Thank you for this lovely game & pls do not listen TOO much to softcore sentiments

• Thank you for this lovely game & pls do not listen TOO much to softcore sentiments

Hello Albion Online, thank you for being such a lovely game!

I truly enjoy your:

- clear cut UI. Functional, practical, clear, bugless (uptil I have seen so far)
    - freedom, inter-activeness
    - freeform interactive adventuring/questing (like GW2 is freeform as well but not at all interactive)
    - leaving room for personal fantasy story (not pushing some one else stories through my throat)
    - isometric style (I was a big fan of Diablo and Baldur's Gate series...)
    - good balance between softcore and hardcore, giving players choices in that regard
    - having all features that come in to the picture regarding mmorpgs, or to be more precise, regarding a true believable world
    - good balance between cartoony and realistic visuals, it leaves a warm, friendly but still also engaging feeling
    - I love the localisation of everything also very very much

As of now I have no criticism. And I really think that negative criticism to this game is mostly subjective as this game is not for all. Some will love it some will hate it.

I hope the lovers will be in the majority and will make the game profitable...

And I REALLY hope the devs don't listen TOO much to cries of lazy gamers, who are abundant in the last two (?) generations... Youths do not seem to be able to cope with frustration anymore these days. While frustration should be felt as a challenge, else life becomes a boredom (imo)

Peace

Gray

The post was edited 3 times, last by graymouser ().

• graymouser wrote:

I truly enjoy your:

- clear cut UI. Functional, practical, clear, bugless (uptil I have seen so far)
    - total freedom, total inter-activeness
    - freeform interactive adventuring/questing (like GW2 is freeform as well but not at all interactive)
    - leaving room for personal fantasy story (not pushing some one else stories through my throat)
    - good balance between softcore and hardcore, giving players choices in that regard
    - having all features that come in to the picture regarding mmorpgs, or to be more precise, regarding a true believable world
    - good balance between cartoony and realistic visuals, it leaves a warm, friendly but still also engaging feeling.

As of now I have no criticism. And I really think that negative criticism on this game is mostly subjective as this game is not for all. Some will love it some will hate it.

And I REALLY hope the devs don't listen TOO much to cries of lazy gamers, who are abundant in the last two (?) generations... Youths do not seem to be able to cope with frustration anymore these days. While frustration should be felt as a challenge, else life becomes a boredom (imo)

Peace

Gray
    "Total freedom"
    • Unable to pvp in green zones
    • Punished for pvp in yellow zones and red zones

"Clear cut UI"
    • UI being changed in upcoming patch due to lack of efficiency
    "Choices between casual and hardcore"
    • Game LITERALLY labeled "Full loot, hardcore PvP MMO"
    Anyone who bases the majority of their opinion of graphics and UI = irrelevant casual gamer imho
  • Styanatos wrote:

graymouser wrote:

I truly enjoy your:

- good balance between cartoony and realistic visuals, it leaves a warm, friendly but still also engaging feeling.

As of now I have no criticism. And I really think that negative criticism on this game is mostly subjective as this game is not for all. Some will love it some will hate it.

Peace

Gray
    "Total freedom"
    • Unable to pvp in green zones
    • Punished for pvp in yellow zones and red zones

"Clear cut UI"
    • UI being changed in upcoming patch due to lack of efficiency
    "Choices between casual and hardcore"
    • Game LITERALLY labeled "Full loot, hardcore PvP MMO"
    Anyone who bases the majority of their opinion of graphics and UI = irrelevant casual gamer imho
    Yeah, well I am also for more hardcore, but we need players right :) so they have to find a middle way, and yes I do hope they do not make the game too flexible...
  • I think it will be really hard to break this game, because even if one gamer subjectively feels its too hardcore and the other gamer thinks it's too softcore, whatever preference one has, technically this game is 300% decent. Everyone can see that.

Imo, a game that is as decent as AO will always have enough players to be profitable.

Most games who fail might have some areas which are decent but have other areas that are not finished, are done careless, do not function as intended, stuff like that. AO is different in that regard, it's technically spoken near perfect + I think its not too expensive to sustain it.

So I am quite sure this game is a stayer.

The post was edited 1 time, last by graymouser ().

• @graymouser Walking for hours doens't make a game hardcore, the chance of dying and losing your shit makes it hardcore.

There is no chance of dying on these endless walks, the game is more carebear now than it has EVER been, you are lord of the softcore carebears, you have caused them to remove any chance of being killed while out gathering from the game. You and people like you have turned this into the most pathetic carebear walkoff farmville game in history.

The maps have NO chokepoints to set up ganks, there are 2 zones for every PLAYER, and you get to QUIETLY WALK THROUGH THEM FOR HOURS. I've never seen such carebear dogshit in my life.

Before in albion when i went out to gather in the red or blackzone i KNEW i was going to see people and have to get away or avoid them... BUT NOW?!??! its an absolute JOKE. You have taken the pvp out of the game with your crying.
  • Derrick wrote:

Pretty sure beta 2 has a significantly lower active player base than beta 1 had at this stage.

And the map is a lot larger.

feels good man
    this guy right here is the biggest emo carebear in the game...talk shit to this guy and his top guild and get banned withing 10 minutes..

Styanatos wrote:

You understand the playerbase is already at an estimated 2000 players right? Only 4000 people have above 200k fame, I guarantee the majority are alts.

Let's keep the players we have now?
    and its gonna keep dropping.

