues want some order, otherwise there is no economy to profit from.

SO a balance between order and freedom is best, in real life and in game. (imo)
  • graymouser wrote:

The current options are a good framework. I don't understand why you are so negative. The framework is there and is very decent. Items have a lot of diversity in the spells that come with them.
    If AO is failing so miserably according to you, then name me games that are doing it better. Yes there might be some sandboxy games with more options, but they are a mess. AO is tight, slick and works as intended. Contents can be added along the way.

It is not easy to produce a sandbox with a decent structure. Most sandbox mmorpgs end up as a ganking chaos. Hell I don't even know a sandbox mmorpg (as sandboxy as AO). Free all area pvp isn't a typical feature of "sandbox".

Also if I want total sandbox I go for a game like minecraft, but I want a realistic fantasy world. And a medieval world has rules and systems, aside from having a range of free choice. Free choice makes it realistic, but if there wouldn't be laws in the game world at all it wouldn't be realistic at all.

For me its not about sandbox or theme park, its about a believable dynamic world with real life choices. And imo there is no game that encapsulates this better than Albion Online

Compared to the last beta in winter, which was supposed to be the pre-release, the game actually feels worse. None of the systems I criticized have improved or changed - the self titled Sandbox has none of the features that a Sandbox should have. The player has the freedom to wear all the gear and interact with a premade, predetermined, unchangeable world. The hats might change in each territory but it's still the same - all the freedom you and I have is to wear different costumes.

I get what you're saying that this could be a framework for something bigger, but since the developers now have 40 people since their initial 5 all I've seen is biomes biomes biomes and I'm really skeptical that anything significant will change with the buildings, crafting, or freedom to physically change the world.

A question was asked in the Reddit AMA about anything meaningful changing with the buildings - they said you can later upgrade the Warrior crafting station to a Paladin crafting station etc. That's what's in store for us? More linear upgrades on an already dry system.

If you look at games like Camelot Unchained or Crowfall they're in pre alpha and already offering more control to their players, a lot more control.

I'm not negative, I'm critical. Myself and others I know feel like we wasted in total hundreds of dollars on a game which promised a "vision" instead we got something that can't even compare to MMO's released in the late 90's. Sure it's our own fault for throwing money at something unfinished, but that won't stop me from being critical and maybe warning others to wait for the final product before buying.
  • War wrote:

graymouser wrote:

Compared to the last beta in winter, which was supposed to be the pre-release, the game actually feels worse. None of the systems I criticized have improved or changed - the self titled Sandbox has none of the features that a Sandbox should have. The player has the freedom to wear all the gear and interact with a premade, predetermined, unchangeable world. The hats might change in each territory but it's still the same - all the freedom you and I have is to wear different costumes.

I get what you're saying that this could be a framework for something bigger, but since the developers now have 40 people since their initial 5 all I've seen is biomes biomes biomes and I'm really skeptical that anything significant will change with the buildings, crafting, or freedom to physically change the world.

A question was asked in the Reddit AMA about anything meaningful changing with the buildings - they said you can later upgrade the Warrior crafting station to a Paladin crafting station etc. That's what's in store for us? More linear upgrades on an already dry system.

If you look at games like Camelot Unchained or Crowfall they're in pre alpha and already offering more control to their players, a lot more control.

I'm not negative, I'm critical. Myself and others I know feel like we wasted in total hundreds of dollars on a game which promised a "vision" instead we got something that can't even compare to MMO's released in the late 90's. Sure it's our own fault for throwing money at something unfinished, but that won't stop me from being critical and maybe warning others to wait for the final product before buying.
    Maybe you expect too much from a game. I mean in Albion all items are player made, there is full housing, cities can be owned, ownership can change. Yes this is not total sandbox, but if you want total sandbox you are thinking of Minecraft. But then you can forget about meaningful competition and about a society and all immersion concerned

Albion Online is just as "sandbox" as the real world. If you want more sandbox than that you end up without a believable world. Maybe they have to change their name a bit. But more sandbox than AO is right now would not be a good idea regarding immersion and fantasy...

