Removing Fast Travel HAS BEEN a disaster. (follow up to 'would be' thread)

  • The_Nosferatu wrote:

    Just read the OP , what he is saying is the truth. Your case study of yellow zone farming is not even close to valid in this conversation.

    OFC the markets are great in the yellow zones because every casual player is sitting around in the saftey net. The black zone markets are dead because you have to travel like 15 clusters to each city.. no one is carrying mats/armor/weapons 15 clusters in full PVP zones JUST to sell it on the market.. they are simply hording all the resources for their gvg fights.. that's it.. not to mention guilds on the far east / west coast are NEVER going to fight each other.. PVP diversity is at an all time low... I dont know why im bothering responding to this.. but you just brought so much ignorance to this conversation that I felt compelled.
    Exactly! The entire issue that you and @Seriously is experience occurs in the non-safe red/black zones, where the distances are way too large, the zones way too many and the population way too small - Combined with the intricate need for low-level mats in order to craft gear and develop islands. The fast travel removal is and was never the issue, the issue is that the black zones are completely isolated (own continent, separate ports to get there, different gameplay rules etc) - as if the black zones were a different game.. AND IT IS.

    Black zone play is completely and utterly different from yellow zone play. With the current map layout, they should just re-introduce fast-travel between black zone cities the way it used to be, and go back to thinking "why did it go wrong with PvP in black zones?".

    I bet that the real issue is almost purely a matter of perception - by isolating out black the way they did they made the barrier to entry higher. It's not technically higher though, walking through red and using a port is pretty much equivalent to old walking through red into black, but I'm guessing that alot of people that in the old world would've dipped their toes and gotten there, now chooses not to.

    A couple of suggestion to solve/mitigate the issue (in no particular order):

    1) Make zone sizes smaller as PvP rules increase in level (big green, medium yellow, small red, tiny black) and increase spawn rates accordingly.
    2) Lock all zones after release and require that in order to unlock a zone (for everyone) an increasing number of people need to be present in the map for a reasonable duration (5-15 minutes). Number of people needed increases with number of maps already unlocked. All green zones should be unlocked by default. This will make the world stay small until the population is big enough to sustain value in the outlands.
    3) Increase movementspeed on roads dramatically when no other player is nearby. (slow down when you meet someone).
    4) Re-introduce fewer chokepoints to help PvP find it's way, for better or worse.

    Now lets be clear here:

    Fast travel removal helped green/yellow-zone markets, and those are thriving compared to before.
    Fast travel removal hurt red/black-zone markets and competetive combat play - forcing people to refocus into what people aptly have described as the boring walking simulator.
  • The_Nosferatu wrote:

    Just read the OP , what he is saying is the truth. Your case study of yellow zone farming is not even close to valid in this conversation.

    OFC the markets are great in the yellow zones because every casual player is sitting around in the saftey net. The black zone markets are dead because you have to travel like 15 clusters to each city.. no one is carrying mats/armor/weapons 15 clusters in full PVP zones JUST to sell it on the market.. they are simply hording all the resources for their gvg fights.. that's it.. not to mention guilds on the far east / west coast are NEVER going to fight each other.. PVP diversity is at an all time low... I dont know why im bothering responding to this.. but you just brought so much ignorance to this conversation that I felt compelled.

    Now hold on a second, let me make sure I have this straight.

    You're upset that zerg guilds in the black zones are unable/unwilling to wagon train the couple of mat types they don't already have exclusive access to harvest to their heart's content in guild controlled black zone territories? And your answer is that they should bring back fast travel to make it easier for you?

    And then you say I'm the one bringing ignorance to the conversation?
  • Jonathan_Silverblood wrote:

    The_Nosferatu wrote:

    Just read the OP , what he is saying is the truth. Your case study of yellow zone farming is not even close to valid in this conversation.

