Remove Reputation System

• hugodsds wrote:

The PVP now is ruined, all the risk of go to red zone are gone, cause PVP players cant go back to city when they kill some ppl. It's killing The fun.

PvP should always have consequences for everyone involved. Not only for the sheep (= victim) but also for the wolves (=aggressor).

Without a reputation system, PvPers could kill gatherers and PvEers, reap the rewards and face no risk at all... not even an inconvenience. How could that possibly be a good and balanced system? How is it even fun for an aggressor to kill helpless victims (and gatherers and PvEers are easy kills for a prepared PvPer)? After all, Albion Online is not a MOBA or Arena-style-Shooter, but a sandbox with meaningful conflict.

I played MMORPGs without reputation systems and those tended to be deserted after a few months, because all the sheep (and I consider myseld more sheep than wolf) moved on to other games. And, well, let's face it, there don't seem to be enough hardcore-PvP-fans to keep a game financially afloat over a longer time.

Long story short: You want to be a thug, you gotta live the life of a thug.
  • Larec wrote:

hugodsds wrote:

The PVP now is ruined, all the risk of go to red zone are gone, cause PVP players cant go back to city when they kill some ppl. It's killing The fun.
    PvP should always have consequences for everyone involved. Not only for the sheep (= victim) but also for the wolves (=aggressor).

Without a reputation system, PvPers could kill gatherers and PvEers, reap the rewards and face no risk at all... not even an inconvenience. How could that possibly be a good and balanced system? How is it even fun for an aggressor to kill helpless victims (and gatherers and PvEers are easy kills for a prepared PvPer)? After all, Albion Online is not a MOBA or Arena-style-Shooter, but a sandbox with meaningful conflict.

I played MMORPGs without reputation systems and those tended to be deserted after a few months, because all the sheep (and I consider myseld more sheep than wolf) moved on to other games. And, well, let's face it, there don't seem to be enough hardcore-PvP-fans to keep a game financially afloat over a longer time.

and this right here is the type of person thats gonna ruin the game a self admitted sheep..you played shitty mmorpgs thats for sure. i bet you are the same person that is complaining about the premium feature in the game after you buy it. if you bought this game for mining in peace you must be illiterate and did not read the advertising..people bought this game for the hardcore and full loot aspect not to mine in peace.
  • ripdeath wrote:

Larec wrote:

hugodsds wrote:

and this right here is the type of person thats gonna ruin the game a self admitted sheep..you played shitty mmorpgs thats for sure. i bet you are the same person that is complaining about the premium feature in the game after you buy it. if you bought this game for mining in peace you must be illiterate and did not read the advertising..people bought this game for the hardcore and full loot aspect not to mine in peace.
    Talk about an ad hominem....
  • W3B5T3R wrote:

Larec wrote:

hugodsds wrote:

face no risk at all...
    so the gathers or crafters cant fight back?
    I do agree that crafters and gatherers should have a way not to get rekt by pvpers; but causing PvPers (usually solo players) to be unable to enter cities because they want to PvP seems a bit too extreme.
  • Larec wrote:

hugodsds wrote:

This right here. Reputation system is very necessary for balance.

The problem is that people are morons and cry about shit they are too stupid to understand.
  • This system doesn't need to be removed; It does need to be fixed though. You should not go further in the negative for defending yourself against non-flagged players. Right now if you ever want to unflag you must log off for days because your rep will get worst if you decide to play the game, and not just let every player who sees you kill you.
  • system should exist but not what they did in last patch. I went from - 100 to -300 for HITTING a person in RED zone inside the FREE PVP circle. this makes no sense,whats the point in circle if u still get - rep??? now i cant play for 2 days since im still on the islands and not ready to go mainland