Derrick wrote:

When all feedback the undisputed top guild in the game provides is ignored in favour of shit spouted by irrelevant alpha guilds, the results are great man
    you are the reason this game is gonna fail you and your #1 guild affiliated with mods.. nobody wants to play a game with player mods influencing anything. scrub yea listen to this guy and get the game more in his favor. participation trophy kid.
  • graymouser wrote:

And I REALLY hope the devs don't listen TOO much to cries of lazy gamers, who are abundant in the last two (?) generations... Youths do not seem to be able to cope with frustration anymore these days.
    I do not feel involved in that group, but as a friendly reminder: the current game has received more posts about "Boring gameplay", than i've ever seen in the last 12 months. I too think, that the current beta is the most boring, i have ever played. So i hope the devs REALLY DO listen to the the majority of feedback, that has been given by now.

Other than that: good feedback
  • graymouser wrote:

I truly enjoy your:

- good balance between cartoony and realistic visuals, it leaves a warm, friendly but still also engaging feeling
    - I love the localisation of everything also very very much

Peace

Gray
    Yeah cuz I'm a softcore players that does 12h+ gathering per day... so my complains are sooooo softcore right? you sound like ppl that are still at yellow zones that can't even equip T6... we talk again in a week...

The post was edited 1 time, last by rsprudencio ().

• We don't think the current game is boring and shitty because we are LAZY, we think it's boring and shitty because... its BORING AND SHITTY.

Walking is NOT fun. 'Laziness' has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with it. If i gather 18 hours a day, but think walking through 20 empty zones IS BORING, HOW DOES THAT MAKE ME 'LAZY.'
    Are you completely stupid?
    Do you even fucking know what "lazy" means?

IF there was actual danger in the 20 zones, maybe it would be more fun, IF there was any chance of encountering players in the 20 zone walk and having to kill, run, or be killed, maybe it would be more fun, IF you could ever spend any time doing anything together maybe it would be more fun. All big IF's because they all no longer exist like they used to.

Last beta we were constantly out roaming as a group of 10 to 15 players looking to fight people or do dungeons, this beta we have done that maybe one time. It's not about being LAZY, it's about having FUN AND ENGAGING GAME-PLAY.

Last beta was about fighting it out over the limited areas and resources, this beta is a combat free farmville.
  • Seriously wrote:

We don't think the current game is boring and shitty because we are LAZY, we think it's boring and shitty because... its BORING AND SHITTY.

Walking is NOT fun. 'Laziness' has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with it. If i gather 18 hours a day, but think walking through 20 empty zones IS BORING, HOW DOES THAT MAKE ME 'LAZY.'
    Are you completely stupid?
    Do you even fucking know what "lazy" means?

IF there was actual danger in the 20 zones, maybe it would be more fun, IF there was any chance of encountering players in the 20 zone walk and having to kill, run, or be killed, maybe it would be more fun, IF you could ever spend any time doing anything together maybe it would be more fun. All big IF's because they all no longer exist like they used to.

Last beta we were constantly out roaming as a group of 10 to 15 players looking to fight people or do dungeons, this beta we have done that maybe one time. It's not about being LAZY, it's about having FUN AND ENGAGING GAME-PLAY.

Last beta was about fighting it out over the limited areas and resources, this beta is a combat free farmville.
    Yeah, pvp everywhere would be more fun, I agree with that. What I was talking about was the fast traveling. I don't like the idea of easy travel. Some high tier teleport spells I wouldn't mind. SO yes I do prefer non fast traveling and pvp everywhere.

And I see it happening that the devs change this again, because you do have a point.

What I find boring is easyness. Some people prefer easyness over challenge, them I call lazy. But then again, they have the right to be lazy :)

So I think we are on the same side.

But I would not call in fast travel just as a measure to compensate for the lack of pvp, that would be a mistake for the worse.
  • Seriously wrote:

You idiotic oxcart tycoon softcore bitches have taken the pvp out of the game with your crying.

It's hilarious to me that you think you're hardcore when the pinnacle of a pvp situation for you is ganking gatherers.

Maybe step up to the big boys plate and start fighting someone worth fighting.

Cry me a river if you have a hard time finding solo gatherers cause it takes too much walking.

You're a carebear, bro. Carebears Shine!
  • Hahaha oh man "total freedom", oh jeeze

Yeah such in-depth buildings aka crafting stations, in depth crafting aka Ikea prefab items, in-depth farming aka told where to farm then wait for 12 hours to harvest and plant again.

The options are killing me, I don't know where to begin - do I become a lumberjack and cut down linear tiers of trees for thousands of hours? Or do I become a crafter and make linear tiers of swords for thousands of hours? Maybe I'll become a farmer with my predetermined 6 fields of land on my private instanced island and wait around for 12+ hours to harvest. For a little hardcore action I'll join my guild in a scheduled school-yard game of capture the flag to see if we can keep our premade city full of overtaxing sandbox-prefab crafting stations.

It's real challenging when I lose my gear because I need to either find one of my comatose guild crafters or buy up 1 in 1000 carbon copy items off the AH. I'm real attached to my gear because it's so personalized and it suites my beautiful snowflake persona - in Albion Online I'm unique because I wear plate and a caster staff, it's a sandbox after all.

Living the hardcore sandbox life in Albion Online :)

You know it's a sandbox because the developers named their company Sandbox Interactive, it's 100% real sandbox here!