    OFC the markets are great in the yellow zones because every casual player is sitting around in the saftey net. The black zone markets are dead because you have to travel like 15 clusters to each city.. no one is carrying mats/armor/weapons 15 clusters in full PVP zones JUST to sell it on the market.. they are simply hording all the resources for their gvg fights.. that's it.. not to mention guilds on the far east / west coast are NEVER going to fight each other.. PVP diversity is at an all time low... I dont know why im bothering responding to this.. but you just brought so much ignorance to this conversation that I felt compelled.

    Fast travel removal helped green/yellow-zone markets, and those are thriving compared to before.
    Fast travel removal hurt red/black-zone markets and competetive combat play - forcing people to refocus into what people aptly have described as the boring walking simulator.
    No. Fast travel did not help yellow zone market's... I have an alt who is a soloist and only plays on the royals and the only market that is worth a damn is Queensmarket.. outside of that the markets are shit.. they are all overpriced and not even worth purchasing shit on.. there is no economy, and again the pvp in this game is awful. You are missing the entire point that this game has no point of pvp.. it's just a gigantic world with no goals.. no common interest.. the dev's are making all of these changes because of this.. fast travel would only increase pvp & market share.
  • Lensar wrote:

    The_Nosferatu wrote:

    Just read the OP , what he is saying is the truth. Your case study of yellow zone farming is not even close to valid in this conversation.

    OFC the markets are great in the yellow zones because every casual player is sitting around in the saftey net. The black zone markets are dead because you have to travel like 15 clusters to each city.. no one is carrying mats/armor/weapons 15 clusters in full PVP zones JUST to sell it on the market.. they are simply hording all the resources for their gvg fights.. that's it.. not to mention guilds on the far east / west coast are NEVER going to fight each other.. PVP diversity is at an all time low... I dont know why im bothering responding to this.. but you just brought so much ignorance to this conversation that I felt compelled.
    Now hold on a second, let me make sure I have this straight.

    You're upset that zerg guilds in the black zones are unable/unwilling to wagon train the couple of mat types they don't already have exclusive access to harvest to their heart's content in guild controlled black zone territories? And your answer is that they should bring back fast travel to make it easier for you?

    And then you say I'm the one bringing ignorance to the conversation?
    NO.

    You are very ignorant, you are literally telling me you played the game for 1 day and you have it all figured out. Incorrect.

    Everyone has access to all materials, there is too much world and not enough ' hot spots ' , there is no need for a market in the black zones because no one is using them.. there is no way for a small guild to thrive out there utilizing city markets because they are forced to run 15 clusters to the next city if there is something they cannot buy. So the cities are irrelevant to an extent. I am not saying fast travel is the only option here.. I am saying since it has been removed it makes PvP more stale than it has ever been with the current layout.

    You keep missing the entire point, which is fucking amazing to me. PvP is entirely shit in the blackzone's due to map size, WHY do you think they are changing all of this shit right now? Why do you think they are making mounts go faster, why do you think they are re-working resources? The wheels are in motion, you are ignorant.
  • Lensar wrote:

    The_Nosferatu wrote:

    Just read the OP , what he is saying is the truth. Your case study of yellow zone farming is not even close to valid in this conversation.

    OFC the markets are great in the yellow zones because every casual player is sitting around in the saftey net. The black zone markets are dead because you have to travel like 15 clusters to each city.. no one is carrying mats/armor/weapons 15 clusters in full PVP zones JUST to sell it on the market.. they are simply hording all the resources for their gvg fights.. that's it.. not to mention guilds on the far east / west coast are NEVER going to fight each other.. PVP diversity is at an all time low... I dont know why im bothering responding to this.. but you just brought so much ignorance to this conversation that I felt compelled.
    Now hold on a second, let me make sure I have this straight.

    You're upset that zerg guilds in the black zones are unable/unwilling to wagon train the couple of mat types they don't already have exclusive access to harvest to their heart's content in guild controlled black zone territories? And your answer is that they should bring back fast travel to make it easier for you?

