Dual Swords

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• I love my dual swords. I think I out damage just about anyone including claymores, so long as we can actually land our E (hard to do with moving targets and latency sometimes).

However, the problem it has is definitely in its lack of catch/lock down. It doesn't have the burst that daggers bring, it doesn't have the full movespeed/charge that spears have. It doesn't bring any CC to the table like the Mace or Hammer does. It's kind of a bastard right now, that SHOULD out pace dps things.

It has its place, but it's not the greatest in open world PvP. It is AMAZING for PvE tanking though. Get an AoE group together and just AOE down 4-8 tier 7 elites at a time with the right 5 man group.
    • I agree, the dual swords kind of dissappointed me. I look at this from a gvg point of view. If I can't lockdown a target so that my team mates can catch up for a kill, then I should be able to stick to a target and kill it solo with huge dmg. But this doesn't seem to be the case. Claymore with a root on it's e skill does about the same dmg in same amount of time and doesn't really need to stack the q skill. Eventho this weapon has an aoe skill it is only 5m radius. Extremely hard to land on more than 1 person in a gvg fight. I really enjoy the play style so don't really want to switch to a claymore or polehammer since it feels so dull.

I think this weapon needs just a little bit of a buff to control the fight better and be on par with other weapons. Maybe a bit of a q or w dmg boost or a small cc on e or a cc ability earlier then T6.
    • Trasqual schrieb:

I agree, the dual swords kind of dissappointed me. I look at this from a gvg point of view. If I can't lockdown a target so that my team mates can catch up for a kill, then I should be able to stick to a target and kill it solo with huge dmg. But this doesn't seem to be the case. Claymore with a root on it's e skill does about the same dmg in same amount of time and doesn't really need to stack the q skill. Eventho this weapon has an aoe skill it is only 5m radius. Extremely hard to land on more than 1 person in a gvg fight. I really enjoy the play style so don't really want to switch to a claymore or polehammer since it feels so dull.

I think this weapon needs just a little bit of a buff to control the fight better and be on par with other weapons. Maybe a bit of a q or w dmg boost or a small cc on e or a cc ability earlier then T6.
      Thank you! Someone else understand.
      I had to switch to the claymore because the dual swords weren't doing the job for me. I love to pvp and the dual swords sounded like the most liable weapon to do so but then once I obtained them it disappointed me.. I had a T4.2 with a quality of Masterpiece and the damage output was 102 a second. Whenever I went into combat with those I never could beat someone with a measly T5 claymore that had a damage output if only 92. I know skills can come into account but seriously the dual swords are not a reliable weapon right now.
    • *Decides to play an AoE weapon*
      *Gets dissapointed in the AoE weapon's lack of single target damage*
      *Moves on to whine on the forums about it*

Maybe they're meant to be played as an AoE weapon. Heavy Smash is super difficult to land. Unless the enemy is stunned. Which is why people pair Heavy Smash up with stunners.

If you wanna fucking duel or solo gank, pick a SINGLE TARGET weapon. One that has some CC preferrably.

I'm not saying the weapon is balanced right. But when you talk about its lack of duel potential and compare it with claymore, you're just being dumb.
    • Stravanov schrieb:

*Decides to play an AoE weapon*

Maybe they're meant to be played as an AoE weapon. Heavy Smash is super difficult to land. Unless the enemy is stunned. Which is why people pair Heavy Smash up with stunners.

If you wanna fucking duel or solo gank, pick a SINGLE TARGET weapon. One that has some CC preferrably.

I'm not saying the weapon is balanced right. But when you talk about its lack of duel potential and compare it with claymore, you're just being dumb.
      You don't have to be rude about that, I would have just thought a weapon in the SWORDS category would be a good PvP weapon. Let's be realistic here. Seriously I would have thought that the dual swords would have been a bit better in PvP than they actually are. Now let's say I wanted a weapon with better CC. Such as the Daggers or Claws. I am going to have to go down the Hunters skill tree and start back at T3? I dont see how that makes any sense really.
    • Percyvelle schrieb:

Stravanov schrieb:

*Decides to play an AoE weapon*

You don't have to be rude about that, I would have just thought a weapon in the SWORDS category would be a good PvP weapon. Let's be realistic here. Seriously I would have thought that the dual swords would have been a bit better in PvP than they actually are. Now let's say I wanted a weapon with better CC. Such as the Daggers or Claws. I am going to have to go down the Hunters skill tree and start back at T3? I dont see how that makes any sense really.

