Red Zones Ruined

• Red Zones Ruined

Last beta, red zones were high risk, high reward, and most importantly high traffic areas.

The progression system prodded players up through increasingly higher risk/reward zones. Red zones were the place to be for mid-level gathering, PVE, and small-scale PVP. At any point in time you could leave town and find action within a couple of minutes.

Now, there's little pushing player interactions. Maps are enormous and Non-PVPers can practically ignore risks in red zones because PVP'ers get bent over, their asses quickly filled full with the unforgiving fist of the reputation system.
    "....asses quickly filled full with the unforgiving fist of the reputation system."

The only option now for reliable PVP is forcing a younger sibling/kidnapped child to sit at your keyboard for the 30 minutes it takes to walk/ride your character out to the black zones, only to get instantly rolled by a massive deathball from one of the big warring guilds. Small-scale PVP barely exists anymore. Who signed off on this. Was it Korn? I hate you. Red zones are pointless and empty. I understand the need to make things a bit safer for people since last beta, but this is a huge knee-jerk in the other direction. The whole concept of banishing people to far-away zones filled with turds and the gnashing of teeth is terrible.

Chill the heck out with the reputation system.

Peace.
  • Yea redzones were supposed to be for small scale PvP, thats why zergs show up on the minimap so small groups can out maneuver them. With the current reputation system PvPing in redzones is just a chore, checking your details tab every time so you don't go below a certain point is just not fun. Blues have too much power in redzones it makes no sense, if two groups showed up to a dungeon and one of them had a bunch of reputable players in it you can't do anything to them other then share mobs. Flagging and killing would lock your entire raid out of town for a week. If they want to force PvP to the outlands they should change half the zones to red so people who enjoy small scale PvP have a place to actually play.
    Discord me bro - FuStv#0408
  • Reputation system is trash.

delete button and the game would be better off. I feel so bad for solo/small scale players.

The game is a full loot pvp game. Players are LOSING ACCESS to content for partaking in the core concept that is the first thing marketed for this game.

Delete.
    Move on.
    Beta 1 > Beta 3 > Release > Beta 2
  • Swordlord wrote:

Now, there's little pushing player interactions. Maps are enormous and Non-PVPers can practically ignore risks in red zones because PVP'ers get bent over, their asses quickly filled full with the unforgiving fist of the reputation system.
    What are you talking about !!! As a nun-PvPer red zones are as dangerous as in last beta . I couldn't even go there . I can't gather t5+ hides alway killed by bandits . Last beta was extremly hard for gatherers . Right now it is more balanced imo . 2-3 people of bandit groups are everywhere in red zones .
  • Swordlord wrote:

Last beta, red zones were high risk, high reward, and most importantly high traffic areas.

The progression system prodded players up through increasingly higher risk/reward zones. Red zones were the place to be for mid-level gathering, PVE, and small-scale PVP. At any point in time you could leave town and find action within a couple of minutes.

You will soon regret about opening this thread. Yes, maybe Redzones right now have less PVP than previous test. But it's only been 1 week since the server launched. What about two weeks later? Come on, most players are now in T4~5 area farming stuff they need, what about when they reach T5 and need to go for T6~7 materials? I am afraid when the time comes we will be crying for more red zones.
  • Reputation system is needed and fine. Quit crying about yellow and red zones when most of the map is black zones. Most of you crying seem like you are just too stupid to go to a black zone where all your complaints would be a non issue. The reality is you don't like the consequences of beating up on non-aggressors. So many entitled whiners in this game expecting noobs to be served up to them on a silver platter. Probably coddled EVE players who haven't had to think in pvp.

VetonB wrote:

Meanwhile i PK solo in both red and black zones with over 1M bank from loot , and -3204 reputation (Nefarious)

Maybe you guys just simply suck?

I truly do think that is the case. The real pks have figured it out. Its just the dumb kids complaining.

The fastest way for AO to kill their game is to start listening to these morons on the forums who want to change everything to be more like some other mmorpg that they enjoy.

Look what happened to Darkfall. That game was destroyed as a direct result of countless forum dwelling morons constantly protesting the game mechanics because it wasn't what they were accustomed to (class-based pvp) they were too stupid to appreciate how the game was different and BETTER that all the other pvp mmorpgs in existence in its demand for player skill.

SI please don't make the same mistake as Darkfall, don't abandon your vision and start listening to these retarded armchair devs who want to fundamentally change the game.

The post was edited 4 times, last by Frumpylumps ().

• I saw some correct stuff down this thread,

However - Reputation will be changed so no need to trash talk it anymore.

- Last beta test the map was half smaller, so higher chance to meet people in game.

Now everyone is naturally spread over continents progressing and gathering their own god damn shit.

So maybe there are not enough people playing this game to fill all the maps or people are staying in the beginin area by making their guild island in queen market which is a mistake.