    And then you say I'm the one bringing ignorance to the conversation?
    That is kind of what he is saying. But the point is, those who sit in those black zones didn't sign up to play the wagon-train game, they want to PvP. That's what the black zones is there for, that's who they're supposed to cater for. I'm still confident that fast travel has nothing to do with their current issues, and while bringing back fast travel will mitigate some of their concerns it will not fix the actuall source of the issues they face.
  • The_Nosferatu wrote:

    Jonathan_Silverblood wrote:

    The_Nosferatu wrote:

    Just read the OP , what he is saying is the truth. Your case study of yellow zone farming is not even close to valid in this conversation.

    OFC the markets are great in the yellow zones because every casual player is sitting around in the saftey net. The black zone markets are dead because you have to travel like 15 clusters to each city.. no one is carrying mats/armor/weapons 15 clusters in full PVP zones JUST to sell it on the market.. they are simply hording all the resources for their gvg fights.. that's it.. not to mention guilds on the far east / west coast are NEVER going to fight each other.. PVP diversity is at an all time low... I dont know why im bothering responding to this.. but you just brought so much ignorance to this conversation that I felt compelled.
    Fast travel removal helped green/yellow-zone markets, and those are thriving compared to before.
    Fast travel removal hurt red/black-zone markets and competetive combat play - forcing people to refocus into what people aptly have described as the boring walking simulator.
    No. Fast travel did not help yellow zone market's... I have an alt who is a soloist and only plays on the royals and the only market that is worth a damn is Queensmarket.. outside of that the markets are shit.. they are all overpriced and not even worth purchasing shit on.. there is no economy, and again the pvp in this game is awful. You are missing the entire point that this game has no point of pvp.. it's just a gigantic world with no goals.. no common interest.. the dev's are making all of these changes because of this.. fast travel would only increase pvp & market share.

    You seem to judge the market based on how cheaply you can get your commodity goods. I judge the markets based on how useful they are to those who put stuff on them. The beta before this, the market was flooded with useless junk and no one in their right mind would ever craft goods and sell them on the market for profit - people only did it because they had to in order to progress their crafting.

    The current markets are finally working in a way that rewards the producers without forcing them to participate. Look outside your consumerist bubble and consider the entire ecosystem.
  • The_Nosferatu wrote:

    NO.
    You are very ignorant, you are literally telling me you played the game for 1 day and you have it all figured out. Incorrect.

    Everyone has access to all materials, there is too much world and not enough ' hot spots ' , there is no need for a market in the black zones because no one is using them.. there is no way for a small guild to thrive out there utilizing city markets because they are forced to run 15 clusters to the next city if there is something they cannot buy. So the cities are irrelevant to an extent. I am not saying fast travel is the only option here.. I am saying since it has been removed it makes PvP more stale than it has ever been with the current layout.

    You keep missing the entire point, which is fucking amazing to me. PvP is entirely shit in the blackzone's due to map size, WHY do you think they are changing all of this shit right now? Why do you think they are making mounts go faster, why do you think they are re-working resources? The wheels are in motion, you are ignorant.
    Again, fast travel has nothing to do with the issue. Map design har everything to do with the issue.

    Even with fast travel, you would still complain that your 15v15 zergs get lost and can't find eachother, and that when trying to get T8 resources you still have to walk for hours and not find any and that there's no PvP anyway.
  • Jonathan_Silverblood wrote:

    The_Nosferatu wrote:

    Jonathan_Silverblood wrote:

    The_Nosferatu wrote:

    Just read the OP , what he is saying is the truth. Your case study of yellow zone farming is not even close to valid in this conversation.

    OFC the markets are great in the yellow zones because every casual player is sitting around in the saftey net. The black zone markets are dead because you have to travel like 15 clusters to each city.. no one is carrying mats/armor/weapons 15 clusters in full PVP zones JUST to sell it on the market.. they are simply hording all the resources for their gvg fights.. that's it.. not to mention guilds on the far east / west coast are NEVER going to fight each other.. PVP diversity is at an all time low... I dont know why im bothering responding to this.. but you just brought so much ignorance to this conversation that I felt compelled.
    Fast travel removal helped green/yellow-zone markets, and those are thriving compared to before.Fast travel removal hurt red/black-zone markets and competetive combat play - forcing people to refocus into what people aptly have described as the boring walking simulator.
    No. Fast travel did not help yellow zone market's... I have an alt who is a soloist and only plays on the royals and the only market that is worth a damn is Queensmarket.. outside of that the markets are shit.. they are all overpriced and not even worth purchasing shit on.. there is no economy, and again the pvp in this game is awful. You are missing the entire point that this game has no point of pvp.. it's just a gigantic world with no goals.. no common interest.. the dev's are making all of these changes because of this.. fast travel would only increase pvp & market share.
    You seem to judge the market based on how cheaply you can get your commodity goods. I judge the markets based on how useful they are to those who put stuff on them. The beta before this, the market was flooded with useless junk and no one in their right mind would ever craft goods and sell them on the market for profit - people only did it because they had to in order to progress their crafting.