Ok you talk about Camelot Unchained and Crowfall, but I do not believe these games will succeed. Their playerbase is also very unsatisfied and their systems seem to be a lot more problematic. Maybe because they aim too high and do not have the German puncklichheid of AO.

There are limits to creating a game and I find AO has found a decent middle way that promises sustainabililty
  • All these semi-retarded pussies and crybabies need to GTFO and find another game they don't feel the need to constantly cry about. It has always been the way of hardcore pvpmmorpg that the weaklings and instant gratification kiddies can't hang, and if you find yourself crying about grind, the rep system being too punishing or that you cant fast travel, you are certainly one of them.

The problem is you, not the game.

Only thing that really breaks the game right now is alt abuse.
  • I don't think I'm expecting too much when more has already been done over 17 years ago. I played an MMO in 1999 called Mankind - had about 500, 000 unique planets, no NPC's, no quests, just a pure player driven universe. You could build anywhere in space or on planets, war with thousands of ships and hundreds of players - the rarity of particular resources was the driving factor and created a very dynamic universe all in real time, no browser stuff just pure desktop.

I'm not throwing my criticisms out there for no reason. They had something good here - low demand graphics, individually loaded zones - sky's the limit with system demands in 2016. Instead it's a MOBA with gathering built for iPads.

We'll see what happens with CU and Crowfall - they absolutely could screw it up just as badly.

Diablo on steroids? I think even D3 has more character diversity, and that's saying something.
  • Plebhunter wrote:

Ghonja wrote:

Yes great game just needs some quickfixes

Reputation system. Check
    Soldier boots. Check
    Claymore nerf. Unchecked
    Stop punishing pvpers. Unchecked.

: )
    add a few more:
    much smaller world map. unchecked.
    solo pvp zones (orange zones for ex). unchecked.
    more solo content to move from guild required game. unchecked
    faster movement x100000000000. unchecked.
    why the f*** u want a smaller world? Do u know last test the map were 1/2 from now and u can never find a mob with full bounty and resources were empty almost every where even u travel 5-7 maps.
  • Jeradj wrote:

Seriously wrote:

You idiotic oxcart tycoon softcore bitches have taken the pvp out of the game with your crying.
    It's hilarious to me that you think you're hardcore when the pinnacle of a pvp situation for you is ganking gatherers.

Maybe step up to the big boys plate and start fighting someone worth fighting.

Cry me a river if you have a hard time finding solo gatherers cause it takes too much walking.

You're a carebear, bro. Carebears Shine!
    @Jeradj It's hilarious to me that you were somehow able to misinterpret anything that i have said as thinking that i go out ganking gatherers. I AM A GATHERER and i find it BORING that NO ONE EVER ATTEMPTS TO GANK ME, There is NO challange to it and it is far to easy to go walking and gathering for hours through zones completely uncontested by any player attempting to kill me.

You are a complete noob and you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Maybe step up to the bigboy plate and join a relevant guild and then come talk to me.
  • graymouser wrote:

1 I am loving it. I do not see myself quitting for a long time. This game is Diablo on steroids to me.

2 Also to me it feels realistic that not all areas are dangerous. PVP should mainly be derived from Guild vs Guild. Ganking is ok for some rogues, that too belongs in a believable fantasy world. But if its all about ganking everywhere you go, that simply is not realistic to any human society.

3 Societies like order, even thiefs and rogues want some order, otherwise there is no economy to profit from.

4 SO a balance between order and freedom is best, in real life and in game. (imo)
    1 DIABLO ON STEROIDS!!! I had to read your entire post to make sure you were not being sarcastic. This game is like Diablo on heroin + sleeping pills. This game has 1/100th the mobs, 1/4 the speed, 0 PVE challenge, 0 story, 1/1000000000000000th the item options. What the hell are you smoking?