That's another complaint. And that has nothing to do with this subject.

You made the wrong decision. You had all the information you needed, but you just took a bad decision.

You wanted a high single target DPS weapon with some CC. And you ended up picking a weapon meant for AoE damage that didn't have any CC.

This is not a design problem. Its a problem with your decisionmaking. You wanted dual swords to be something other than it was.

The fault lies with you, not the weapon design.

If you happened to be a fire mage going into a duel, you wouldn't pick the Infernal Staff (AoE) over the other two fire staves, would you? This is what you did.
    • Percyvelle schrieb:

The claymore eventually is going to be buffed and then most of the swords will be useless and most players will resort to the daggers or claws. I'm just saying they really need to balance the swords out.

No, they don't need to "balance them out".

All fucking DPS weapons have an AoE variant and a single target variant.

Its MEANT TO BE THIS WAY. The AoE variant is NOT supposed to be able to beat the single target variant.
    • Stravanov schrieb:

Percyvelle schrieb:

The claymore eventually is going to be buffed and then most of the swords will be useless and most players will resort to the daggers or claws. I'm just saying they really need to balance the swords out.
      No, they don't need to "balance them out".

All fucking DPS weapons have an AoE variant and a single target variant.

Its MEANT TO BE THIS WAY. The AoE variant is NOT supposed to be able to beat the single target variant.

Okay, I know realize what you are saying. We are a community. We don't need to be so hostile with one another. Please. Let's just have fun and talk to one another maturely and respectfully.
      Sincerely,
      Percy

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Percyvelle ()

• Dude u are just maybe bad player or maybe dual swords are not for your playstyle.
      I play dual swords and dont have any problem to kill almost every weapons.
      Sure there are deadly things for me like Fire staff with fire wall or pike with badass root and forest of spears but still i have prety much good chance to beat them.
      Claymore is almost even with me its like 50:50 chance to win,all depens on who do mistake first.
      Aout Bows ... in duel they lost every time but in open they mostly run off but they can prety much kite me.
      Only fire staff is nightmare for me.
      Dual swords are weapon for small party/GvG/Zerg party not for going solo open world.
    • Darrius schrieb:

Dude u are just maybe bad player or maybe dual swords are not for your playstyle.
      I play dual swords and dont have any problem to kill almost every weapons.
      Sure there are deadly things for me like Fire staff with fire wall or pike with badass root and forest of spears but still i have prety much good chance to beat them.
      Claymore is almost even with me its like 50:50 chance to win,all depens on who do mistake first.
      Aout Bows ... in duel they lost every time but in open they mostly run off but they can prety much kite me.
      Only fire staff is nightmare for me.
      Dual swords are weapon for small party/GvG/Zerg party not for going solo open world.
      your build ?
    • U realy think i give u my build just like that? Where is a spirit of builder? not even try figure out something?.'Do u know how much time i spend thinking and testing with that?Q.o
      Ok .. i give us omething... there is cry about sprints, i use only two spells on move speed on my build - iron will and soldier boots + stack Q and still can do a lot.
      Most ppl take Hunter armor for the move and AA speed or some ppl take assassin for Ambush combo on E, or even i saw mage armor on Double blades... how ridiculous.
      Why maxing DMg if u already have a realy good dmg???Why ppl need so much movespeed? U need just good team member with good control and u can do almost anything.
      So like i said ... double blades arent for solo play.
    • Darrius schrieb:

U realy think i give u my build just like that? Where is a spirit of builder? not even try figure out something?.'Do u know how much time i spend thinking and testing with that?Q.o
      Ok .. i give us omething... there is cry about sprints, i use only two spells on move speed on my build - iron will and soldier boots + stack Q and still can do a lot.
      Most ppl take Hunter armor for the move and AA speed or some ppl take assassin for Ambush combo on E, or even i saw mage armor on Double blades... how ridiculous.
      Why maxing DMg if u already have a realy good dmg???Why ppl need so much movespeed? U need just good team member with good control and u can do almost anything.
      So like i said ... double blades arent for solo play.
      What's your ingame name?

I think I rekt you the other day with my T3 spear.