    The current markets are finally working in a way that rewards the producers without forcing them to participate. Look outside your consumerist bubble and consider the entire ecosystem.
    It's not purely about price, the bottom line is the markets are over priced in regions where no one plays, and those same item's are dirt cheap in area's that actually have a solid playerbase... so my point is absolutely nothing has changed on the market system from last beta where populated area's had cheaper items and non populated areas were over priced.... the ONLY difference is you can no longer fast travel items to other cities to actually make those markets compete.

    Jonathan_Silverblood wrote:

    The_Nosferatu wrote:

    NO.
    You are very ignorant, you are literally telling me you played the game for 1 day and you have it all figured out. Incorrect.

    Everyone has access to all materials, there is too much world and not enough ' hot spots ' , there is no need for a market in the black zones because no one is using them.. there is no way for a small guild to thrive out there utilizing city markets because they are forced to run 15 clusters to the next city if there is something they cannot buy. So the cities are irrelevant to an extent. I am not saying fast travel is the only option here.. I am saying since it has been removed it makes PvP more stale than it has ever been with the current layout.

    You keep missing the entire point, which is fucking amazing to me. PvP is entirely shit in the blackzone's due to map size, WHY do you think they are changing all of this shit right now? Why do you think they are making mounts go faster, why do you think they are re-working resources? The wheels are in motion, you are ignorant.
    Again, fast travel has nothing to do with the issue. Map design har everything to do with the issue.
    Even with fast travel, you would still complain that your 15v15 zergs get lost and can't find eachother, and that when trying to get T8 resources you still have to walk for hours and not find any and that there's no PvP anyway.
    It's not about getting lost.. its about having a goal.. the issue is not about zerg fights, its about any fights.
    No one is harvesting T8 resources.
  • The_Nosferatu wrote:

    You are very ignorant, you are literally telling me you played the game for 1 day and you have it all figured out. Incorrect.

    Everyone has access to all materials, there is too much world and not enough ' hot spots ' , there is no need for a market in the black zones because no one is using them.. there is no way for a small guild to thrive out there utilizing city markets because they are forced to run 15 clusters to the next city if there is something they cannot buy. So the cities are irrelevant to an extent. I am not saying fast travel is the only option here.. I am saying since it has been removed it makes PvP more stale than it has ever been with the current layout.

    You keep missing the entire point, which is fucking amazing to me. PvP is entirely shit in the blackzone's due to map size, WHY do you think they are changing all of this shit right now? Why do you think they are making mounts go faster, why do you think they are re-working resources? The wheels are in motion, you are ignorant.
    You keep using that word, ignorant. I'm starting to think it doesn't mean what you think it means. Either that, or maybe you have some form of tourettes. I'm sure it's not just because you're feeling frustrated with your inability to articulate an argument.

    Essentially, this entire zerg whine thread about "Fast Travel" isn't about fast travel at all, it's because you have to go gather your own T2 resources.

    Well, that and the fact that you feel like there is a lack of pvp in the black zones. There seems to be plenty to me, judging by the videos, news articles, and tours of the black zones I've taken as the guest of end game guilds.

    And yes, I've played this beta, for exactly 3 days now. Yes, that already makes me an expert, sorry if you feel that's not fair, it's not like I asked to be born with such overactive critical thinking skills. it just happened. Not that you'd understand.
  • Lensar wrote:

    Yesterday, I signed in and starting playing for the first time in this beta.