2 "PVP should be mainly from GvG" says the carebear that wants to ox around and 1 click gather and avoid all conflict. These people are coming out of the woodwork now and SI is caving in. "But if its all about ganking everywhere you go, that simply is not realistic to any human society." Try living in Haiti or Chicago. Again, wtf are you talking about?

3 WTF are you talking about

4 ????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • Save_Us_Putin wrote:

graymouser wrote:

1 I am loving it. I do not see myself quitting for a long time. This game is Diablo on steroids to me.

2 Also to me it feels realistic that not all areas are dangerous. PVP should mainly be derived from Guild vs Guild. Ganking is ok for some rogues, that too belongs in a believable fantasy world. But if its all about ganking everywhere you go, that simply is not realistic to any human society.

3 Societies like order, even thiefs and rogues want some order, otherwise there is no economy to profit from.

4 SO a balance between order and freedom is best, in real life and in game. (imo)
    1 DIABLO ON STEROIDS!!! I had to read your entire post to make sure you were not being sarcastic. This game is like Diablo on heroin + sleeping pills. This game has 1/100th the mobs, 1/4 the speed, 0 PVE challenge, 0 story, 1/1000000000000000th the item options. What the hell are you smoking?
    2 "PVP should be mainly from GvG" says the carebear that wants to ox around and 1 click gather and avoid all conflict. These people are coming out of the woodwork now and SI is caving in. "But if its all about ganking everywhere you go, that simply is not realistic to any human society." Try living in Haiti or Chicago. Again, wtf are you talking about?

3 WTF are you talking about

4 ????????????????????????????????????????????????
    1. haha so true. diablo is about 100000 times the pace of this game.

2. pvp should NOT be 'mainly' in gvg's last test was much more fun where there was plenty of open world conflict making the world dangerous and challenging.

3. this guy is some monkey ass RPing moron who barely leaves the green-zones confirmed.
  • Frumpylumps wrote:

All these semi-retarded pussies and crybabies need to GTFO and find another game they don't feel the need to constantly cry about. It has always been the way of hardcore pvpmmorpg that the weaklings and instant gratification kiddies can't hang, and if you find yourself crying about grind, the rep system being too punishing or that you cant fast travel, you are certainly one of them.

The problem is you, not the game.

Only thing that really breaks the game right now is alt abuse.
    You are the weakling you worthless nobody. They have ruined this game, it would be one thing if there was the grind, but theres nothing fun about it, nothing at all. Walk walk walk walk walk walk walk walk walk walk, no danger no activity just walking across bogs for 20 zones WITH CRICKETS CHIRPING AND CHIRPING. You're an incompetent fool if you think thats hardcore. It's the easiest thing you could ever possibly do, it's just boring and shitty.

All you greenzone peasants who dont even own a single blackzone territory, stop posting your opinions. I can't even describe to you how worthless your soft-core opinions are. The fact that you think long walks somehow make a game 'hardcore' is an absolute joke.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Seriously ().

• You have such a bass-ackwards view of the game.

The so called "relevant" mega-zergs are the *least* interesting guilds in the game.

The game is safer for you the larger guild you are in, and the more territory you control, the better gear you have, and so on.

If you want this game to be harder, and more interesting, you might actually have to turn the difficulty knob up a little bit.

It's hilarious that you consider a non-territory owning guild the "softies" when it's actually pretty much the opposite.

Call me when you accomplish anything serious with fewer than 20 people holding your hand.
  • I have not tried the game yet.
    I have been following for a while and as it will be released soon I was thinking of getting involved now.

Mmorpgs by nature are often boring and grindy.

Anyone unwilling to grind or expect constant excitement and action is in the wrong game.

Diablo 3 for me was the worst game of this century.
    It had 0 story. omg the very definition of repetitive. The gear was all the same but with different numbers.
    It had like 4 maps that you had to do over and over and no pvp... oh and like 2 shit abilities to use.
    It was all kitey and spammy and lacked all of the imagination and randomness and discovery and exploration that previous Diablo games had.

AO at least brings back some old school concepts from UO

Every mmorpg since UO has been carebear shit.
    Look at how wow is now.
    Vanilla was slow and painful but now it's so easy and boring and pointless.