    Rather than do the whole guild thing again, I decided to just go it solo and see how it went. I decided to forgo doing any refining and crafting, just focusing on harvesting and fighting mobs.

    The lack of a fast travel system has not caused me ANY issues at all.

    I was able to quickly and easily level up to journeyman everything and earn more than enough silver by selling my harvested mats to purchase a T3 mount and high quality bag. I've even made enough silver to start selling it for gold, for no real reason other than I consider collecting gold during beta to be a neat little solo leaderboard for myself.

    Yes, it's true that I can't walk out into a single zone and collect absolutely everything I'd want. But there are many (if not most) cities that are within 2 zones of all three biome types.

    It's also true that the zones closest to the cities, especially the biggest cities, have many empty harvest nodes. But that's not a problem, since I can just travel another zone, maybe even two, out from the city and find plenty of T3, 4, 5 mats to harvest.

    Why are people complaining about the lack of fast travel?

    The people that are complaining about this are the same people that will continue to complain, until they can walk outside the city and find an infinite node of everything they want to harvest. These people don't want fast travel, they just want to be lazy and have everything handed to them. Adding fast travel back into the game will not change their outlook on Albion one iota, as they'll still be crying that it's too hard or that it's a "walking simulator." But what it will do is ruin local markets, just like it did in last beta.
    Translation: "I have played for 2 hours and never left the zones that no one is complaining about but I already have a complete grasp of every aspect of blackzone guild play and a fully formed and well informed opinion on the matter! I think i will go on the forum and spew my completely irrelevant bullshit into the faces of players complaining about things completely outside of anything i have experienced or talked about. I was quickly able to get a t3 mount and 'high quality bag' I am clearly an expert on all things albion"

    LOL do you have the faintest idea how ridiculous you sound? Everytime you post isote excruciatingly clear that you have absolutely no experience with the things you are preaching about. Getting t2 resources is not even an issue, it is absurdly easy to get them, you assume you have something figured out about people being lazy involving t2 resources and it couldnt be further from the truth. t2 resources are utterly irrelevant. my guild has about 4000 of each of them sitting in our chests at all times, you are out of your element.

    Most of us have more time played then you have days since you installed the game.

    The post was edited 1 time, last by KissTheRing ().

  • ig·no·rant
    ˈiɡnərənt/
    adjective

    1. lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.


    You are ignorant. You have no education other than third party visuals to make your assumption of a problem we actually live. You think because you are in the yellow zones and you bend the knee when someone attacks that you understand the issues that are in the game right now. Stop reading the headlines and get more involved, no one uses cities in black zones because there is no NEED for economy out here. Either your in a zerg guild or you are coming for a visit before you go back to knee bending. Why is it that you can travel from port to port with overloaded oxes in the royals for NO EXTRA COST? Yet you can't even naked travel throughout the blackzone cities purely to try to diversify economy & pvp.

    Stop undermining fast travel to be something that will solve the issues, its just an unnecessary removal of a feature in a game that cannot sustain it's current player-base with it's current map design. Gathering T2 resources is fun, but what is anti fun is when the most lucrative thing about the whole system is that you run your oxen 18 cluster's solo without even fear of dieing because you know no one gives a fuck about your T2 ox materials. They wanted this all to seem so meaningful while giving this enrichment to pvp through this grueling process of running materials.. news flash.. it's not doing shit for pvp.

    Ignorant.
  • To be fair - in comparison with Eve Online has anyone here had to do 50+ jumps in a row in order to get somewhere/do something? It REALLY REALLY sucks
    A majority of systems can be completely empty too.
    But I digress - the current map needs more players - or it needs to be made more obvious where all the trading hubs/activity is.
  • Im all for the current iteration of the game when it launches, because the map would support much larger groups (as anticipated ) , otherwise you simply have a case of insanity.
    • The same guild's and the same players have been playing forever, with a few additions.
    • The map size DOUBLES in beta, fast travel saves that because people on opposite continents can actually cross compete to an extent.
    • The map size QUADRUPLES , little to no influx of players, complete removal of fast travel, same guilds.. bigger map.
    The strategic awareness of necessary objectives is completely lost.

    Look at last beta -
    • 2 Major black zone cluster's with all of the top tier resources & dungeons located within the epicenter's of the cluster's.
    • Majority of Casual/Core players feeding off the redzone to stay semi competivie.
    • Casual yellow zone pvp/gvg aspect.
    Fastforward -
    • Complete separation of Casual/Hardcore player's.
    • Objectives in every single corner of the map , fame farming is at an all time laugh because of how far behind gathering is so no one even cares to travel to the raid dungeons anymore.
    • Cities are useless because only a handful of people are going to use them. They only promote BAKA type guilds to sit outside and abuse people leaving the cities.
  • KissTheRing wrote:

    The_Nosferatu wrote:

    Stop undermining fast travel to be something that will solve the issues, its just an unnecessary removal of a feature in a game that cannot sustain it's current player-base with it's current map design. Gathering T2 resources is fun, but what is anti fun is when the most lucrative thing about the whole system is that you run your oxen 18 cluster's solo without even fear of dieing because you know no one gives a fuck about your T2 ox materials. They wanted this all to seem so meaningful while giving this enrichment to pvp through this grueling process of running materials.. news flash.. it's not doing shit for pvp.
    Ignorant.LOL do you have the faintest idea how ridiculous you sound? Everytime you post isote excruciatingly clear that you have absolutely no experience with the things you are preaching about. Getting t2 resources is not even an issue, it is absurdly easy to get them, you assume you have something figured out about people being lazy involving t2 resources and it couldnt be further from the truth. t2 resources are utterly irrelevant.

    Most of us have more time played then you have days since you installed the game.

    Not sure if you realize this, and I'll say it slowly for your clearly challenged mind, before...this....beta...there...was...a...previous...beta.

    And yes, I realize it's not the issue. I'm being hyperbolic because Nose-for-two is struggling to articulate his point. What he (and others with concerns) need to do is articulate the problem they think they're having, not post ridiculous ill-thought solutions. Leave that to people that are much smarter than yourselves.

    Until we can articulate and agree upon the problem that needs to be solved, we won't be able to identify possible solutions.


    The_Nosferatu wrote:

    You are ignorant. You have no education other than third party visuals to make your assumption of a problem we actually live. You think because you are in the yellow zones and you bend the knee when someone attacks that you understand the issues that are in the game right now. Stop reading the headlines and get more involved, no one uses cities in black zones because there is no NEED for economy out here. Either your in a zerg guild or you are coming for a visit before you go back to knee bending.
    If you spent half as much time articulating the problem you want solved as you do trying to mindlessly attack those that disagree with you, there's no telling what you might encounter in life.

    But you go ahead and keep making assumptions and guesses about me. Please let me know how that works out for you.


    The_Nosferatu wrote:

    Why is it that you can travel from port to port with overloaded oxes in the royals for NO EXTRA COST? Yet you can't even naked travel throughout the blackzone cities purely to try to diversify economy & pvp.

    You can travel from port to port in the royals because they're considered connected zones for gameplay purposes. You're making the very rookie mistake of assuming there's some actual distance between those two areas just because of a squiggly dotted line on the map. Here's another pro-tip for you: guild islands aren't actually islands, they're just instances. *gasp*

    And yes, you can't travel naked throughout the blackzone cities. The design goal is to force people to travel over land, to promote conflict and pvp.

    You say that's not happening, (and I'd agree to some extent) and your solution is to put in fast travel, which would kill the game entirely and turn markets into a single global auction house like WoW. While I would be unsurprised to learn that you have an affinity for World of Warcraft, that's not how AO is designed to work.

    The problem you're describing sounds to me like a lack of critical mass. In case you don't know what that means, I'll explain. Critical mass is the number of active players that are needed for game systems to operate effectively. For example, a market won't work if only 3 people ever use it. You need enough people buying and selling at markets to have enough critical mass for that market to become self-sustaining.