It no longer feels like a magical world of its own. Instead it feels like a game. A boring, easy game.

If you want to level up instantly. Fast travel to everywhere. Kill everything in 1 hit and be invulnerable from enemy attacks and receive loot just for logging in then go play d3 or wow

Mmorpgs are fun because you have to put in the work and the hours just for those rare moments where fantasy mixes with reality and for 5 minutes you are in that world behaving like that character.

Every other game offers instant thrils and instant reward. But all those games are the same.
    Here is hoping for something different
  • I have not tried the game yet.
    I have been following for a while and as it will be released soon I was thinking of getting involved now.

The game is getting worse by the day. Devs only talking about making gathering easier and adding new PVE content. Ignoring game breaking PVP problems.

Diablo 3 for me was the worst game of this century.
    It had 0 story. omg the very definition of repetitive. The gear was all the same but with different numbers.
    It had like 4 maps that you had to do over and over and no pvp... oh and like 2 shit abilities to use.
    It was all kitey and spammy and lacked all of the imagination and
    randomness and discovery and exploration that previous Diablo games had.

The story was the only great thing about D3. I agree with the rest though. You forgot to say that D3 was an auction house surrounded by an unfinished game. AO's items are worse then D3 if that was even possible...

Every mmorpg since UO has been carebear shit.
    Look at how wow is now.
    Vanilla was slow and painful but now it's so easy and boring and pointless.

You could argue that Eve is more hardcore then UO was. Planetside and DAOC were very successful PVP MMO's but of course you couldn't label them hardcore PVP but they were definately not carebear. WoW was created for the masses and did a great job dumbing down the genre so the average player could get into it. There has been a string of garbage tier MMO's released after WoW that just tried to copy 90% of it for some reason and they all failed. Why play a clone when you could play the real thing with 100x more content?

If you want to level up instantly. Fast travel to everywhere. Kill
    everything in 1 hit and be invulnerable from enemy attacks and receive
    loot just for logging in then go play d3 or wow

This is the point I keep trying to make on these boards. AO is starting to turn into farmville and ignoring and even ruining the PVP. This game will die if SI continues to go towards this gathering bullshit. Looting PVP with turned down graphics is a great niche the MMO market is lacking but all I see lately is AO turning into another generic PVE MMO that will die a month after release.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Save_Us_Putin ().

• Jeradj wrote:

You have such a bass-ackwards view of the game.

The so called "relevant" mega-zergs are the *least* interesting guilds in the game.

The game is safer for you the larger guild you are in, and the more territory you control, the better gear you have, and so on.

If you want this game to be harder, and more interesting, you might actually have to turn the difficulty knob up a little bit.

It's hilarious that you consider a non-territory owning guild the "softies" when it's actually pretty much the opposite.

Call me when you accomplish anything serious with fewer than 20 people holding your hand.
    @Jeradj My guild zero quality has about 15 core players that actually contribute to the guild in a meaningful way, we never group up and 'zerg' people or any of that, so here's your call. Everything we do is out solo gathering, solo EVERYHING.

And trust me, it's boring and shitty. Our guild is 80 percent alt characters. No one has EVER held my hand or helped me in basically any-way. You are delusional and completely out of your depth here.
  • Seriously wrote:

@Jeradj My guild zero quality has about 15 core players that actually contribute to the guild in a meaningful way, we never group up and 'zerg' people or any of that, so here's your call. Everything we do is out solo gathering, solo EVERYHING
    Yeah, sorry bud, but bullshit.

You're also in Exodia alliance, which, without actually counting, is certainly in the top 10 zerg alliances in the game at the moment.

Think you would have any territory, at all, if you tried fighting them instead of dick grabbing?

You complain the game is boring, but it's *you* that chose to just surround yourself with allies and turn the battleground into a giant pve sandbox for your alliance.

edit;

as long as we're on the subject, it's the alliance/guild sizes and the alt system that are really breaking the game atm, *not* the map size, travel times, and so on.