    In the previous beta, (the one all of you refuse to acknowledge having existed) the problem was too few zones, too small of maps, too few resources, mobs, etc. There were so many people playing AO that they had to scrap their original free to play plans.

    SBI changed things accordingly and this beta began. Unsurprisingly, not everyone wants to start all over again for something they know will be wiped in a few months, and we're now playing in a world designed for many many more players than it currently has.

    THIS is likely the problem that you're seeing. Although, it's certainly hard to extract what the real issue is, with all the childish insults and tantrums we have to filter through when reading your posts.


    The_Nosferatu wrote:

    Stop undermining fast travel to be something that will solve the issues, its just an unnecessary removal of a feature in a game that cannot sustain it's current player-base with it's current map design.


    No, it's not. And again, please leave the solution part to people much smarter than you, you're trying to throw punches way above your weight class.

    This is beta. Having fun in beta isn't the goal. Having a successful launch is the goal. And while it sucks if beta participation is low enough that it becomes hard to effectively test some of the systems, that's the nature of MMO design.

    Lack of players will definitely NOT be a problem when the game is launched, trust me.



    You do realize that all the name calling and petty insults in the world aren't going to make your arguments any more valid, right?

    The post was edited 4 times, last by Lensar ().

  • I am just going to share my thoughts on this, based on my experience, but please keep in mind that I have had the game for 3 days now, and obviously haven't experienced much. But:
    Currently I am based in Kingsmarket, and I usually only travel about 5-10... um.. zones? away. So not that far.
    But even then, the riding gets very tedious, and yes, I only have a journeyman's riding horse, but its still very slow traveling.
    I typically am in a yellow zone, and was in a red zone for a bit when I was doing a dungeon with my guildmate, but I was only attacked once total.
    And since it was the yellow zone, I didn't die or lose anything. Sure, as I get better gear, and go in red zones more often, and then I might get attacked, but PvP doesn't as big as I was hoping it was.
    Probably due to the massive map.
    I really don't like the idea of having to travel for hours just to defend against another guild, or to do a dungeon.
    And I could probably make the same supply run I currently do, 10000 times, and I might get attacked like 5 times total.
    I don't think that fast travel needs to be re-added, I just think the map needs to be shrunk.
    Its far too big.
  • The_Nosferatu wrote:

    No ones making assumptions, you are coming in here telling people you played for 1 day and you know the entire deal because you watched videos... your credibility is zero.

    Yes, you're making terrible rookie assumptions at a level of game design that is clearly over your head, something we know for a fact you realize because of the defensive way you focus on personal attacks and attacking the 'credibility' of someone who offers a differing opinion.

    There are plenty of problems in AO that need to be addressed. Maybe you should consider dropping the attitude and helping the rest of us try to identify them and their root causes instead of throwing a tantrum every time your feelings are hurt because someone disagreed with you.
  • Lensar wrote:

    The_Nosferatu wrote:

    No ones making assumptions, you are coming in here telling people you played for 1 day and you know the entire deal because you watched videos... your credibility is zero.
    Yes, you're making terrible rookie assumptions at a level of game design that is clearly over your head, something we know for a fact you realize because of the defensive way you focus on personal attacks and attacking the 'credibility' of someone who offers a differing opinion.

    There are plenty of problems in AO that need to be addressed. Maybe you should consider dropping the attitude and helping the rest of us try to identify them and their root causes instead of throwing a tantrum every time your feelings are hurt because someone disagreed with you.
    Flawed Progression
    Feedback List & Suggestions 2.0


    Let's see what you do to help the game casual. This is just from this beta, I can go back in my history of feedback, want more threads I have made suggesting changes to the game for the community? PM me. Otherwise continue being an ignorant fucking casual.

    Korn wrote:

    Hi all,

    we agree with the concerns raised about fast travel & travel in general.

    Please see our announcement here: Travel Changes (Sneak Peak)

    All the best,
    Korn


    All of these replies to your ignorance.. all the while I could have done this ages ago.. Is it strange that a game developer acknowledges in this very thread that they AGREE with the concerns raised?